Me and my wife went for our honeymoon to Mauritius and just wanted to inform people of the positives and the negatives to the hotel.
Breakfast (we were on half board)
Beach wasnt great (sand had broken shells everywhere and although we could snorkel for free there was nothing but weeds to see and maybe 1 small fish in the whole area)
Restaurants didnt have air conditioning (this might just be a personal thing but when I eat I prefer to be at a comfortable temperature and not have to wear long pants for dinner in 30+ humid weather)
Distance to anything (there is probably nothing to do within walking distance to the hotel. You will either need to hire a car or grab a taxi/cab.)
Recommendations (For Mauritius in General not reflected on Hotel):
The only activity that me and my wife really enjoyed was the "walk with the Lions", Sub Scooter and probably just seeing the sites around Port Louis (as this is the capital it was just more of a tourist thing). The other attractions we went to werent presented the best and just seemed to lack anything that made us think "WOW".
Personally if I was to go back to Mauritius I think I would stay near Grand Bay as we did the Sub Scooter there and the beaches there seemed to be the beaches you would see in tropical posters (Crystal Blue Water and nice soft sand). I am not sure what hotels/accommodation there is there but we enjoyed the beaches there alot more then we did near Flic en Flac & Wolmer. There are alos signs of civilisation at Grand Bay and there are shops to visit within close proximity.
Also although the main language is supposedly english there are alot of people who cannot speak english at all and most speak Creole and French as their native language. Another thing to note is that there isnt much sense of a queue in Mauritius. I am not sure if that is a norm that we were just unaware of but queuing once in town is non existent. This is not a reflection on the hotel but just a general observation.
Overall it was a great honeymoon and a very enjoyable holiday but as stated above I would stay at Grand Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the delights of Mauritius at this luxury hotel, which spreads over 9 hectares of tropical garden on the west coast of the island. Most of our rooms and suites have been fully renovated in a modern Asian decor using natural materials. Rooms are equipped with broadband Internet access and the Sofitel MyBed for ultimate comfort. Pamper yourself at our Asian style spa, enjoy a day at the golden beach, or savour gourmet cuisine in our restaurant and we will make sure you relax in style! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Mauritius l`Imperial Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sofitel Imperial Hotel
- Accor Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Flic En Flac
- Wolmar Sofitel
- Sofitel Imperial Mauritius
- Sofitel Mauritius L'Imperial Resort & Spa Flic En Flac