Emeraude Beach Attitude
$178
$354
$310
Hotels.com
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$289
$281
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
$240
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$296
$287
$462
$211
Priceline
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$129
$122
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
1,628 results
All reviewssmall roadcrossing the roadstar hotelglass bottom boatfree tripsmall hotelall inclusive packagethree startowel animalsstar servicespa staffgames roomtwo weeksaux cerfgrilled fishtea coffeethe hotel manager
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have just come back from this Hotel and my advice is don't stay at this Hotel if you like the basic things in life like Hot coffee, clean restaurant and good hygene because you won't find it here.
The food is not good, and dangerous at times, food should be served hot, it is not and then you get the same food at the next meal. Cold food is luke warm.
All inclusive is not what it says it is, before 11am you have to pay for a juice. Beach was fine you do need sand shoes.
Room was not clean, but what you had was ok but found bugs in the room.
Got out as fast as we could and went to another Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JMckenzie001
hotels_attitude, General Manager at Emeraude Beach Attitude, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very interested by and do take notice of the reviews posted on Trip Advisor.

We were surprised and disappointed when we read your comment.

We would nevertheless like to bring some precisions to enhance the understanding of our readers.

Upon arrival you specifically informed the Management Team that you would be cleaning your room yourselves and would not be requiring any housekeeping services.
It is only on the fourth day of your stay that you requested the services of the housekeeping staff and it is only then that they could get access to your room.

Mauritius being a tropical island with a humid and warm climate, insects could be seen even though our premises are constantly treated by qualified pest control companies.

Moreover, you were allocated a special table for your breakfast. The F&B Manager and the Chef have been proposing tailor made menus to suit your requests. You have not refrained enthusiasm to thank them upon departure.

We also attended to your demand to change hotels and you were happy to move to one of our sister hotels.

Kind regards,
Ashok Mooroteea

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had an excellent time. The staff were sooooo friendly and helpful.
Our room was just what we needed - spacious, bright, clean, quiet air conditioning, shower with plenty of hot water. Despite being close to the road the traffic noise was minimal when we wanted to sleep.
There was a lack of sunbeds but towards the end of our stay more where brought out to the beach and the fact that the beach was across the road wasn't a problem at all. We enjoyed trips out to snorkel from the glass bottomed boat and also snorkelling from the beach was interesting - if you enjoy snorkelling consider taking your own mask and snorkel.
The restaurant and bar staff were attentive and if you asked would go out of their way to help. There was always something that we liked at meal times and if there wasn't then you only had to ask to be offered something else.
We did 3 days of diving (6 dives) and found the dive staff really helpful - they went out of their way to take us to places that they thought that we would enjoy - if you do the Canyon make sure it's on a calm day! The equipment was of a very good standard compared to many other countries that we have been to.
We also did the Lion walk which although a little surreal was a once in a life time experience and we would recommend it. (book a 9am walk to avoid the heat and the crowds!)
The tea plantation tour was interesting and fun but don't expect there to be a proper tasting session - it was just trying the different tea bags. The lunch at the Vanilla farm was lovely.
We visited the west coast which was very commercial with opportunities to eat at different restaurants and "go out" at night but if you want a quiet, relaxing holiday we think this hotel would be ideal.
Great hotel, staff and location - highly recommended.

8  Thank UnA-productions
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from Emeraude Hotel where we stayed for 2 weeks from 12th March. This was our honeymoon and we really wanted somewhere special, and that's definitely what we got. I emailed the hotel before our visit to let them know we wanted a quiet room as it was our honeymoon, and upon arrival they had done as requested. Good start! Then things just got better and better...the rooms are lovely, very clean and well equipped. They are set in stunning grounds. The pools were perfect, with plenty of sun loungers. The staff are all brilliant, such lovely people. Everyone was so helpful and couldn't do enough to make us happy and relaxed.The bar was ideal, with great service from Samy. The restaurant was stunning and so much thought had gone into it's setup. Jimy and Sarita were fab, so efficient and friendly.The food was great, and if there wasn't anything you fancied they'd happily make you something else...no problem! Ravi who manages it was an absolute star and made us feel like royalty...thank you soooo much!!! The manager is a lovely man who obviously runs this hotel incredibly well. For those people who are concerned about the beach being across the road, don't be. It's literally a 2 minute walk and a security guard is always on hand to watch the traffic for you. I've been to tropical countries around the world in many 4 and 5 star hotels and I can safely say without any doubt that this is one of the best. It is definitely more like a 4 or 5 star rather than 3 star. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a personal feel to their holiday which is also excellent value for money...we'll be going back for sure. Thank you to all the wonderful staff, you're all brilliant!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road
12  Thank SamTJ1972
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I have mixed feelings about this hotel as they got off to a very bad start but got better as the holiday went on.
My wife and I booked a ten day all inclusive package with Thomson Tailormade and upgraded to a superior room (with balcony on request)
After a long journey from Glasgow via Dubai we arrived to a friendly welcome with cool drinks and wet towels which was perfect as it was 30 degc and very humid, we were also told that our room would be ready in twenty mins, great we thought as it was only 11.30 am.
The problems started when we were asked to sign a piece of paper which was the acceptence for the "Emeraude all inclusive" which is an inferior package from the "All inclusive package". When I showed the check in person my holiday voucher which I printed out from Thomson which clearly stated " All inclusive" he still insisted that I only had the hotels own package, after a bit of heated debate I asked to see the manager who also took the same stance and would not back down. I then asked him to phone Thomson's 24hr helpline so he went away for ten mins to his office then came back to say that he could not get a reply! By this time we were getting really hacked off and decided to get shown our room and we would take it up with Thomson when we got home.
When we were shown our room our hearts sank to see this dingy room on the ground floor (see photos) which was supposed to be a superior room. We had booked a superior room with a requested balcony. When we said this to the manager he said that was impossible as all the superior rooms were on the ground floor with little courtyards looking out to the main pathway through the hotel complex and only the standard rooms had a balcony! bizzare, apparently they are superior rooms because they are slightly larger and have DVD players!!
I said to the hotel manager that I was very angry and would be putting a review on trip adviser when I got home...thats when things started to improve. There was one standard room left which had a balcony with partial sea view which was perfect so he said if we took this one and waivered the downgrade he would give is the All inclusive package which we were supposed to have, things were finally looking up but were made to feel as he was doing us a favour for something that we had already paid for.
The hotel is located on a very nice beach but the main coastal road runs right past the front door of the hotel (see video) which is between the hotel and the beach. To be honest I new about this road after reading previous reviews but never expected it to be so busy, you can hear the traffic from anywhere in the hotel which I did not expect.
The beach is nice but as per previous reviews have stated there are only twelve parasoles with two beds on each and as there are over forty rooms in the hotel, you have get up early and BAG a sunbed with your hotel towels if you want to spend the day on the beach. I went down one day at 11 am and every one of the beds had towels on them but nobody on the beds!(see video) so we just sat under the trees at the back of the beach which was okay as we managed to get a couple of soft mats to sit our towels on.
The food...well to be honest we thought it was fine, there were some issues with the meat quality but if you were not happy the food manager Ravi would bend over backwards to make you something that you liked even if it was steak and chips so there was always something that you liked if you made the effort.
The staff at the hotel are all wonderfull always smiling and helpful especially the barmen Sami and Alvin, the restaurant staff are also fantastic, really made the holiday.
The entertainment was pretty good most nights, with a general knowledge quiz a couple of nights and singers/dancers/discos etc thoughout the holiday.
All in all this hotel is good value for money but our holiday would have been much more enjoyable had we not had all the hassle at the start, I still don't know why it happened I have been in touch with Thomson but may have to wait up to 28 days for someone from customer services to reply to my e mail to find out whoose fault it was for the mix ups so make sure you have all your paperwork with you when you go.

Room Tip: Standard rooms have a balcony, superior rooms have a courtyard
7  Thank BJPDunfermline
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week at the end of February and were pleasantly suprised. check in was quick considering I requested a room a bit further away from the pool / bar area than the one they originally allocated us. They done this quite happily.
The room was clean and a good size, it also had a good shower.
Where this hotel really excells is the staff. All are friendly and helpful. If there is something that you want they will do their best to accomodate you.
Although you have to cross the road outside the hotel entrance to reach the beach, its well worth the thirty odd metres walk when you get there. As other people have said, there are too few loungers for the size hotel but if you like a walk along the beach you can go for about a mile or so up and down the shoreline.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would be happy to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple