Let me say there are lots of good things to say about this hotel, the location virtually on the beach and the friendly staff are just two. The downside is the food is very avaerage and some of the rooms are in serious need of refurbishment.
Also, Flic En Flac is a little dissapointing, beautiful beach and clear blue sea, but not much else in truth. What restaurants there are, serve pretty basic stuff.
If you are considering Mauritius, I would spend the money and pick out a 5 star beach resort, where you stay on campus, and accept the fact that you will have a two week beach holiday with limited opportunities to get out and see stuff. That said, there are some brilliant boat trips which are well worth the effort! Dont forget to haggle!
Spoke to several tourists who had booked a 3 week trip and they all said it was too long because there wasn't enough to do.
Equally the twns in the "interior" are not worth the effort of getting there.
Watch out with the taxi's, they are expensive, although thet were very reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aanari Hotel & Spa is located on the west coast of the island, 50 km, (45 mins car drive), from Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, and 35 km, (30 mins car drive), from Port Louis, the Capital City. It is strategically located in the heart of Flic En Flac within walking distance of tourist attractions and services. Aanari awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Aanari Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aanari Hotel Flic En Flac
- Aanari Hotel And Spa
- Aanari Hotel & Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac