When I was planning for my holidays in Mauritius, I shortlisted a few resorts 2 months back and kept checking their current reviews. I was amazed to see how many "Excellent" reviews Sand Resort and Spa was getting, it was too good to be true. I booked two rooms form my family.
After 8 hours flight from New Delhi, we were tired. When I stepped in the Hotel the view of the sea from the reception was mind blowing. We were taken straight to our rooms for check-in. This was the start of Wow's. I had requested for a interconnected room and we got it. The staff at front desk was very courteous and warm. Rooms are far more spacious than they look in the pictures.
Food : Our package was half board so our breakfasts and dinners wet included. Food in the resort is "Awesome". Breakfast Buffet has a wide choice. Dinners have a theme like Mediterranean Indian Ocean, Italian which is repeated after 14 days. When you check-in Hotel staff ask you for your food preferences and allergies. Look for the "Omelette Guy" this guy is amazing and after the first day he would remember your omelette preferences.
Dolphin Bar is well stocked, I spent a lot of time tasting the local Rums and rum based cocktails. Food menu at the Bar is damn good too. Try their Club sandwich, Pizza, Beef Burger, Dholl Puri (local food). There is a live band post dinner.
Hotel Activities like Beach volleyball, Tennis, aqua gym are really taken care of and are good fun. One of these activity was cycling to Flic En Flac village, the hotel guy with us took us to the best of street food in the village. My son and me had great time cycling.
Downside - Internet ! Although it is free you have to punch in your username and password many times in a day. For those using iPhone save the User ID & Password as a keyboard shortcut, that will save a lot of time. The internet connection is not secured and my dropbox sync refused to work till I switched on my VPN. For some reason Instagram (photo app) is blocked ! Again if you use VPN you can overcome this.
We asked for late check out and we were allowed to stay till 5 PM. WOW !!
A special thanks to all the staff of Sand Resort & Spa. You guys were very warm, welcoming and caring. You guys made our holiday special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa is a 4 star deluxe all Suite hotel situated in Wolmar, on the west coast of Mauritius. With its 92 spacious suites, 3 restaurants, spa, entertainment facilities, fine sandy beach, crystal clear lagoon and unrivalled view across the Bay of Tamarin and Le Morne, this resort is the ideal hideaway for those looking for serenity, comfort and personalised service in an elegant setting and typical Mauritian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Resort Mauritius
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac