Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$442
$272
  • Breakfast included
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$498
$322
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
$472
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)
$195
$138
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
3,989 results
All reviewsdeer hunterblue pennyla citronelleprestige roomcrystal packagegolf courses arelinks coursevilla masterlegend golfgreat golfdeerhunter restaurantgolf staffsohan singhplay golfhalf boardprince mauriceour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I stayed at the Belle Mare Plage Resort for 9 nights in July (from 2/7/2009 to 11/7/2009), then I moved to the sister hotel Le Prince Maurice for next 5 nights.

Before my trip I had emailed to the resort and request a 1st floor room, as close to the beach and pool as possible, which exactly what I got. I also let them know that it is my birthday trip. On my birthday I received from the management delicious birthday cake. It was really very nice!

LOCATION
The Belle Mare Plage Hotel is located at the east side of the Mauritius.
ROOM
My Junior Suite #116 was huge with big balcony. Impeccably clean and spacious.
I had no issues with housekeeping.
BEACH
I spent all my time at the beach. The beach was one of the nicest I've seen at any hotels and resorts. The sand was like powder and the water was crystal clear and warm. It was nice to take long walks along the beach.
POOL
I didn't spend time at the pool, because I prefer beach. There is a wonderful breeze. But I must say that swimming pools in the hotel were very nice.
GROUNDS
The area of the hotel was very impressive and beautiful - very well maintained.
FOOD
I can honestly say that I did not have a bad meal during my stay. Everything I had was excellent and very delicious. The daily buffet for breakfast and dinner at the Citronnelle Restaurant was so goog and wide variety.
ENTERTAINMENT
The entertainment at night wasn't bad at all. My favourite was Sega Dance Show.
SPORT
Hotel offered daily snorkeling trip, glass bottom boat trip and of course golf - Legend and Links Golf Course.
EXCURSIONS
I went on some excursions around the beautiful island. I visited Pamplemousses Botanical Garden, Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, the Seven Coloured Earths of Chamarel and Casela Nature Park with its beautiful animals.

All in all, this was a great place to go. It was one of the nicest, most luxurious resorts I've stayed at. The hotel staff was very friendly, anticipated my every need.
I will certainly go back again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank darek_p
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed at Belle Mare Hotel for 7 nights in august! We were very lucky as we had nice weather almost all days we were there! the ones we had some clouds we took a car we rent with Gerard Monet with a very good value (25€ per day everything included) and we visited some nice spots in the island.

The Hotel is located at the east side and i read in many reviews that it was a very windy side, the truth is that we had a strong wind just one day and at noon it was completly over! For us it wasn't a problem at all plus after visit the west coast if one day i come back definetly i would like to go to the east, less touristic, more wild, and real mauritius! The north-west coast is really prepared for tourists, shops, restaurants, everything expensive...
Constance Belle Mare is a very beautiful Hotel, once we entered at the lobby we realized the hotel was a good choice! We got married in march so the honeymoon package was available for us (it's valid after 9months after the wedding) so well, we were upgraded from a Prestige room we had booked to a Deluxe Suite of 95 square meters. The Suite was huge with a big balcony facing the beach, so you can imagine how relaxing it was to fall asleep with the sound of the waves...just amazing! The furniture probably is a bit old and a refurbishment would be great! I heard the Junior Suites are completely refurnished. We were so happy with that room and we can't complain at all.
The first night we got a white wine bottle in the room and the bath was full of foam and flowers...very nice!

The food is very goodm for breakfast you have lots of choices...so you never get bored. For dinner there is a mediterranean part with pasta and pizza, an asian part that every night is changing (one day thai, another japanese...), then a Mauritian part, saladas part, grilled side...and a delicious side of desserts...

Drinks are not included, expect to pay almost 3 € for a bottle of water but its quite big and in any european city it's more expensive. A beer can cost a bit more...of course the drinks are not cheap but not very expensive...Wine is quite expensive and one night we had dinner at the Sipaggia we paid almost 45€ for a bottle of white wine from south africa and it was one of the cheapest.

For lunch you can eat next to the pool, they have salads, sushis, pizzas, sandwichs...expect to pay 40€ for 2 sandwiches and 2 cokes. The sushi and the mozzarella salad are extremely good!

The buffet dinner is in Citronelle but you can go to Deer Hunter with the Half Board, they have an special menu for guests with HF, for me the buffet was better but its nice to taste something different!!

We had a honeymoon dinner at Spiaggia restaurant and it was amazing, very good seafood risotto! Extremely recommend to have dinner once there!

You have some free activities at the hotel like water skii (try it at teh first days as it's not easy, once or twice per day will make you water skii very well), kayak, pedalos, catamaran, windsurf, snorkeling...then you can pay 20€ for parasailing, we did it and i really recommend it! while you are basking at the sunshine you will have many people asking you for tours or other sports like parasailing!!

The service is very good, lots of people helping you, we just had a complain to the management because we missed money from our wallet...one day i realized that but i thought that maybe i was wrong, but second time i knew it for sure so i complained...they aplogised lots but i expected something more from a 5 start hotel. Anyway i can't say that was a bad experience because money must be in the security box or inside a suitecase with a lock and i had it inside my handbag on my bed and i know it can happen i all hotels of the world, next time will be more aware.

I had a good deal with belle mare hotel thru seychelles-mauritius website, around 125€ per night for a double with HF!!

We visited Port Louis (go to the market and then to Caudan, there is no other interesting places), Pampelmousse (take the private guide for 2€), grand baie that for me didn't have any interest! Mont Choisy and Troux au Biches are nice but Belle Mare Plage is more beautiful!! Also visited Ille aux Cerfs and it was very beautiful, turqoise water, really nice to see!!

In Belle Mare town there some shops selling brands but they are much more expensive than in Port Louis, they sell you quicksilver shirts for 25€ when in the official shop of quicksilver in Caudan Shopping mall will be 16€...the same with Tommy Hilfiger and other Brands...plus i though some were fake, so be aware.

2  Thank Lorelaina
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We went with a group of 20 for my daughters wedding, although she and her fiancée stayed at Le Touessrok about 6 miles away. August is winter in Mauritius and the weather was changeable. From scorching sun, to heavy rain and some fairly strong wind. Overall it was more sun than rain and it didn't spoil our holiday. We had a beach front, ground level Prestige room. We loved it, the open hatch to the bathroom, the doors which opened to the sea, literally a stones throw away. The room was clean and comfortable, though it’s a good job we weren’t there for TV, it wasn’t that good and the picture quality was sometimes terrible. Our maid Karona left flowers on our bed every day, a nice touch, although some of our party didn't receive any.

The food was amazing, from lovely pan fried roasts, to sushi and the sweets were amazing, with a choice to suit almost everyone. Snacks and drinks outside your half board allowance were expensive. The place where we had a few cold beers in the day was the Indigo beach bar, most pleasant, much nicer than La Kaze. Try the Blue Marlin, a local lager, I’m not a lager drinker, but it was very drinkable. I didn’t usually have lunch because the breakfasts were excellent and so filling, though some of our group did snack and it was quite expensive..

The staff were mostly excellent and very courteous, although a couple of the waiters were pretty useless, we had to ask them several times for things like spoons or tea etc, though they were very quick to take you drinks order. Some of the staff however were outstanding, and went above and beyond to help you. I must give a very special thanks to Preety on the reception desk, she was extremely helpful and went out of her way to fulfil any requests. I’ve also heard from my friend that a masseuse named Lina was excellent, and expertly soothed away all his aches and pains.
I did find the cocktails a tad expensive, they were a bit hit and miss, a Strawberry Daiquiri tasted pretty disgusting in the main cocktail bar, although the happy hour 2 for 1 compensated a bit. We found the cocktails were better at the La Spiaggia and we even negotiated a deal for coming back for the next few nights. Their Grasshopper’s really were very acceptable and went down well.
I’m not a golfer, but if you are, there are 2 golf courses, the Links and the Legend and a golfer tells me they are special.
There are quite a lot of free things to do, learning water skiing, pedal boats, glass bottom boat and one of the golf courses.
Did we love the place, yes it was amazing. Would we go back, probably not, there are just too many other places in the world to visit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We as a rule do not return to previous holiday destinations mainly there are so many new countries and therefore experiences to savour and equally because we do not want to tarnish our previous memories. The BMP is an exception and we will return in the next 2-3 years. We stayed in a Junior Suite Beachfront and it was absolutely superb. The food in the Citronelle was exceptional in both quality, variety and freshness with various cooking stations catering for your want and need. All the Restaurants produced food of the highest quality which if served in the UK would burn a serious hole in any pocket. We didn't find the drinks expensive considering where we were (2.80 for 330ml is hardly extortionate) and during happy hour 7.00 - 8.30pm drinks and certain coctails were 2 for 1. If you going session you are clearly going to the wrong place! The golf course were of also of the highest standard and free, so if you are golfers what more could you ask for? The beach was fantastic and there always plenty of sun-beds and attentive staff. The weather in August can be iffy. The first week was a little cloudy and windy but we certainly had enough sun. The second week we had largely cloudless skies with temperatures approahing the 30's. To guarantee the weather next time I would probably go in November. A final sober point was the absence of any overweight people of the older generation wearing football shirts far too small for their frame! Surely, this is worth the few extra pennies on a beer!

7  Thank Ian_MacDonald
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I enjoy this trip with my wife in this wonderful place.