We have just come back from a 10 day trip to Mauritius! 2 days at The Sands Resort and Spa and the rest at La Pirogue. I must say that we are glad to have chosen to stay the longer period at La Pirogue. The staff should be commended for their friendliness and service! Special mention to the GM Mr Clency Romeo who was extremely kind and hospitable for our stay. We appreciated the daily treats and have bought back the wine to Oz to remember our trip! You are a great asset to the Resort! Will bring you a nice bottle of wine on our return! Also Mario at the beach bar was fantastic to us along with the rest of the staff at the Beach Bar, Coconut Bar and Blue Bar. I will definitely miss all the pinacolada's, mangocoladas, mojito's, the champers and my fav Phoenix fresh beer(the only beer I have ever liked in my life). Hubby will miss his Phoenix! I Definitely recommend the All Inclusive package, the selection of foods from; the buffet at Thatches to a la carte at Paul et Virginie, lunches at the Beach Bar to pizza's at the Coconut Cafe as well as a la carte from Sugar Beach restaurants Tides and Citronellas, is vast and we were very satisfied at every meal! Hubby especially was impressed by the food at Tides.
We went on a day trip to Casella national park where we walked with the lions and went quad biking. The hotel packed us a picnic basket for lunch (included in the all inclusive package) and I must admit the amount of food given could feed literally 4 or 5 people! Thank u
The entertainment was a bonus and made our nights quite lively. Thanks entertainment crew for your lovely colorfulness and energy, great to watch. The free water sport activities was great although we only did the pedal boats and canoe. Played mini golf and of course, the 6 tennis courts! A bit of advice if you want to play tennis - bring your own tennis balls as they don't provide this and have to buy it.
The Resort is absolutely beautiful, well maintained. We were impressed of the constant attention to detail put into the garden maintenance. Always something going into the lush green surroundings. The beach is stunning,
the hawkers are not pests and leave you alone if you say no.
The only thing I could say is that our room was a bit small, the superior rooms are much bigger which we will hopefully stay in next time. But this didn't bother as much as we were always out and about anyway.
I would also recommend if you want to get around the island to rent a car as the taxi prices are quite steep! But who needs to get out when all is here at La Pirogue.
Thank you again team at La Pirogue, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you! ---> Kristine & Garreth (Perth, Aus)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A celebrated hotel in Mauritius, La Pirogue Resort and Spa offers authentic and comfortable Mauritian bungalows nestled in the heart of the vast 14-hectare coconut plantation bordering the white sandy beach. The delightfully relaxed atmosphere as well as the generosity and attention of the staff have made the reputation of this warm and friendly hotel beyond compare. Beyond its heavenly setting with its extraordinary sunsets, La Pirogue offers a multitude of land and water activities to enable children and adults to enjoy their stay in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Pirogue Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pirogue Hotel Flic En Flac
- La Pirogue Hotel Wolmar
- La Pirogue Wolmar
- La Pirogue Mauritius
- La Pirogue Resort & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac