We have just returned from an absolutely fabulous week in Mauritius staying at the gorgeous Sugar Beach Resort. From the moment we walked through the gorgeous arch of this resort we were made extremely welcome with all needs met. Our room was gorgeous, staying in a standard room, that had the best ocean views and sounds of waves crashing in to the shore. Our welcome to the room was met with a lovely tropical fruit platter on arrival. Our room was meticulously cleaned and tidied each day, with all hotel staff being courteous, polite and very welcoming. While there is much to do and see on this beautiful island, we felt so at home at the resort that we just wanted to relax by the poolside and enjoy some down time, with only a couple of activities that we planned to do. The weather was perfect with perhaps only a need for a shawl/wrap in the evenings due to the gorgeous ocean breezes. The Aura Spa provides a luxurious and calming moment to unwind, pamper and relax to also enjoy your holiday. We had a dream to be married in Mauritius, but due to the date we arrived and and were returning on, (must be in country for 3 business days) we decided to have a vow renewal ceremony to celebrate and renew our wedding from 2 weeks prior. A massive thank you to Christine Bellouard for making this dream come true :). All in all, a magical and memorable holiday was had, and would absolutely recommend this resort to anybody thinking of where to stay in Mauritius. As with all hotel resorts, the cocktails and lunches were a little more expensive than what there was probably out in the township of Flic-En-Flac, but due to the fact that our breakfasts and evening meals were already pre-paid, we didn't feel it was necessary to eat any further meals throughout the day. We are already planning our next holiday there! For further information regarding this referral, I can be contacted at:
Thank you agin Sugar Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of 12 acres of tropical gardens, the luxurious Sugar Beach Resort extends along a vast white sandy beach bordered by the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. An idyllic setting surrounded by lush greenery and open spaces, this cool Mauritian Resort displays a colonial style blended with contemporary architecture. The restaurants, beachfront and inventive gourmet kitchens complete this romantic setting which is ideal for a honeymoon or a dream wedding in tropical paradise. Sugar Beach also offers a unique concept with the Aura Spa & Hammam Fitness Centre, unique in Mauritius. The unrivalled comfort, well planned layout and diversity of land and water activities make this resort a perfect holiday destination for families and honeymooners alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Sugar Beach Mauritius
- Hotel Sugar Beach
- Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius
- Sugar Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Flic En Flac