“Great escape....”

Pearle Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Flic En Flac

I recently stayed at The Pearl Beach Hotel. July 2013

It was the first time I had traveled alone on a package holiday. I chose the deal as there were no single supplements and I was able to juggle the number of nights/departure date/flight to get the right price for me.

The Pearl Beach has 72 rooms, large and spacious,mostly sea facing, same interiors. It was very comfortable, very clean and servicing was good.

The staff were excellent from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. They are all happy in their work and it showed. They were both friendly and professional. Made me feel very welcome.

I made many acquaintances as the hotel is not too large, this made it for me as I didn't feel like a lone traveler amongst the hundreds.The entertainment every night was about right, varied and covered all likes!...i was on the dance floor with friendly faces most nights!

Food was good, enough variation fro me, how ever I did hear other people wishing there was more on the menu. If you like curried food, salads and plenty of deserts then you will be happy.
Cocktails and all inclusive drinks were readily available and the bar/restaurant staff really looked after me.

The beach is a short walk from the hotel , as is the beach bar ...beach was very clean and the water sports integral to the hotel were very active and welcoming putting on free introductory sessions to wet your appetite. Also th holiday rep trips are great. So plenty to keep ypu busy.

Flic en flac, the local shopping area is walking distance, and shops across the road from the hotel were useful...

I would definitely recommend giving this hotel a go if you are considering traveling alone. I felt safe and was really sad to leave...

i am considering going back with friends for a low cost beautiful holiday...made more special by the lovely staff. :)

Room Tip: Ask for a sea facing room....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lovely lady C
There are newer reviews for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Myself, wife and children (19 and 15) shared two rooms and we stayed on all-inclusive for 14 nights. Considerably cheaper than some of the large impersonal hotels on the island, but with a great location directly on the beach. The staff make this hotel, always smiling and willing to chat. Both my wife and son had birthdays whilst we were staying and the hotel made them special with a surprise presentation in the evening. A good choice of food, with themed nights every night, which were very well presented. All-inclusive drinks included beer, wine (white, red and rose) and some rum based cocktails, local spirits and the usual selection of soft drinks. We travelled in July / August. Weather was pleasant most of the time. Any rain was generally light and short lived, although some days had quite a bit of cloud. Temperatures were generally mid to high 20's, which was a comfortable heat. The west coast, where this hotel is located, is the warmest spot in the Mauritius winter. We travelled to the East coast and this was very windy. The sea was a little cold, but certainly much warmer than the English Channel! The hotel pool is unheated and felt colder than the sea. The hotel was very clean and rooms were spacious and most had vies of the Indian Ocean. Nice walks in either direction along the beach. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are thinking of visiting Mauritius.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank yeo_man2
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently travelled to Mauritius with a party of 8. The accommodation was excellent, with the friendly staff making the stay so worthwhile. The entertainment at the resort kept the kids and adults entertained for hours on end. The food is generous, but seems repetitive by day 4 of your 7 day stay. The beach is typical Mauritian beauty, with great seafood at every corner of the town. There is a nearby town, Quarterbone, that is a bus drive away, and offers you an experience of local shopping away from the busy tourist hotspots like Port Louis.

I love the location, accommodation and service. Its a place I will visit again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel staff are attentive and friendly. The room was on the second floor and had a view of the ocean and reef. My business commitments meant that I was only at the hotel for the evening, leaving in the morning for the office and so I had half board at the hotel. The food was varied and very good. It was certainly not difficult to make choices and to enjoy the bar and evening sunsets. Dinner followed specific culinary themes, so if you were there longer than a week this could be a disadvantage. The Indian night was a good one. I would certainly go back to the hotel if I were to go to Mauritius again.

Room Tip: I guess it depends whether you like sunrise or sunset. It looked as if all rooms had a view of the o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank royparrott
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Everything regarding this resort is excellent...its location, its staff...

Only food is a big area of concern especially for Indians. Hence if you can manage your food somehow then this is the only place you go to in Mauritius.

Ajit Singh

Stay from 18th to 24 July 13.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank JITU222
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel isn't a very appropriate for a family stay, especially not with young children. There isn't much to do as many of the activities mentioned on their website isn't available and others are below par.

We didn't ask, but there wasn't any sign of the horse riding, water skiing, big game fishing, French bowling or darts mentioned on the hotel's website. The room in which the billiard/pool table was located is too small for normal play. As a consequence, only the front part of the stick can be used. This cannot be called real pool playing.

The fitness centre is quite small and mostly consists of cardio equipment. There is only two machines for weight lifting, the rest are treadmills, bicycles, etc.

The table tennis table is located on the dance floor, inside the dining room. The ball is often very difficult to retrieve. The staff kindly helped us to set up the table.

We went on the boat trip that is advertised by a lady each morning to you whilst having breakfast. The trip includes swimming with dolphins, having a barbecued lunch on Ile le Benitiers (a small island), looking at the coral island and snorkelling on the way back.

The dolphin swimming part is a bit of a rip off, since one can never quite reach the fast swimming dolphins, although I have to say that seeing them underwater is an experience! Ile le Benitiers is even more of a rip off, since the island itself is nothing special. It is just a fern forest which is quite polluted by the tourist activities. The tide was very low when we arrived there. As a result, out whole party had to walk about 500m in shallow water to the island. We weren't informed of this beforehand, even though the skippers know the tides very well!

There are locals selling bracelets, clothing, musical instruments, etc. The food was plenty, but not very tasty. The coral island is interesting to see, but the boat didn't stop in order for us to snorkel there. It did however stop for us to snorkel at a very nice reef, boasting loads of beautiful fish.

The hotel's food was very delicious indeed! Especially the crepes and chocolate sauce in the morning.

The waiting staff were friendly.

The entertainment was some nights good and others, bad. The DJ himself sang often and then often quite false. The sega dancing was an experience. The dancers were professional and friendly after the show when they invited guests to dance with them. We enjoyed dancing night when the DJ played songs for the whole family to dance to!

I didn't like the hotel's rooms. We were three people and thus chose a triple room. The third bed was on a semi couch in the centre of the room. There wasn't enough space for all of our belongings. The bathroom is separated only by semi transparent blinds. This is very inconvenient when the three people don't like seeing each other naked. We had to hang sarongs and towels in front of the shower and blinds.

The bathroom and room has no window and the extractor in the bathroom didn't seem to work. There were however an air conditioner in the room, but it wasn't able to go higher than a certain temperature which was too cold for us. The room easily became stuffy and sometimes smelly, which made us keep the front door open almost always.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SuperDelena
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I have just returned having spent 2 glorious weeks here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel. Fabulous location right on the beach - comfortable spacious rooms, everywhere spotlessly clean, attentive friendly staff, and plenty to choose from on the menu. This was our second holiday to Mauritius - last time we stayed in a huge hotel on the south coast where it was very impersonal......and windy. This smaller hotel on the West side of the island is for me, a far better choice and substantially cheaper than some of the big hotels jam packed with holiday makers,here at least you had space, privacy and just a short stroll to Flic en Flac or you could lash out and pay 80p and take the bus to Port Louis or Grand Baie. Value for money - definitely!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple