“fantastic holiday”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Flic En Flac
london
“fantastic holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the sands with my husband and 5 year old son for 4 days. The hotel is lovely, the beach is fantastic. But I must say that the thing that made our holiday great was the staff at the sands. Everybody was friendly, professional and did all they could to make us comfortable, happy and very well looked after.
We enjoyed the water sports very much and the boys at the beach house were very very nice to my son and did al they could to make him have fun (they didn't need to because it is not a kids club!).
I can only highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

It was our first time at sands, but from the moment we got there till the end we had a exceptional stay. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and there is a wide veriety of lovely food every day. We recieved the best service and the staff went out their way to attended to our needs to the highest standard. The resort is in a great location, very clean and quiet and has great views. We had a very relaxing holiday and cannot fault our stay at sands in any way possible. Without doubt we would choose to stay there again next time! I recommend it to anyone thinking of staying on the west coast!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dishali C
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sands Resort have been the best experience ever. It was a Honeymoon trip and they just made our week special. The staff was very friendly. The pool and beach were very clean. The atmosphere was very good compared to other regions where we had our day tours.

For Vegetarians, there's always some special food. In case you want some special variety, just talk to Chefs and they will make it for you for no charge. Got great support from Christopher and Rishi from Tamarind Restaurant for Vegetarian food.

For Non Vegetarians, the Buffet meals will make you Happy. Too many items. (None tasted although)

The Private beach is just another best part of the Resort. Water sports were nice experience.

Overall rating for Mauritus as whole (9.5/10)
Overall rating for Resort (10/10)

Room Tip: Avoid Flyfish Water Sport 'coz it will lead to muscular pains (We did this while on our tour to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jinesh999
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We returned to Sands this July having thoroughly enjoyed our fortnight there in 2012. The main point of this review is to say how much we enjoyed this year even more so, than last year if that's at all possible. This was made possible by the fantastic reception we received from ALL the team there, not only did they all recognise us but remembered our names as well. Entering our room (the same one as last year) we were greeted by a welcome - our names inside the entrance spelt out in leaves and flowers, a bottle of bubbly chilling away and a Sands plinth with a welcome spelt out in chocolate script, not to mention the plate of fruit and dips and the handwritten note from Patrick Chan welcoming us back. Just like last year we were greeted on arrival at reception by the Managers and offered welcome cool towels to refresh us, whisked off to our room and allowed to quietly settle in barring the welcoming cold drinks delivered to our room.
I mentioned at great length last review the work Patrick and Tristan have invested in the staff and the hotel facilities to make your stay just like being with close friends, this was even more evident this year as all the team members you met around the hotel were so ready to enquire as to how you were and if there was anything they could do for you just as close friends would.
Last year was our Ruby wedding anniversary and I happened to mention this in passing to Tristan the Food & Beverage Manager, next thing we knew we were whisked off to the A La Carte restaurant and treated to a magnificent meal, even the menus had been printed with our names on as a souvenir. This Tristan says is standard practice to surprise guests and to exceed their expectations - they succeed! This year we had no anniversary to celebrate but one evening we were unexpectedly taken down to the beach and had dinner at our very own table served from the A La Carte menu, we had previously noticed newly weds enjoying the atmosphere but never expected to share in this privilege. As returning guests it was just a very nice touch from the hotel to thank us for returning to Sands, like we needed thanking.
A previous reviewer (AnnLaffeaty) was there at the same time as us so we were able to compare notes as it were and having read her review I can only agree with everything she has to say about how fantastic the Sands is. I could mention again the extensive menu range provided but I believe this has already been covered in depth by other reviewers.
Staying at the Sands I can promise you will not be disappointed, quite the contrary your every wish will be catered for and the team will move mountains to make your holiday experience the most memorable ever.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sea however as previously stated the first & second floors enjoy more privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happy_Traveller80170
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about the sands hotel.

Dinner. 10/10 every night! We were there 11 nights and never had the same thing twice. Option for everyone as well.

Location. You are the end resort and it is so peaceful I can't even explain in words. Just go there. 10/10

Breakfast 7/10. Hot food was like warm every day. But cold food was great!!

To go anywhere other than the resort is an expensive taxi journey so be aware of this. Closest bus stop is a 15 min walk but buses take twice as long to get anywhere although you won't pay more than £2 to travel anywhere.

I have so much more to say but could be here all day,,,,

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Frank P
Bolton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I spent 2 wonderful weeks at The Sands in June. I can honestly say it was the best holiday I have ever had.

Annlaffeaty has given an in depth review which I totally agree with. I have been to a number of 5* resorts in the Far East and The Sands beats everyone of them for service. The staff are so warm, friendly and professional.

The hotel is so peaceful and quiet even when the hotel is near maximum capacity.

I am a very fussy eater and I found the food to be excellent especially the sweets. Although I only had lunch on 2 occasions I did not find the cost anymore than at my favourite lunchtime eatery in Bolton. I only paid just over £6 for a cocktail - which was very strong.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable and they are very clean.

The beach is clean and very quiet. It is cleaned every morning

The lobster dinner was fairly expensive but no more than a good restaurant in the UK and the food was delicious.

Also had a romantic meal in the gazebo, which was really lovely and the food was very good.

We had a late flight and Melvyn let us have the room at no extra cost.

Mauritius is a stunning island with warm friendly people so its worth hiring a car to go exploring.
We managed to cover quite a bit of the south coast.

We went Whale watching with Dolswim and were very lucky to see Sperm and Humpback Whales. Apparently there is only a 50% chance of seeing them. Also went on a catamaran trip with Crosaire Australis - fabulous day out. Also try and get to Ile aux Aigrettes enjoyable morning and the money goes to a good cause.

All the staff at The Sands went out of their way to make us feel at home and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tiggipaws
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Hi
i am so proud that my first review ever on tripadvisor is on sands resort.
I think they have invented the word 'hospitality'
I was there for 4 nights in july for my honeymoon on hb basis.
As we are vegetarians,we were very well catered and were given whatever we asked for even if it was out of their buffet menu.
During our stay my wife had fallen sick.the manager personally came to ask abt her health.as she was also admitted to a hospital,he even asked us if we wanted to deliver the food what doctor had recommended there itself.
Such was the warmth and care shown by their entire team.
They have raised the bar in the hospitality business.
It was my honour to stay there.cant thank them enough for everything

• Stayed July 2013
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,403 reviews
Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa
#3 of 17 in Flic En Flac

Been to Sands Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!