We went to Maradiva for our honeymoon in the first week of September 2011 for 10 nights in the Luxury Suite Villa. Maradiva seemed to tick all the boxes for us; private beach, luxurious villas with plunge pools and as it was a villa only resort meaning you would not get the cheaper hotel 'riff raff' people. It was slightly more than I was hoping to pay for the honeymoon but I can assure you, it was worth every penny!
Upon arriving in Mauritius, our driver was waiting with his sign. He was a great guy who gave us refreshing face towels, water and took our bags to our private car parked very close. We chatted on the way about Mauritius, the history, things to do etc. Upon arriving at Maradiva, everything was like clockwork. The car was parked just a few metres away from reception, staff were ready waiting, opening our doors, taking our bags and the manager sits down with us to briefly explain a few things and answer any questions. Within a few minutes we were on a golf cart being driven to our villa. The villa was in great condition and we could fault nothing. We were more than impressed.
I could go on and on about how amazing everything was but I'll try and just pick out the best bits.
- Beach was near on empty at Maradiva compared to the Hotel resort further along the beach whose beach was full of people. We loved the space and privacy.
- Amazing food! Great variety of vegetarian meals.
- The chef came out to ask about how our food was. We are vegetarian (no egg, meat, fish) and no alcohol and we mentioned this and that how there could maybe be a couple more vegetarian deserts. By the next morning, the chef had created a new specially made vegetarian menu which arrived at our villa containing lots of starters, main courses and deserts!
- The staff were amazing, every single one of them. They all seemed like good old friends within a few days. A few examples on how great they were:
The waiters on the beach who bring you over water and towels when you sit down knew our names on the first day before we even introduced ourselves, talk about personalised experience!
The great friendly waiters in the restaurants who would crack a joke now and then and make you feel special. Felt more like friends than waiters.
Staff going out of there way to say hi and seeing how things work (never intruded our privacy). On the day before we were going we even had some staff who seeing us wandering around came over to say bye as they were not working the day we were leaving.
All in all, the weather, location, accommodation, food, staff etc were all amazing. My brother is looking where to go for his honeymoon now and I'm helping him find something, that's what prompted me to finally leave my review. He'd like to go somewhere different to where I went but we are struggling to find anywhere that may be better!
Me and the wife always remember the amazing experience we had at Maradiva and would love to go back one day, maybe our 25th Anniversary. Obviously at this price (expensive but great value for money), for us, its something that may only be a once in a lifetime treat.
# Few Tips #
- Our flights stopped in Dubai on the way, don't do that, we found the total journey time becomes way too long and the airport staff in Dubai were not good at all.
- Use the bikes to go to the local town, We bought some things from there and kept them in our mini bar fridge to have at lunch. Works out a lot cheaper.
- There a fairly local place where you can do Quad Biking, definitely recommend it. Views are spectacular.
- There is great live entertainment at the bar. We normally went to the restaurant besides it and then relaxed on the beach. Only realised the last night that music was actually live and not just a recording playing - doh!
Many many thanks to everyone who made this an amazing experience for us.
Thanks Gurjeet & Harvir!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo, Orbitz and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac