““Great Ambience...Great Food...”” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Ahmedabad, India
““Great Ambience...Great Food...””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I visited here for my honeymoon, & was delighted to see the ambiance, the food quality & variety, special mention of the Indian chef here: Mr. Sohan Singh, who is expert in indian cuisine, staff here is very polite & helpful, rooms are beautiful & spacious & well maintained.
Resort provides state of the art facilities such as water sports, Spa, Golf course & theme restaurants.

Room Tip: always ground floor....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Constance Belle Mare Plage and for the time that you have afforded to write a review of your recent stay at our resort.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your holidays and that all the facilities and services were to your convenience.

Thank you for your appreciation of the quality of food and also for Chef Sohan Singh who is a real passionate and devotes his time to please all our guests with his tantalizing cuisine.

The team joins me to congratulate you again for your honeymoon and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

Warm regards

Gert Puchtler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was our 4th time in the hotel, and during previous years we have always been positively surprised by the facility, staff, service, location and everything and it has felt like 5star+ experience. Now, we stayed 4 days during our wedding trip and were unfortunately partly disappointed. The hotel did not notice our wedding/honeymoon at all, room was just renovated with tacky taste & smell of algy in the bathroom (and, cockroaches...), staff was good but lots of newcomers who were missing exceptional service attitude and skills. We had a good experience, though, but closer to a plain-vanilla 4-star than anything else as we cannot recall any instance we would have been positively surprised, or that our expectations would have been exceeded. We travelled with 4 children/teenagers and had 2 standard rooms. Thanks for the long-term staff who saved our visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Helsinkifoodies
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip advisor about your experience following your stay at our resort.

I am indeed disheartened to read that there are a number of issues you would have preferred to happen the right way. I would like to sincere apologize if this stay was not totally to your expectations.

Please rest assured that l have taken all the issues that you have mentioned with my management team who have already taken the necessary corrective measures.

I would very much like to alter what has happened but I am confident that you would give us the opportunity and honor to amend your perception of how we treat our customers.

Thank you for your very good rating, I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I am writing this review 11 months after our stay. I am trying to keep it objective but I have to admit that having spent 10 days at this property of which 6 were spent in torrential rains didn't help us coming away with the best impressions.
The good things are the wonderful location and pristine beach, the immaculate grounds and generally the sense one feels lucky to be in such a wonderful part of the world.
The not so good things... problems with hot and water cold in our bathroom, returning to the room from the beach and finding that there is no water at all in the bathroom but we haven't been advised of this, many visits from the maintenance people trying to resolve the issue. The very limited number of restaurant choices despite the fact that the hotel advertises itself as having more, the fact of the matter is only a couple are open at lunch and a couple are open for dinner. Having being hit by the torrential rains for a number of days we also realised that the hotel could offer covered seating for a small number of guests..... so we were turned away from the only restaurant which was open and serving food. The fact that the tennis centre clearly offered and advertised a discount if guests were taking up to a certain number of lessons, at the time of paying the bill nobody seemed aware of such offer. The mouse/rat going around tables in one of the only two restaurants open for dinner and the near lack of apologies from the restaurant manager (the presence of the mouse/rat was probably caused once again by the insane amount of rain). All of the above was taken into consideration by the resort manager who kindly offered us an upgrade or a choice to move to a different hotel. The offer was generous and did make up partly for all the negatives but it didn't leave us with a desire to return to this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank EvaCJ
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to write about your personal experience on Trip Advisor after following your stay at our resort.

I am glad to read that after so many days and months, the Constance Belle Mare Plage is still in your memories. I am very sorry that the climatic condition at that time has partly spoiled your holidays. Please rest assured that if we could have control over that part of nature, sincerely we would have changed it.

Thank you for your appreciation of the location, beach and the cleanliness of the environment. Reading your review I note with concern that somehow, there has been a succession of disappointment and I am extremely sorry that this stay was not to your expectations. However, I am glad that you have appreciated our gesture of upgrading your comfort whilst you were still at the resort.

Unfortunately we cannot alter what has already happened but for sure if you have thought of us after 11 months, it means that there is an impression of 'to be continued...', which somehow translates your wish to come back.

I welcome this idea and invite you to contact us when you decide to come back and definitely my team and I would wish to amend and improve your perception of a stay at our resort.

I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you on a next trip to this wonderful part of the world.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

After a long 12 hour flight it was as though we ( family of 5) had just arrived in paradise. We had 2 beachfront suites with interconnecting door. View across the Indian Ocean was to die for. The rooms are very spacious and kept spotless by staff. Food in main restaurant was very good. We tried all the restaurants over our 2 week break and our favourite was The Blue Penny Cafe (fine dining).
Booked Vicky boat tour and had a great day swimming and diving at waterfalls, barbecue on the beach, dolphin watching and snorkelling on the reef.
Our 3 boys loved every minute of the holiday and did not want to come home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark C
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Constance Belle Mare Plage for your holidays.

I am delighted to read that you have made the right choice for your family holidays and that you were able to enjoy to the maximum.

Your appreciation and satisfaction have sincerely given a sense of purpose to all those doing something for the pleasure of our visitors and I am also proud to be part of this team.

I will certainly not miss to congratulate all the team members whose devotion have contributed in one way or the other to the successful of your family holidays and all the team members will keep on memories the pleasure they had to be at your service.

I trust to have the honor of welcoming you again.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were two couples hoping to ejoy our first visit to Mauritius. We looked at and studied the options and read the Trip Advisor reports. We thought we had done the best job possible to make sure we chose somewhere that we might like. We arrived at the Resort at 9am after a pleasant 80 minute Taxi ride from the New Airport. A lady in an orange dress greeted us and explained everything to us then showed us our rooms, this was the start of what was to be our new caring and relaxed world. Our rooms 102/105 were lovely, clean large and close to the main Restaurant, Reception and Pool serving our group of rooms. We were maybe 40mtrs from the warm Sea, they were at floor level so no climbing stairs to get to your room. It is called a Resort which as far as we could see meant you didnt really need to go anywhere else most things were there and if you really wanted the price you paid originally need not increase by that much.. The Resort itself we were told could take up to 600 guests, in our case we were never crowded or saw that many people, they did tell us February/March are the rainy months, there was a shower some days but it was warm rain and didnt last that long. The beach beds were never more than half full, you almost got a prize if you saw more than 6 people in our swimming pool. There are roads to serve all the rooms which are set in very pretty thatched buildings in almost seperate areas with your own pool and stretch of beach very cleverly designed. To make things even better passenger buggies were going around all the time offering lifts to where ever you wish to go. The girls took advantage of some wonderful massages and hair dos while the boys couldnt stop talking about playing at the two beautiful Golf Courses, these were only a short buggy ride away. We did leave the resort to go to swim with Dolphins, that probably wont happen as you expect unless you can swim at 40 knots, but the 6hrs spent on the Boat with food and drink provided, together with a snorkerling stop, ticked all our boxes. We were rcommended to take a Taxi to show us the things you should see on the Island, that was also a success. A trip to the reef in a glass bottomed Boat was interesting as well as being slightly exciting in a less than smooth sea. The 6 Restaurants were all good (We liked the Italian one the best) but you do pay for your food at them other than the buffet one, which is included in your price, there is roughly a £12 per head allowance off the bill if you are a resort resident We have been to a lot of different places but no where has been any better as an overall package, it has been said many times the staff can make your holiday they certainly did what lovely people nothig too much troble and what a wonderful holiday, you dont even have to ask if we would go back !!!

Room Tip: We chose the ground floor this means you can walk out of your front door straight to the Pool and Be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John B
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read in detail your personal experience at our resort which reminds me of the poem written by William Wordsworth, ‘The Daffodils’.

Unlike the critics who say that a poet is not in need for external stimulus to write a poem, I can sincerely say that the memories here are remarkable and cannot be the fruit of the imagination but only from experience.

Thank you for the time that you have taken to transport all our viewers to the world of Constance Hotels and more specifically the Constance Belle Mare Plage. I cannot thank you enough for this.

I trust to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the resort. My team and will keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

Warm regards

Quatre Bornes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went for a relaxing weekend and it's was a nice experience. Hotel is clean, beautiful, we have opportunity to play in several pools especially for the children. Variety of foods available during breakfast & dinner. It's a very relaxing place to be for honeymoon couple and family.. Value for money hotel

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have children. Best will be sea view or pool view. otherwise if privacy garden v...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to write a review of your experience following your family week-end stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I am particularly glad that you have enjoyed the convenience of all our facilities which are as you have mentioned meant for the well-being of our guests.

I would like to thank you also for your appreciation and recommendation. It was a pleasure to be at your service.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon for yet another great moments.

Pontypool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great location, great service, great food, great golf what more can you want or say.
I have stayed here 4 years in a row and it has been brilliant every time.
The gym and spa are also excellant.
When on the beach it is well worth trying the fresh pineapple from the local sellers.
Water skiing is also free and they are very helpfull and patient if you are a novice.
Try the golf club for lunch even if your not a golfer and you may be able to see the wild deer that roam frely on the course.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. The mini suites are fantastic
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank your loyalty to Mauritius and to Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It gives me much pleasure to read that our all facilities and services are still to your holiday convenience and that year on year you are able to experience much more all the diverse activities on the resort.

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post this review on trip advisor and also for your high recommendation to golfers and non-golfers.

The team and I will keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

I trust to be honored with the pleasure of welcoming you on your fifth trip to Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
LUX* Grand Gaube
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,236 reviews
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!