My stay at the Hilton had mixed feelings, on one hand there is an incredible infrastructure, many many activities that you can do for free (sea and inland), the staff is mostly kind and attentive, the rooms are very good, the location is great, the breakfast is quite good with a lot of variety, they were kind with the welcome gifts offered.
On the other side there were many flaws...
- internet in the room costs 100 euros per week and the computers that provide free internet access in the lobby are outdated with different incomprehensible software.
- One night they decided to organize a wedding party in front of the boat house (just 20 meters in front of my room) with disco and dance floor. Unlucky me that night stayed in and was trying to watch movie... the music was so loud that the chair in my room was vibrating.
- One morning we had to leave early so we tried to access the buffet breakfast 10 min before opening time, we were denied... everything was there, we just wanted to have a croissant and go. We were denied access and told to go to another restaurant (were we would have to order, wait and pay an additional fee).
- The quality of the meals (non breakfast) we had was quite variable... we had some great lunches and some poor one's (unacceptable if you consider the prices of meals in the hotel).
- The diving experienced provided by the centre present in the hotel was quite poor, definitely not a 5 star service.
In sum, it was a global nice stay, we enjoyed it, but given the price it was far from exceeding our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This five-star resort enjoys an exceptionally sunny position, located on the western coast. It stands on one of the island's most famous beaches, Flic en Flac. The warm and refined atmosphere of the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, characterised by a unique purity of line, has been built using a palette of forms and colours to evoke a contemporary Asian and Mauritian design in perfect harmony with its lush setting. This delicate atmosphere can also be found in the 193 rooms and suites laid out in series of low buildings, all of them facing out to the sea and the setting sun. The choice of restaurants includes La Pomme d'Amour with its range of local and international fare, Ginger Thai featuring authentic Thai cuisine. Hotel guests can as well enjoy lunch at Les Coquillages, the beach restaurant.Relax and unwind at The Spa Mauritius, inspired from the 4 sensorial elements - fire, water, air and earth. Guests can choose from a wide range of treatments to restore their natural equilibrium. Apart from the water sports and activities available at the hotel, guests have access to a 9-hole putting green, three tennis courts and a Kids Club, for children aged from 4 to 12, and run by a team of fully qualified professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mauritius Resort And Spa
- Hilton Mauritius Hotel Flic En Flac
- Hilton International Wolmar
- Hilton Wolmar
- Wolmar Hilton
- Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa Flic En Flac