The sands truly lives up to its reputation. having done a lot of research (for many days!) as I was looking for somewhere special for our honeymoon, I felt obliged to write something about this wonderful resort...if you are looking for somewhere really special where you will be treated like royalty book with confidence. We got married and flew out the next days, so after a 17 hour trip from London we were exhausted. When we arrived the hotel staff took us to our comfortable room, offering us complimentary drinks and fruit, and we did our checkin on our balcony! It's the small meaningful things like this that were the theme of our stay and this is what makes the sand different to any other resort I have stayed in. All the staff remember your name, Every night the restaurant manager Rishi would guide us through the buffet telling what each meal contained as we could not eat pork. In the mornings the chef Ashok made each breakfast memorable and cooked us the best omelet I have had in my life. The very friendly concierge Deepak spent time helping us plan our excursions around the island, and booked us a very nice driver called Ravi (we highly recommend this gentleman as he gives you a long history of the island and took us to some truly amazing spots not mentioned in the guide book. We negotiated a nice fee with him, around £40 a day to do the north and south of the island. We also asked him to take us back to the airport). I read some reviews that some people complained about the food but we found the variety and quality of food very good, with live music every night. The hotel also arranged a honeymoon dinner for us on the beach with a special cake, very thoughtful! There is free water sports and some paid (like dolphin trip) which was amazing. The sands may not be 5* resort but it definitely feels like it. The location is also perfect for couples, being at the end of a long private beach means its very quite, we frequently walked down the beach and other hotels like the Hilton are located near the public beach which is very loud! It only has one pool, but it has a spectacular view in front of the sea and a mountain, the room was very comfortable (not as modern as some of the other luxury hotels but at the same time its not old either, the view from our balcony faced the sea) and it is cleaned twice a day. The spa is nice and we went to the private sauna and hamam twice. On our last day whilst we waited for the taxi, as a compliment, the staff brought the best cocktail in Mauritius...like the whole stay it was very refreshing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa is a 4 star deluxe all Suite hotel situated in Wolmar, on the west coast of Mauritius. With its 92 spacious suites, 3 restaurants, spa, entertainment facilities, fine sandy beach, crystal clear lagoon and unrivalled view across the Bay of Tamarin and Le Morne, this resort is the ideal hideaway for those looking for serenity, comfort and personalised service in an elegant setting and typical Mauritian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sands Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Resort Mauritius
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac