“Return visit to the resturant , never again”

Domaine Anna - Ile Maurice Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my third and final visit to this resturant after two excellent visits on previous years both during the daytime. This last visit was made on a Friday evening around 8PM. The service was very poor. We were given a drinks menu and ordered from this and i ordered a bottle of Perrier water which was sparkling. However every time I had drunk some it was topped up by the waiter without asking which is rude as I wanted to finish the first glass and then keep the rest for when the main course arrived. When ordering from the menu , i chose 'SIZZLING CHICKEN' as this was one dish I had enjoyed before. I was asked what rice i wanted with this and just like in previous visits I asked for Vegetable Rice which is fried rice with vegetables but no PRAWNS. The waiter who took the order confirmed both dishes , but failed to point out that rice with any of the main dishes adds to the bill, it is not even on the menu as an item but was subsequently charged as the waiter told us as a main meal. The disasters started to follow each other , firstly the rice as ordered came out with PRAWNS which are not a vegetable however because we had ordered plain rice as well i compromised as my wife and her brother swapped with me. My main course arrived and part of it plated up again with a waiter confirming it was SIZZLING CHICKEN. It did seem strange as it was not sizzling as it used to do on the previous visits, however it was chicken and it was in a similar sauce as before and I thought perhaps that they no longer served it on hot metal skillets that gave it the sizzle. However after finishing the one spoonful they plated up a waiter appeared at the serving station near to us with a sizzling plate, I immediately summoned the waiter who had taken our order and he confirmed that I had previously been served with the wrong dish.
I was the only one of the three of us that ordered a chicken dish so it was not a mistake of two of our dishes being mixed up. Finally we asked for the bill and there at the end was the cost for the rice dishes. The non-vegetable vegetable rice was nearly the same price as the sizzling chicken which it total nearly doubled the price you was expecting to pay. There was no real apology for all these mistakes or an offer to reduce the bill. We just paid up and left without leaving a tip , vowing never to visit them again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,780)

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

The food is good and you may want to come here to get away from the hotel buffet. Full of local people which is always a good sign! Camerons (crayfish) were a treat and the spring rolls. Best to take a taxi as it is on a dirt track road from the main road not sign posted or well lite.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

the selection of fresh fish is ok, but my favorite aspect is really the surrounding. basic service but great bands, great areas over water that make you feel at peace. The place to go with friends.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hands down the best restaurant we tried on the island. Great food, good variety, great service and nice location. Definitely a must!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Has anyone been to a Chinese restaurant which runs out of Noodles!! The ambiance no doubt is great but what disappointed me most when the waiter said they have run out of noodles that too after half an hour of placing the order!! Strange Indeed!