OMG - what a little gem!
The rooms were bright and modern and ours was always kept immaculate - thank you Kishan. His towel art was fabulous. We chose a standard room and asked that we could have an upstairs room away from the entrance with a sea view. Our request was met to the letter. We couldn't have asked for more. We felt that the upstairs rooms are preferable to those on the lower level, having a balcony, and tending to be quieter - but all the rooms were good.
The staff were always friendly and the service was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble. Any complaints (we found nothing to complain about) were resolved more than satisfactorily
The food (although all buffets) was very good. Every evening there was a theme (Mauritian, Chinese, Italian etc.) so you could always end up with a decent meal instead of a mishmash which can so often be the case with buffets. The buffet lunches were very good and always included pasta and pizzas, and if you were on the beach at lunchtime, pizzas would be brought across from the Hotel. The buffet breakfasts were also very good and a toaster that actually works quickly for once.
I would recommend the all inclusive otenik option which covered drinks in the mini bar, tea and coffee in your room (not otherwise included and quite expensive - £1 a cup) plus selected drinks and cocktails at the bar and on the beach, an excursion to Ile Aux Cerfs and a picnic lunch if you are unable to partake of the buffet lunch at anytime. Oh, and the savoury snacks at 4 in the afternoon were to die for. Remember to pack roomy clothes to travel home in!
The all inclusive option was extremely well organised. The bar list and the mini bar list showed a double asterisk against all those items that were included and you are also entitled to the items with a single asterisk which is the Emeraude inclusive which is a lesser package but not for those who like to raid the mini bar or like tea/coffee in the room. How many times on an all inclusive have you worried that something you have ordered is not included? It is just not possible here.
The hotel is not on the beach but is just a stroll across the road and there are a good number of sun umbrellas and sun beds for guests.
I'm not sure why this is just a 3 star hotel, but I gather they are trying for a 4 star. The only reason might be that the property is small and, although there were few children when we first arrived, there are no areas where you can escape them - I suppose the beach. It wasn't too much of an issue as most families took excursions but it would be nice to have a quiet area in the evening as the children were allowed in the bar and some children stayed up very late. That is the only downside to this hotel and perhaps the fact that, due to currents, there was no swim areas immediately in front of the area with the sun umbrellas. There was a roped off area further along though.The beach, however, unlike the West and North coasts, is lovely and quiet.
There is a dive organisation at the hotel, which we used. Again very friendly staff and thank you Chris for carrying my equipment for me. Just be warned, however, that the Dive Organisation do not have the facilities for credit or debit cards, so take Mauritian Rupees or the hotel can change travellers cheques. There is an ATM in Belle Mare, I believe, which is an easy walk.
All in all, a brilliant hotel and a wonderful stay. Watch out for one of the waiters (nicknamed 'little dodo') who helped to make our holiday and also Sarita in the Restaurant who always had the most amazing smile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emeraude Beach Attitude faces one of the island's most beautiful beaches, Belle Mare beach, with its kilometres of white sand, turquoise and emerald lagoon running along the east coast. Holidays are spent swimming and diving in a turquoise sea, without forgetting the magic of the glass bottom boat trips. To that genuinely Mauritian seaside holiday experience, the two bonuses offered are the beach attendance with Coco and his typically Mauritian beach cart, and the serenity of the Spa Attitude.Wood, stone and thatch are widely used in decoration and architecture. Built in the middle of a lush green garden, the four room bungalows totaling 61 rooms are decorated with refined taste and creativity. Of small capacity, friendly and charming, this 3 star hotel, together with its family members with their typical Mauritian expertise, reminds one of the old days' gentle way of life. Its innovative package "Emeraude Plus" is ideal to enjoy unrestrainedly, as a couple or a family, a seaside holiday in such an exclusive spot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emeraude Beach Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Mauritius/Belle Mare