La Pirogue Mauritius
Aanari Hotel & Spa(Flic En Flac)
$156
$476
$359
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Beach Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
$377
$246
Hotels.com
$303
$284
$299
Trip.com
Gold Beach Resort(Flic En Flac)
$252
$207
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Manisa Hotel(Flic En Flac)
$132
$86
Trip.com
Escale Vacances(Flic En Flac)
$67
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
Villas Caroline(Flic En Flac)
TripAdvisor
3,397 results
All reviewsbeach barblue barsister hotel sugar beachthatched bungalowscoconut cafesugar beach next doormini golfour honeymoonpaul virginiehalf boardpalm treesall inclusive packagestandard roombeautiful beachkids clubmini barcrazy golf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My Husband and I have just returned from 9 glorious nights at La Pirogue. This was my 7th visit to this wonderful hotel and his 6th visit. The standard of excellence is unbelievable. The staff are all friendly and helpful and they go out of their way to help. Fabiola was the lady that cleaned our room, she did an amazing job. Our dinner waiter was Vikash, if there is a service excellence award, he wins it hands down. Jeewan at the beach bar is always cheerful and makes everyone laugh. The food is amazing and the desserts are delicious, not to mention the variety. A special thank you to all the chefs, whether they prepare fruit or divine desserts, they are brilliant. The cocktails are yummy and there is a wonderful variety. Something that always catches my attention is the gardens, they are so well maintained and breath-taking. Our room was no 4 which is in the very first circle, we liked this room because it was quite and it has a lovely garden and fishpond outside. If you are a lazy person you won't like this room because it is a relatively long walk to the pool etc, but with all the food one consumes, it is better to have a longer walk. We made use of the Aura Spa, my advice, make sure you put this on your list, it is worth it. We opted for the All Inclusive package which we felt was really worth it because we had a lot to drink during the day because it was so hot and it was great to be able to have cappuccinos with breakfast and dinner everyday. We were very impressed with the equipment at the boat house because it is well maintained and there is enough stock so that you don't have to wait for equipment on a busy day. Every time I leave La Pirogue I shed a tear or ten because I just don't want the holiday to end. I could go on for days about how wonderful La Pirogue is but I think I could some it up by saying that I will definitely go back there as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kavita H, E-Commerce at La Pirogue Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your comment and loyalty to La Pirogue. We are happy to read that you had a wonderful stay at La Pirogue and that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. We will definitely let our team members know that you were entirely satisfied with their services.

We thank you again for your comments and hope to welcome you soon to La Pirogue.

Best regards,

The la Pirogue Team

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from a 10 day trip to Mauritius! 2 days at The Sands Resort and Spa and the rest at La Pirogue. I must say that we are glad to have chosen to stay the longer period at La Pirogue. The staff should be commended for their friendliness and service! Special mention to the GM Mr Clency Romeo who was extremely kind and hospitable for our stay. We appreciated the daily treats and have bought back the wine to Oz to remember our trip! You are a great asset to the Resort! Will bring you a nice bottle of wine on our return! Also Mario at the beach bar was fantastic to us along with the rest of the staff at the Beach Bar, Coconut Bar and Blue Bar. I will definitely miss all the pinacolada's, mangocoladas, mojito's, the champers and my fav Phoenix fresh beer(the only beer I have ever liked in my life). Hubby will miss his Phoenix! I Definitely recommend the All Inclusive package, the selection of foods from; the buffet at Thatches to a la carte at Paul et Virginie, lunches at the Beach Bar to pizza's at the Coconut Cafe as well as a la carte from Sugar Beach restaurants Tides and Citronellas, is vast and we were very satisfied at every meal! Hubby especially was impressed by the food at Tides.

We went on a day trip to Casella national park where we walked with the lions and went quad biking. The hotel packed us a picnic basket for lunch (included in the all inclusive package) and I must admit the amount of food given could feed literally 4 or 5 people! Thank u

The entertainment was a bonus and made our nights quite lively. Thanks entertainment crew for your lovely colorfulness and energy, great to watch. The free water sport activities was great although we only did the pedal boats and canoe. Played mini golf and of course, the 6 tennis courts! A bit of advice if you want to play tennis - bring your own tennis balls as they don't provide this and have to buy it.

The Resort is absolutely beautiful, well maintained. We were impressed of the constant attention to detail put into the garden maintenance. Always something going into the lush green surroundings. The beach is stunning,
the hawkers are not pests and leave you alone if you say no.

The only thing I could say is that our room was a bit small, the superior rooms are much bigger which we will hopefully stay in next time. But this didn't bother as much as we were always out and about anyway.

I would also recommend if you want to get around the island to rent a car as the taxi prices are quite steep! But who needs to get out when all is here at La Pirogue.

Thank you again team at La Pirogue, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you! ---> Kristine & Garreth (Perth, Aus)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kavita H, E-Commerce at La Pirogue Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Kristine and Garreth,

Greetings from La Pirogue,

It is a pleasure for all of us to read how much you enjoyed your holidays, the hospitality of our team members and the services and facilities of the hotel. We thank you for sharing your experiences at La Pirogue with other travelers on this forum as well as for recommending us.

We thank you for choosing La Pirogue for your recent holidays and hope that La Pirogue will be your first choice for your next holidays in Mauritius.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Returned yesterday to rainy, wind-swept UK yesterday after a sensational first trip to Mauritius and La Pirogue. The hotel was perfect - beautiful room near the beach (with silent air-conditioning, other reviewers please note), fantastic staff and great food and services. We thought long and hard when deciding which hotel, and are so glad we picked La Pirogue. We celebrated my wife's birthday, with champagne delivered to our patio, followed by a beautiful meal at Paul & Virginie, the a la carte menu. Even the lady at the towel cabana wished my wife 'happy birthday' without prompting. (Clever these computers).It was useful, too, to be able to share the facilities of the Sugar Beach Hotel next door, but in truth we had everything we wanted at La Pirogue. A hotel may be beautifully equipped, but the fact is that it is the staff that makes a hotel, and this is where La Pirogue scores so highly. Perhaps it's the fact that Mauritius is such a beautiful island that makes everyone smile! The 'all inclusive' package is the way to go, there was very little on the menus that wasn't included, and there was a vast range of drinks to choose from. Add to that many free watersports, evening entertainment and other things to do, and it makes up the perfect package. Special thanks too to the gentleman operating the Beach Trolley who, more than once, brought drinks directly to the patio of our room. Thank you management and staff for making our trip so special, we will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Spend the extra cash on a Superior room: slightly bigger, proper sea view and a few strides to the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IanRHamilton
Kavita H, E-Commerce at La Pirogue Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Greetings from La Pirogue,

Thank you for choosing La Pirogue for your recent holidays. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the hospitality of our team members and that they exceeded your expectations. We have passed on your special thanks to Sakil, the gentleman operating the Beach Trolley, and he is happy to learn that you liked the services provided to you.

We thank you again for your review and look forward to welcome you back to La Pirogue in a very near future.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Pirogue at the end of September and had perfect weather to enjoy the beautiful beach, clear blue sea and picture perfect palm trees.
Accommodation is in little thatched cottages set amongst mature palm trees which means that this large resort never feels that big it busy.
We stayed on all inclusive basis which I would definitely recommend as drinks can be quite expensive. This also means you can enjoy all the other restaurants not just the main buffet. Seafood in all restaurants and the main buffet is fantastic!
Have a drink at the beach bar and enjoy sunset over the Indian ocean.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jenny S

Greetings from La Pirogue,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed mostly the beautiful beach, clear blue sea, restaurants and liked the palm trees of La Pirogue.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your recent holidays and we hope that La Pirogue will be again your first choice for your next holidays in Mauritius.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fabulous hotel with excellent facilities for all the family. Can also use the facilities in the Sugar Beach next door. Accommodation was of a high standard and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. The beach at Flic En Flac is in my opinion the best on the island. I would definitely recommend La Pirogue to friends and family and will visit again.

Room Tip: If you want a slightly bigger room then go for the superior but I was happy with the standard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Kavita H, E-Commerce at La Pirogue Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Greetings from La Pirogue,

We thank you for writing a review and also for recommending us on Trip Advisor. It gives us great pleasure to read that you liked the hotel’s services and facilities.

We will be happy to welcome you back in a near future.

Respectfully Yours