“Great setting, average experience ...”

Domaine Anna - Ile Maurice Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Anna's restaurant is bolted onto a hotel complex and its a rather large establishment. We visited at night and the setting is very nice (it's supposed to be even better in day when you get nice views of the bay). They have some rather large fishtanks which amuse the kids . It was very busy when we went as a wedding was on at the hotel and therefore service was fairly slow and mains came out a bit to staggered for my liking. My catch of the day had been grilled supposedly but I felt it had been fried , and fried so much it was dry and far to small, this was a massive disappointment especially at the high price I paid for this and other dishes. In saying that starters were very good and I would try here again all be it in the day when id get better service. The bill was higher than every other restaurant we've visited it and the quality didn't quiet match, overall rather disappointed so three stars is fair based on this particular experience, I think its probably better than what we had this night so give it a try. Also ring in advance to get best table .....

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I followed the signs to this giant restaurant. Staff was nice and the menu selection was pretty wide. I had th e mauritian steak and my wife the lobster.

Both of us enjoyed eating outside next to the pond full of fish. Like the rest of the island it is very pricey but better than the hotel restaurant.

I would go back again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for lunch an hired a taxi to take us there and back, came from the other side of the island, but the place was shot and we were not contacted with the information. If a restaurant wants to be considered highly it needs to take care of all the guests, not only those who will pay.
Friends of ours had booked on the same day and were equally disappointed.
The place is quite remote so it costs to get there and back and there are no alternatives nearby, totally spoiled our afternoon.

1  Thank Zaasia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were seated in the large semi-outdoor dining room. There are certainly more beautiful areas of the restaurant, but it was a nice enough setting. Our menu was limited to a prix-fixe as part of a company outing, but the chinese dishes we had were good. Could do without the blaring live 80's music from the 3 piece band on the small stage in the dining room. In fact, we were initially seated next to the stage and had to move, simply because it was too loud. We would have liked to return and have ordered from their main menu, but did not have an opportunity to.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The setting is picturesque, the staff are friendly, unfortunately the food is really average and comes at a hefty surcharge. Better food, cheaper is available just down the road in Flic en Flac. If you are going for the ambience and the wine then this is the place for you.