Date of stay: 05/01/2013 – 18/01/2013.
This was one of the best holidays I have had. I usually stay in 5* hotels and due to budget travelling just after Christmas, we decided to try a cheaper hotel. I was slightly worried at first but this hotel was brilliant. I would definitely go back to Mauritius and stay in this hotel again.
Upon arrival we were given a refreshing drink and taken direct to our room. They would not let us carry our bags with was great.
When we got there our air con wasn’t working, however we reported it to reception and within 30 minutes it had been fixed.
The hotel has 2 nice pools and just across the road is a lovely beach. Snorkelling there is brilliant, however pack sea shoes as there is lots of coral with urchins! Coco who does the beach service is very friendly and eve gave us a guide book to borrow.
The complimentary glass bottom boat ride was also brilliant, worth doing!
The room was nice…. They cleaned it every day and it was spotless. However my only criticism was that they would take the towels in the morning when they cleaned the room but then did not deliver new towels until later on in the afternoon. On one occasion we came back from the beach and had a shower before lunch, only to come out the shower and have no towels at all. Luckily we had bought a towel with us.
Resturant: The restaurant was lovely… Jimmy and the lady who works in the morning was very helpful and polite. The food was good and there was a good selection. The staff kept the buffet topped up 90% of the time so there was always plenty of food available. On a few occasions the food was not to my partners liking (due to the fact he is a fussy eater rather than the quality of the food) so the staff went out of their way to accommodate and would make him an alternative. If there is something you do not like or something you want, all you have to do is ask and the staff are more than happy to accommodate. On one occasion my partner didn’t have much on his plate and the manager asked if everything was ok, to which my partner replied there wasn’t anything he fancied, they then insisted of making him something else which was brilliant. I have been to several 5* hotels that aren’t anywhere near as prepared to help you enjoy your stay as this hotel is.
Package: The all-inclusive PREMIEM package is a must as it includes all your cocktails and wine. We booked all inclusive believing all drinks and food would be included only to get there to find all that was included was soft drinks and draught beer. There was the option of upgrading but as we had already budgeted for the holiday, we weren’t prepared to pay the extra to upgrade. Disappointing. However I believe this was more the travel provider and Kuoni’s error as we should have been told this when we booked.
Spa: We had two couples massages during our stay. Both were very relaxing. Staff were friendly and the welcome and spa were very nice.
Nicholas the entertainment manager is brilliant. He is willing to go out of his way to help you in any way he can. Nicolas frequently came over every few hours to see how we were and if we needed anything.
Entertainment: The entertainment was good. Nicholas has evening entertainment plus things during the day such as quizzes, water polo, a guided walk to the local town, a cycle ride, learning creole etc. We even did yoga on the beach! However my only criticism would be that they should alternate the entertainment so it is repeated every 2 weeks rather than every week. As we stayed for 2 weeks we saw the each of the evenings entertainment twice. On one of their nights there was a local band called Rebelution who were BRILLIANT! I even bought their CD.
Excursions: While you are there I would recommend taking advantage of some of the various excursions. We went rock climbing at Albion lighthouse, walking with Lions, Quad Biking and a rando fun day (a day of zip wiring). All were brilliant but walking with Lions and Quad Biking were both amazing experiences.
The staff were all incredibly friendly and willing to go out of their way to help you. Everyone said hello whenever they saw you and the managers were all very attentive. We saw a ceremony where they cut the top of a champagne bottle using a sabre…. My partner was given the chance to do this which was a great privilege. The manager even went to the extra effort to get him a certificate which was a lovely touch and very appreciated.
I definitely will be going back to this hotel in the future. I have been all over the world and this is the first time I left a destination and will really miss the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emeraude Beach Attitude faces one of the island's most beautiful beaches, Belle Mare beach, with its kilometres of white sand, turquoise and emerald lagoon running along the east coast. Holidays are spent swimming and diving in a turquoise sea, without forgetting the magic of the glass bottom boat trips. To that genuinely Mauritian seaside holiday experience, the two bonuses offered are the beach attendance with Coco and his typically Mauritian beach cart, and the serenity of the Spa Attitude.Wood, stone and thatch are widely used in decoration and architecture. Built in the middle of a lush green garden, the four room bungalows totaling 61 rooms are decorated with refined taste and creativity. Of small capacity, friendly and charming, this 3 star hotel, together with its family members with their typical Mauritian expertise, reminds one of the old days' gentle way of life. Its innovative package "Emeraude Plus" is ideal to enjoy unrestrainedly, as a couple or a family, a seaside holiday in such an exclusive spot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Emeraude Beach Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Mauritius/Belle Mare