Aanari Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Escale Vacances(Flic En Flac)
  • Beachfront
Manisa Hotel(Flic En Flac)
View Hotel
Anelia Resort & Spa(Flic En Flac)
View Hotel
Les 2 canons(Flic En Flac)
  • Pool
Gold Beach Resort(Flic En Flac)
  • Breakfast included
Villas Caroline(Flic En Flac)
  • Breakfast included
La Pirogue Mauritius(Flic En Flac)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Blue Shell Apartments(Flic En Flac)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub roomchinese buffetjacuzzi and saunasmall gymwestern coastbreakfast and dinnerpublic beachstar hotelspecial thanksbeach towelshoneymoon staybooked this hotelsmall hotelopposite the beachroom cleaningbig thanksvegetarian food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were there in a group of 6 from 27dec to Jan 3rd 2013 we had a great time, met awesome people , the staff were amazing especially Gael Person as he as he was always there too help us an also gave us the best advise on what to do, where to go and what too see, the other staff were also really good they all really made us feel really welcome, the experience was great cause of the staff if I ever make my way back to the Island I will be sure too call again and say hi to them all!!!!!!! THE NEW YEARS PARTY ROCKED,?,!!!!

Brent Mynhardt & Samantha Huggett

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brent M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have visited Mauritius three times in seven months and have always stayed at the Aanari Hotel and Spa for 3 simple reasons. The reception team are very friendly and helpful. The food is very good. The facilities, housekeeping and entertainment are excellent. Whether you are travelling to Mauritius for business or holiday book and stay at Aanari Hotel and your will not forget it. I have always enjoyed my stay at Aanari and I bet you will too. I will definitely be back soon.

Victor D

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

we were by mid-december 2012 to january 2013 first guest at the hotel aanari. We were greeted at the check in very friendly. after a few minutes wait, we were guided to our room, which we also liked very much. The food in the evenings was always in a different theme buffet, where there was something for everyone. Also the breakfast was never boring. the pool we have not used before. We can recommend the hotel at any time and also send many greetings to the team of aanari hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Overall satisfied with the service of the hotel, its my 3rd visit, for sure i will go back again.
The staff is helpfull like Avi, Hans, Gael and Yoann. We always feel at home when we are this hotel.
If you want to relax please try his hotel you will not regrets. Its a small hotel but its very nice believe me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David P
Reviewed January 2, 2013

At first glance on line it did not look bad, since my wife had an extremely difficult time finding a hotel. I guess that is what you get travelling over the New Year period. Upon check in we were
greeted by Eddy (wonderful man) and Avi, he too a great and helpful guy. Avi took us for a tour
of the hotel showing us the gym and pool areas. Thanks for the upgrade! Immediately, our desicion not to allow our kids to use the pool was evident. For starters, the pool is TINY and located on the first floor (what a waste of space downstairs). Secondly, one of the wooden steps leading to the pool was broken
in two and hanging, this was way to dangerous for our two kids to navigate. It also looked dirty, the very murky water confirmed this. So pool is out, no problem there is a beach steps away. Not exactly, the seaview they promise is really a police station view across a very busy street!
So, having the kids hang out by the pool, in order for my wife and I to relax is out, letting them have free and safe access to the beach is also out. O.k. I am still hanging on, now comes dinner.
Putting it simple like another reviewer mentioned, if you do not like Chinese or Indian and would like to shed a few kilos on your holiday this is the place for you!! The selection was somewhat repeated throughout our stay. Our package included the half board option, which we tried to get out of, but it was not possible. Breakfast consisted of frozen or canned food, fried circular fish cakes "cut in half", beans out of a can, mini frankfurters, eggs anyway you wanted (bonus) and fruit. There also was yoghurt, breads and some other odds and ends. Fruit seems to fall from the trees here and is delicious everywhere we had it, but at Aanari, I wonder why?
I am writing this at 9:30 p.m. after my last attempt to have dinner here (still have 3 nights here) and will be my last. The straw that broke the camel's back was a bottle of water I ordered and specifically requests twice for cold. The water came 10 minutes later with a warm bottle, after I again requested it cold (it is peak summer HOTseason for crying out loud) he said "the machine is not working so well. Mind you, the pool step has been busted and not fixed since our check in on the 30th it is now the 2nd, I also recieved the same temp water over New Year's Eve dinner. I am not a picky or naggy person, but it obvious management doesn't give much attention to maintenance to put it politely. This is what we saw, god knows what happens behind the walls!They will probably come back to me with some BS excuse, MATE there is no excuse!! What can the excuse be about a dangerous pool step?? Get the damn thing fixed, it would only take 5 minutes! If I knew where to get a plank of wood, I would have gifted it to them!
Oh by the way good luck with the wifi!! It never works in your room, I am sitting in the lobby writing this. I am lucky because the other guests have are not here so, I got a good seat. We have already decided to check out a day earliar and forfeit a very expensive 260 EURO night fee and book a yacht for a day and then checking into the Hilton nearby. Check this out, for 300 euro per night!! Booked it just today, what a bargain compared to this place.
I don't really like posting such a review, but I had to get it off my chest and I feel lighter already, "oh no", I feel lighter because I AM HUNGRY!!!!!
All in all the management needs to put some $ into the place. Initially, we thought this place is about 10 years old, but were informed it was only 4 years old. It is clear that not much money has been put into it. Very basic things need to be evaluted before making the decision to book this place. Spend a little more and find yourself a great place on the beach.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rico51
Aanari, Manager at Aanari Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

The guest and his family booked their stay from 30 Dec 2012 to 5 Jan 2013.

After a few days, the guest made a request to check out one day earlier as the family wanted to spend a night on a yacht but did not wish to pay the 100% cancellation fees as per the hotel’s policy. Management made a special effort by waiving 20% of the cancellation fees. The guest did not accept the offer and checked out as scheduled on the 5 Jan 2013.

Therefrom, the guest was annoyed and took a very negative attitude, and in his own words, to Management: ‘I would have been very happy if you had let me check out one day before without any costs’.

Our response to the guest’s comments:

Housekeeping was made aware of one broken wood on the pool stairs on 31st December 2012, and same was scheduled to be replaced on the 1st January 2013, but unfortunately it was not possible for the maintenance team to do so due to cyclonic conditions. Same was replaced as soon as weather permitted.

The pool water being dirty and murky on certain days during the stay was also due to cyclonic conditions on the island. Cyclone DUMILE was adversely influencing the weather from January 1 to January 4. Heavy gusts of winds and rain poured on the island during that period. The pool water thus became murky with the addition of lots of rain water, and dirty from heavy winds bringing in dirt therein. It is not appropriate and, above all, not cautious to clean the pool in cyclonic conditions.

It is not correct to state that apart from Chinese and Indian food, there is nothing else to eat. There is a daily theme buffet ranging from Italian to Mauritian and to the Chef’s buffet. The guest was in house on New Year’s eve, and the buffet was neither Chinese nor Indian.

As for breakfast, we provide a selection of fruits daily, namely: oranges, grape fruit, pineapples, watermelon, bananas, and others depending on availability.

The hotel has two distinct internet lines, one dedicated to the rooms and one to the lobby, restaurant and garden. It is a fact that during the stay of the guest, more specifically, between the 1st and 4th of January 2013, due to heavy winds and pouring rains and cyclonic conditions, internet connection was interrupted now and then. To state that WIFI never works in the rooms is highly exaggerated.