On our arrival at the Emeraude Beach Attitude we were welcomed with a refreshing drink of iced tea. This was very welcome as we had flown for what seemed like a decade along with a transfer in Dubai. While sitting in the very comfortable wicker chairs one of the managers Ravi introduced himself and said if you encounter any problems speak to him.
Once checked and everything explained we were shown to our room and much needed bed. The room was a standard double. We were quickly shown how to operate the safe and the helpful baggage man was on his way (sorry I can't remember your name). The room was small but clean and modern. The shower was excellent and the separate toilet a good idea. There was a TV but no English channels apart from night time when a DVD is streamed through, sometimes even this can be in French. Who needs TV anyway especially on this beautiful island. The rooms were always cleaned and made up everyday to a very high standard. We always got lovely flowers left on the side and even on one occasion a towel folded as a dog. Very clever well done cleaners your the best we have ever had.
After a little bit of sleep because we were excited about finally getting here we went for lunch. We were shown to a table and our glasses were filled with water. We then had to go and check out the wonderful selection of food. Please note if there is nothing you fancy or your just a funny eater ask a waiter or chef and they will always cook you something you do like. Most nights for dinner you get a themed night. Great idea as you get Chinese, Indian, and Mauritius food. Our favourite was Chinese. All the staff go to great efforts with dressing up in costumes for that particular night and work hard with decorating the restaurant. Excellent service from the chef's and the waiters. A big well done.
The bar area, another excellent spot to relax and unwind with one of Samys special cocktails. Being at this hotel for 21 years Samy knows his stuff. If you find the cocktails on the menu boring like I did ask Samy and he will make you something much better. I feel that Samy is let down by the management. He needs to be able to make his own cocktail menu and be promoted to bar manager with a pay rise. Come on management this guy has looked after you for 21 years and does an excellent job. Thanks Samy.
The beach was also amazing with Coco down there to assist with drinks and any problems. You normally get escorted across the small quiet road before getting harassed by Taxi drivers wanting to take your on a special trip for a very special price. Once passed the Taxi drivers you are welcomed to gorgeous Belle Mare beach. We went on the hotels glass bottom boat which was amazing the captain takes you up to the reef and explains everything well. He also had bread for the fish which he had to donate some to another glass bottomed boat trip from a 5* hotel. Just goes to show that 5* isn't everything.
On our last full day we were lucky enough to encounter and get involved in a large scale Hindu festival. Thanks to Coco for letting us know. Coco also took those of us that wanted to know more to the different areas of the beach where it was all happening. Being an amateur photographer I was able to take some great snaps of the local people dressed up and happy about their religious festival causing such publicity. This was possiblly the best day we had and totally unexpected. Thanks Coco for your guided tour and excellent answers to some difficult questions.
The little things we didn't enjoy about this hotel was the loud music going on until quite late some nights. As our room sat not so far from the bar and entertainment area there wasn't much we could do but move rooms. The next day we spoke with our Kuoni rep and got moved. Only to the next block though. We accepted the room and gave it a go to see if it would make a difference. Only slightly though. We could have asked to move again but couldn't be bothered to pack our belongings up again. This is our only gripe about the Emeraude. If they could work out how to keep the sound inside it would be great. No fault of the hotel was a group of noisey inconsiderate Brits who went on until late drinking and laughing and screaming like hyenas. If I wanted to go to a safari I would have done. Another thing was the sunbed mafia getting up at 6 leaving their towels on the sunbeds. If it wasn't for my wife telling me not to your towels would have been rather wet when you finally got up to sun your sexy
Above all a splendid hotel and a big thanks to all the staff. Management need to let your team know they are doing a fantastic job and give them plenty of praise. The staff are what people like me see. They are making your hotel what it is and need to be thanked and appreciated. Please take on board these comments They can only make your hotel even better. Many thanks to everyone at the Emeraude I hope to see you all soon one day so I can enjoy one of Samys special cocktails. From Ben and Joanne x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Emeraude Beach Attitude faces one of the island's most beautiful beaches, Belle Mare beach, with its kilometres of white sand, turquoise and emerald lagoon running along the east coast. Holidays are spent swimming and diving in a turquoise sea, without forgetting the magic of the glass bottom boat trips. To that genuinely Mauritian seaside holiday experience, the two bonuses offered are the beach attendance with Coco and his typically Mauritian beach cart, and the serenity of the Spa Attitude.Wood, stone and thatch are widely used in decoration and architecture. Built in the middle of a lush green garden, the four room bungalows totaling 61 rooms are decorated with refined taste and creativity. Of small capacity, friendly and charming, this 3 star hotel, together with its family members with their typical Mauritian expertise, reminds one of the old days' gentle way of life. Its innovative package "Emeraude Plus" is ideal to enjoy unrestrainedly, as a couple or a family, a seaside holiday in such an exclusive spot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emeraude Beach Attitude reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Hotel Belle Mare
- Emeraude Beach Attitude Mauritius/Belle Mare