We stayed in this hotel for 14 nights and had a great time there. We were on half board and the food was good. The breakfast buffet had cereals, various breads, fruits, cheeses and cold meats as well as excellent freshly cooked hot food (eggs/ omelettes /pancakes etc).
The evening dinner buffet changed every night on a 2 week cycle and there was plenty of variety to choose from – the sweets in particular were fantastic. There are 2 other restaurants on site but we didn't try them – on a half board basis, there is only a discount of 500 rupees per person which bought one course at best so costs could rack up. There was plenty of choice at lunchtime for snacks/pizza etc. Staff were friendly and helpful – not just in restaurants but in the gym and boathouse as well. Patrick the manager was also always very helpful.
The grounds are beautiful with palm trees and various colourful bushes / shrubs. There is a lovely infinity pool with activities every day – aqua-aerobics/ volleyball - and water sports are available at no cost - snorkelling/ peddles/ kayaks / wind surfing/waterskiing. During the day there is great beach/pool service provided for both food and drinks. The beach has a lot of coral so swim shoes are advisable.
The room and bathroom were big and we had a great view of the gardens and beach from the first floor room. We were on the south side of the resort slightly further away from the pool, bar and evening music.
We would definitely recommend the Sands for stays on the west coast - it is a good 4 star hotel with great service and is good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa is a 4 star deluxe all Suite hotel situated in Wolmar, on the west coast of Mauritius. With its 92 spacious suites, 3 restaurants, spa, entertainment facilities, fine sandy beach, crystal clear lagoon and unrivalled view across the Bay of Tamarin and Le Morne, this resort is the ideal hideaway for those looking for serenity, comfort and personalised service in an elegant setting and typical Mauritian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Sands Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sands Resort Mauritius
- Sands Suites Resort & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac