We booked our trip at the very last minute (less than 12 hours before we flew) and we had already picked Sugar Beach because two people we know have stayed before.
It was everything we dreamed and hoped it would be. We arrived at around 11am (a bit early for check-in) but we were seated, given a welcome drink and informed that our room was ready within about two minutes of arrival - thank you Vedah for such a wonderful welcome.
Pretty much all the rooms are sea-facing, ours (752) also overlooked the quiet pool and was therefore away from the main reception and restaurants/tides bar for which we were very grateful. We had a standard room and we loved it - it was clean, comfortable and we didn't intend on spending a huge amount of time in there but it met all our needs.
We spent the majority of our days by the quiet pool and we never wanted for drinks - the service was wonderful.
We stayed on a half board basis and whilst we didn't spend more than the difference to go all inclusive, we would go all inclusive next time purely for the convenience.
We ate in the main buffet, tides and citronellas. We don't have any complaints about the food which all of a very good standard - we particularly loved Citronellas and wanted to spend our last evening there but our last evening was a Sunday and it was closed - must remember that for next time :) We had most of our lunches in Tides and the food was excellent, if a little overpriced.
We took advantage of the snorkelling and the pedaloes. The water was a bit shallow for the pedaloes but the snorkelling was out of this world - fish urchins and seahorses. For someone who had never snorkelled before I felt like I was in a disney movie.
Overall, we found Sugar Beach to be amazing. Everything about our experience was 5 star - the food, the room, the grounds and the staff. I wish I could remember the names of everyone who made the trip so memorable, but I can only remember Vedah and Olivier ( who were both sooooo lovely). We were planning our return before we had even checked out of the hotel (we are determined to go at the end of the year).
Would highly recommend this resort to anyone - we are a (fairly) young couple but found Sugar Beach suited everyone we spoke to - families and couples alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of 12 acres of tropical gardens, the luxurious Sugar Beach Resort extends along a vast white sandy beach bordered by the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. An idyllic setting surrounded by lush greenery and open spaces, this cool Mauritian Resort displays a colonial style blended with contemporary architecture. The restaurants, beachfront and inventive gourmet kitchens complete this romantic setting which is ideal for a honeymoon or a dream wedding in tropical paradise. Sugar Beach also offers a unique concept with the Aura Spa & Hammam Fitness Centre, unique in Mauritius. The unrivalled comfort, well planned layout and diversity of land and water activities make this resort a perfect holiday destination for families and honeymooners alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sugar Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hotel Sugar Beach
- Sugar Beach Resort Mauritius
- Sugar Beach Mauritius Flic En Flac