“Average ambience but good food”
Review of Comlone Restaurant - CLOSED

Comlone Restaurant
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We went to Comlone for a dinner and ordered octopus salad, chilli and garlic prawns and Mauritian fried rice. The sauce on the prawn was amazing and just what we wanted, and it went really well with the fried rice.
Unlike some previous reviews, two waiters came to take drink and food orders within 5 minutes of seating and everything came out quickly. We paid straight away as soon as we walked over to the cashier too, so no problem there at all.
The music was loud so maybe not suited for a romantic dinner, but it was a good place for a quick easy dinner.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were there the first evening. The restaurant has not an exceptional atmosphere but the food is good, courses are abundant and cheap. I personally think that you can find better places in flic and flac but, surely, I can't say that the restaurant is not OK.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went to Comlone for lunch the other day and found the ambiance, service and food of the place to be terrible. I ordered on of the more expensive items on the menu and it was probably the worst meal I have had in a very very long time; bland, overcooked and poorly presented! Adding to the disappointment and frustration, it took us nearly 20 minutes to receive the bill even after standing up by the cashier for about 10 minutes.

Try anything else on the strip it is bound to be much better than what Comlone has to offer...

1  Thank SammyhKhan
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Truly one of the worst restaurants I've ever been to. There is nothing positive to say about it really. The worst food I've had in over one year in Mauritius. I have never seen prawns in their shell with no consistency before - they were in a mush state, which indicated that they must have been sitting in a fridge for ages. The fish soup was inedible too. No one asked us if we wanted any side dishes, which were not included, so by the time the mains arrived it was too late to ask for side dishes.
There were 6 waiters for only 5 tables with customers, and we still had to wait 30 minutes to order and another 30 minutes to get the bill. After asking for it 3 times, we had to go to the cashier and pay there. All the staff was completely indifferent and simply seemed to not want to be bothered. One of them must have thought he was a DJ, because he kept playing extremely loud, horrible disco music (!). Every 5 minutes one of the customers would ask him to turn it down, and every 5 minutes he would pump it up again. I wouldn't recommend this place if it was the last restaurant on earth!

1  Thank Dimitris X
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I went there on a sunday for a family lunch,as we are veg,we order veg food but we it comes to the table we can see bits of egg.when we ask the waiter he says by mistake,how come such mistake,I hate this resto now,got many more prblm but its useless,not recommended.

5  Thank Pooja R