“Beautiful setting and fantastic food!”

Domaine Anna - Ile Maurice Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We booked this to make a change to our hotel buffet. We were blown away upon entering the restaurant, really beautiful place to dine. The food and cocktails were gorgeous (I had a crispy beef dish), would definitely visit again when we make it back to Mauritius!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,688)

Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant has probably got to be one of the most visually impressive restaurants I've ever been to. The grounds and the buildings are exotically fabulous with indoor and outdoor eating areas set in luxuriously exotic gardens - one section sits over man made fishponds full of Koi Carp. The service is calmly efficient and the ambience is one of quiet luxury. Thats where the good stuff stops. The whole reason for a restaurant to exist is to provide food and when the setting of the restaurant is as luxurious as this you would naturally expect the food to live up to the setting. Quite simply it does not! I have never tasted (although taste is probalby the wrong verb to use here) such tasteless food. Tha Camerons looked luscious but tasted vaguely of old newsprint. The scallops were grey and gelatinous.
Please Domain Anna, spend more care and attention on your food and less on the surroundings. You go to a restaurant to eat and enjoy food firstly and foremost. With food as atrocious as this you've failed at the first hurdle!!! Oh, and answer your phones!

1  Thank ChrispyWales
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have been to Domain Anna on several occasions in the past and the food has always been good.

However we took my brother and his wife for a goodbye meal on 1st March and the food was terrible except for one dish. My brother and his wife chose Camerons and I chose the Chef's special, Scallops. We have never tasted (if that is the right word!) such tasteless dishes. The camerons had no flavour whatsoever and the scallops (without the red roe) might as well have been bits of soft jelly. The only dish with any flavour was my wife's fish of the day. A complete waste of a lot of money in a delightful setting. GET YOUR INGREDIENTS RIGHT OR GO OUT OF BUSINESS - Domain Anna.

1  Thank davidebt
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Domaine Anna at our last evening of our holiday. It was the best cullinary experience in Mauritius. The place is literally HUUUGE, but the staff is so professionally trained, they simply managed to easily take care of more then 200 guests. Everyone in restaurant was very friendly and helpful. The place itself looks amazing, sometimes I got the feeling that I was eating in the jungle. Despite of large number of customers I never had the feeling of lost of privacy, which I highly appreciate.
The food is great, prices are affordable, so don't miss this special place.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I try to go there every time I am in Mauritius and it never fails to give me goose pimples as I sit at the sort of floating table with soft lights.The atmosphere is fantastic, soft lanterns and the sound of water. The food was very good and the portions generous. They have the best giant prawns ever and at the fraction of the price you would pay in a European restaurant. There is live music every Friday and Saturday night and it is a mixture of the local and pop music: very danceable.