“always outstanding”

Citronella’s Cafe
Ranked #12 of 76 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located between Sugar Beach and La Pirogue resorts in Flic-en-Flac, Mauritius, the Citronella's Café proposes delights of the Mediterranean's sunny cuisines and traditional Italian dishes with a view on the Mauritian lagoon.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Ate here on several occasions and the food was always superb. very nice setting on the beach with a log fire burning.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

beautiful, relaxed and comfortable setting on the beach. the food and wine is amazing. the staff are really pleasant and provide a great service. the tiramisu was the best we have tasted. this restaurant is must visit in flic en flac.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had an evening meal at this lovely beach side restaurant whilst staying at Sugar beach hotel. The staff were very friendly and the service was really good . The food was lovely and there was plenty of it . We had a variety of breads and dips as an appetiser before our 3 Course meal i. chose a lamb shank for my main course with vegetables and mash potato it was all cooked to perfection . it was very much like a english roast dinner. The lemon tart desert was absolutely wonderful. We plan to go again a couple of times.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

A hidden Italian Jewel! We enjoyed this restaurant three times while on honeymoon. The service was really good and the food was delicious. Their seafood pasta served in foil was almost as good as the seafood pasta I ate in Sardinia. All their other dishes look great too. Small intimate restaurant that is a contrast to the larger restaurants on the resort.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I just had lunch at the gorgeous Citronella restuarant at the Sugar Beach Resort with my husband and the uber-charming Olivier Lagane, and can't remember when I last had such a wonderful time. Firstly the location, right on the white sandy beach shaded with swaying palm trees, was just perfect. My husband ordered a Napolitana pizza with a Phoenix beer, Olivier ordered pasta and I ordered a sirloin. This was all washed down with a bottle of Pearly Bay Cabernet Sauvignon 2011. My Sirloin was tender and cooked to perfection. I would have tried some of my husband's pizza but alas I wasn't quick enough. It was so delicious he wolfed it all down at lightning speed. Service was super efficient but discreet and we all had such a lovely time we could have sat there all afternoon. The tiramisu we ate for dessert was perfect and the espressos we ordered afetrwards were as delicious as anything you could find in Italy.
Sweet memories are made of this and we are already planning a return trip.