WINNER WONDERLAND

Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Flic En Flac
“Truly wonderful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have written a review of somewhere and the only reason I thought about not doing is - do I really want to tell everyone else about such a lovely place - in case it's full when we would want to go back!
If you want a quiet place with relaxation and privacy - with great service but not obtrusive service - with enough space so that you don't feel crowded, great food and a chance to breathe again in a busy world - this is it!
We spent 10 days - it rained for maybe half of them and yet I would still say it was one of the nicest places/holidays we've had. We just wanted somewhere to recharge our batteries - this was perfect. I read and chilled and my husband water skied with a great guy called Christophe. When he wanted to try to get specific tv channels for watching an (apparently) vital football game or rugby they did everything they could to help and went the extra mile. On the beachfront we were so well looked after by Wessley and the rest of the guys - and the bar staff and restaurant staff were charming.
The villas are spread out enough that you never felt overlooked and could really feel secluded and the beach has more space than others in Mauritius we have been to.
Trying to think of ANY negatives - and all I can think of is that my husband moaned a bit about not being able to wear shorts for dinner (it's one of his obsessions - he feels he is on holiday then) but they weren't snooty about it - and he did wear flip-flops so felt OK about it!!!
In short - loved it and will go back

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We picked Maradiva for our honeymoon and I am so glad we did!

As soon as I walked in I got the 'WOW' factor. Although we arrived late, right away the staff were so helpful and efficient with checking us in straight away.

When we arrived at the Villa, I was blown away. I knew our stay was going to be something very special. Everything was clean and neat and very spacious.

Throughout our stay we dealt with numerous members of the Maradiva team, including the beach crew, which made our time there very enjoyable especially by the attentive service of Wessley and the rest of the boys.

The Boat House team also never hesitated in taking us out on the boat or assisting us with other water activities.

The Japanese restaurant would have had to have been our favourite. The food was amazing, and again, the staff were so attentive.

Thanks again Maradiva
Mr & Mrs W

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Incredible service! Great on site facilities! Really enjoyed the tennis court and spa. The food was top notch. After staying there for ten days I wasn't sick of the food in the slightest... It really blew me away. The rooms are lovely we stayed in a villa with our own private swimming pool. The outdoor shower was a great touch. Tastefully decorated and very secure.
We got married here and the wedding planner was amazing! We didn't have a worry our whole stay. We did many day trips organised by maradiva which where great. The staff would happily help with any requests - champagne on the beach, dining in a tent on the beach, butler service breakfast/dinner in our villa. Highly recommend and would love to go again!

• Stayed July 2012
Port Elizabeth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have seen many resorts during our stay, but this 1 totally blow me over. The setting of villas is excellent. Can highly recommend this hotel to honeymoon couples. Everything you need is at your own personal villa, with food and drinks being serviced from the restaurants, open private beach infront of you or you can just relax in your own private swimming pool!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Centrino583
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Note: The hotel's infrastructure is breath taking, this is just our view of the service.

We arrived at the hotel, the staff opened the car door and greeted us with: "Welcome Mr. von Rechenberg". My first thought was: "Exceeding service will be awaiting us". Unfortunately I was wrong. The service at Maradiva is very inconsistent. From excellent to embarrassing. Let's start with the great experiences: The GM greeted us upon arrival, the driver we rented for a day to discover the island was fantastic, one guy in the bar (I think his name was Stephan) was extraordinary. But we expected consistency in this kind of hotel.

Here is one example of inconsistency:
On the second day we want to the beach to meet an impudent waiter at the beach bar. I looked at the drinks menu and saw that they offer all the things they offer at the main bar. So I ordered a banana milkshake. He says that they only have strawberry and chocolate. Fine, strawberry it is, even though I had a banana milkshakes there before. My girlfriend orders a drink from the menu. He says they don't have it. She orders another drink from the menu. He says they dont have it. Wow. At this point I get upset and show him in the menu that they serve everything they serve at the main bar. He then leaves and comes back and says ok. We wait over 20 minutes to get our drinks. When he comes back he complains that he had to to walk all the way over to the main bar to get our drinks. Well guess what. I don't care. If we are in a hotel like this and I order something from the drinks menu it is not my problem how you organise it. It's not a special request. I don't want to think, I don't want to care and I certainly don't want excuse myself for ordering something from the standard menu. Yes, it might be just a detail and it's only a stupid drink, but hey, I'm on vacation and don't want to argue and I don't want the waiter to tell me they don't have certain drinks just because he has to walk over to the main bar. There were maybe 4 guests in total, it wasn't like he was super busy.

The service was inconsistent through out the whole week: At the breakfast you had to tell your room number 3 times every single time, but at dinner time another waiter greeted you by your last name. You get the most beautiful table in the restaurant on the your last night but they bring the wrong main courses. They organize you a friendly taxi driver, but they send you to the wrong location. You book a personal driver to discover the island, but the car is not available on the day it was confirmed "due to a technical problem".

Executive summary:
All in all we weren't impressed by the service we received in a hotel of this league. Part of the staff was excellent, but honestly the other part of the staff ruined it. We expect consistency.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Andrin-vR
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have just returned from 10 days at this wonderful resort. Private, charming and utterly wonderful in every respect. Amazing service, staff,excellent food, beautiful location.Nothing was ever a problem and everything requested executed with amazing efficiency.I have traveled to over 100 countries worldwide and have never been to a more charming destination. We will be back in May for another experience of this truly beautiful resort and island. Top points: Food , staff and quality in every respect anyone could even wish for.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful.We actually looked around several villas and they were all exactly the same...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SAH33
Eric M, Resident Manager at Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Greetings from Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa!

It is my pleasure to know that our hotel stands out the most among the properties you have visited worldwide. We are pleased to read that the privacy, the charme, the amazing service, our staff, our excellent food and the beautiful location maid your stay utterly wonderful in every respect.

On behalf of all at Maradiva Mauritius, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am glad you were able to take home wonderful memories.

We look forward to welcoming you to Maradiva again next May.

Best regards,
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to Maradiva for our honeymoon in the first week of September 2011 for 10 nights in the Luxury Suite Villa. Maradiva seemed to tick all the boxes for us; private beach, luxurious villas with plunge pools and as it was a villa only resort meaning you would not get the cheaper hotel 'riff raff' people. It was slightly more than I was hoping to pay for the honeymoon but I can assure you, it was worth every penny!

Upon arriving in Mauritius, our driver was waiting with his sign. He was a great guy who gave us refreshing face towels, water and took our bags to our private car parked very close. We chatted on the way about Mauritius, the history, things to do etc. Upon arriving at Maradiva, everything was like clockwork. The car was parked just a few metres away from reception, staff were ready waiting, opening our doors, taking our bags and the manager sits down with us to briefly explain a few things and answer any questions. Within a few minutes we were on a golf cart being driven to our villa. The villa was in great condition and we could fault nothing. We were more than impressed.

I could go on and on about how amazing everything was but I'll try and just pick out the best bits.

- Beach was near on empty at Maradiva compared to the Hotel resort further along the beach whose beach was full of people. We loved the space and privacy.
- Amazing food! Great variety of vegetarian meals.
- The chef came out to ask about how our food was. We are vegetarian (no egg, meat, fish) and no alcohol and we mentioned this and that how there could maybe be a couple more vegetarian deserts. By the next morning, the chef had created a new specially made vegetarian menu which arrived at our villa containing lots of starters, main courses and deserts!
- The staff were amazing, every single one of them. They all seemed like good old friends within a few days. A few examples on how great they were:

The waiters on the beach who bring you over water and towels when you sit down knew our names on the first day before we even introduced ourselves, talk about personalised experience!

The great friendly waiters in the restaurants who would crack a joke now and then and make you feel special. Felt more like friends than waiters.

Staff going out of there way to say hi and seeing how things work (never intruded our privacy). On the day before we were going we even had some staff who seeing us wandering around came over to say bye as they were not working the day we were leaving.

All in all, the weather, location, accommodation, food, staff etc were all amazing. My brother is looking where to go for his honeymoon now and I'm helping him find something, that's what prompted me to finally leave my review. He'd like to go somewhere different to where I went but we are struggling to find anywhere that may be better!

Me and the wife always remember the amazing experience we had at Maradiva and would love to go back one day, maybe our 25th Anniversary. Obviously at this price (expensive but great value for money), for us, its something that may only be a once in a lifetime treat.

# Few Tips #
- Our flights stopped in Dubai on the way, don't do that, we found the total journey time becomes way too long and the airport staff in Dubai were not good at all.
- Use the bikes to go to the local town, We bought some things from there and kept them in our mini bar fridge to have at lunch. Works out a lot cheaper.
- There a fairly local place where you can do Quad Biking, definitely recommend it. Views are spectacular.
- There is great live entertainment at the bar. We normally went to the restaurant besides it and then relaxed on the beach. Only realised the last night that music was actually live and not just a recording playing - doh!

Many many thanks to everyone who made this an amazing experience for us.
Thanks Gurjeet & Harvir!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G409
Dear Gurjeet & Harvir,

I am thrilled that your honeymoon was both wonderful and memorable for you.

On behalf of our team, I would like to thank you for offering your comments on our property. We continually work hard to give our guests only the best and it is with feedback such as yours that we are given reassurance that we are meeting the expectations of our guests.

Thank you for recommanding our resort to your brother for his honeymoon. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of further help.

Thank you once again for your stay with us .We look forward to welcoming you to Maradiva again, and why not before your 25th wedding anniversary !

Best regards,
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,304 reviews

Been to Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!