TripAdvisor

Review of Marco Polo Resto

Marco Polo Resto
Ranked #31 of 94 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were wandering in Flic and Flac looking for a bite and saw the BBQ being cooked out in the street - looked great so we sat down. My partner ordered the lamb which came with garlic bread, chips and salad. For just 300 rupees he got three lamb steaks, and they came in the most delicious sticky BBQ sauce. I wasn’t very hungry and they were happy with me ordered just a side of fries (50 rupees). Beer was 100 rupees. Don’t go expecting a posh sit-down meal, it’s a basic set up but the food is worth it and the prices are more than fair. Very friendly service with a smile and we even got given a small appetiser on the house which was lovely.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed September 1, 2019

My friend and I arrived in Flic En Flac late on a Saturday night and were super hungry. Our AirBnb host directed us to Marco Polo. We were immediately greeted by staff with warm and welcoming hospitality. The food we had that night (I had chicken curry and my friend had fried rice) was exceptional and I immediately went from being hungry and cranky to being happy again. The food and service were so good that we returned the following night for their barbecue meal. All of the food was exceptional, but the barbecue chicken was the best I had ever eaten. In fact, it was so good we returned two more times (and were only in town for five nights total!) and even ordered extra food to take to the airport. The family that runs the restaurant made us feel welcomed and like we were part of the family. The prices are great too, which makes it even better! I hope to return to Flic En Flac someday and will likely eat at Marco Polo with just as much frequency. If I were a local, I would definitely be a regular customer!

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

The best food in the town the bbq, frite rice, briyani..... yummy at very good price. Staff very friendly and good service

1  Thank darshineer2019
Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is run by the sweetest and friendliest local family. We came across it by chance when we drove past and saw a line of locals waiting by the bbq for the dinners. Once we parked and got out of the car, we could smell the sweet meaty scent of the BBQ and we understood the attraction.

Pros
- amazingly priced, we paid less than 16
pounds for 3 meals
- popular with locals (they actually eat here)
- plenty of seating area
- delicious food - all meat is glazed with a delicious sweet sauce

Cons
- not a big deal, but expect a 20 min wait for your mains to be ready if u order the chicken bbq.

Tips
- for a starter we asked for their favourite non bbq dish - they recommended the special fried noodles. It was really tasty!

1  Thank clarebensadon
Reviewed July 21, 2019

Nice restaurant run by a lovely couple. . No food order is a bother to prepare for their customers. great food big serves and very tasty,Recoomend the bbq nights as well

1  Thank jacko911