“A truly unforgettable experience”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed February 4, 2014

A trip that will be remembered for a long long time. Being a frequent traveler and someone from the Travel Industry I am constantly looking for the WOW factor which I found here. Right from check in till check out there was never a time we had to ask for something twice. The surroundings were tranquil and the night entertainment just right - the singers surely had their pulse on the public.
I would undoubtedly recommend this hotel to stay on atleast during one visit to Mauritius and am sure you will return back there.

Room Tip: If with kids ask for a ground floor room/suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for the time that you have spared out of your busy schedule to share your experience of our resort with other travelers on Trip advisor.

I am particularly delighted to read how much in a very short stay, the Constance Belle Mare Plage ambiance as a whole has captured your attention and I am proud that my team has contributed to create that effect.

This is the kind of emotional bond that at Constance Belle Mare Plage we like to treasure with our customers and we cannot thank you enough for the trust that you have placed in our establishment. Your satisfaction is our greatest reward.

I would like to thank you also for the excellent appraisal and for highly recommending our resort.

I trust to have the honor of welcoming you and your family on a next trip to Mauritius. I will keep on memories the pleasure we all had to be at your service.

Gert Puchtler

Write a ReviewReviews (3,833)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

we have had an excellent holiday in mauritius with a excellent service in the villa with our two most important person atma and sharma who was over our expectation...
the surrounding around the villa was wonderful and most important we had a dinner in the villa with bbq and our personal chef in the villa
the service of our villa masters was simply awesome

everything was perfect but just like the trip advisor you should place something in in the chinese web so that it can be much easier for us to share our feeling much more easier through.

we surely would like to be BACK NEXT TIME and for sure we will introduce the resort to our friends,,
keep it up great villa team

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

I on behalf of the villa team, I would like to thank you for the time that you have taken to write on trip advisor about your experience of the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

From your post, I understand that you have enjoyed our villa concept. First of its kind in Mauritius, the villa is Indeed ideal for families who would like to combine both the luxury of being in a resort environment as well as enjoying the serenity of being at home away from home and the elegance of having a personalized villa master to take care of all the personal needs.

With regards to the possibility of writing in Chinese language, I would like to advise you that Trip Advisor offers the possibility of writing in your own language too. Besides there is the possibility to write in 12 languages, especially as you say to share much more your feelings which I invite you to do so.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation of the service provided by Atma and Sharma. You satisfaction is their greatest reward. I will not miss to thank them for having taken good care of you and your family.

I thank you also for your excellent appraisal and for highly recommending our resort to your friends.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at Constance Belle Mare Plage on your next trip to Mauritius.

Warm regards

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed here for 16days and it was our first visit. The resort achieves a
very high standard. A variety of restaurants, incomparable service and always with a smile, generous rooms, a private and beautiful location with space and access to water sports, gym, spa and two golf courses. The value for money is exceptional.

It is also notable for the number of people that we met who have been coming here for a number of years who enjoy the environment and the excellent staff, the cleanliness and the top quality organisation. Nothing is too much trouble.

There are a number of restaurants. We particularly liked La Spiaggia, an Italian restaurant. La Citronelle is the general restaurant for breakfast and dinner. There are a wide variety of foods and a number of dishes are cooked on your personal order in front of you. Whilst generally of a high standard,beware the beef brisket, some of the salads if you are late to the
restaurant and at breakfast the scrambled eggs were less than the desired
quality. The fresh fruit ( mango and papaya in particular) were delicious.
Here also organise your drinks early ( as they take a long time to arrive) and assume that the staff have limited knowledge of wines.

The Deer Hunter restaurant is in a pleasant location at the Legends Golf course. There are four courses with two choices of main. We felt that three courses with slightly more choice would have been more appropriate. However, it is a different offering from La C.
We went to the Blue Penny once. The food and wine was first class but it is very formal and almost austere with limited atmosphere.

The pool and beach areas are kept immaculately. The golf courses are challenging and at Legends it is advisable to take some anti-fly/ mosquito
protection. We preferred the Links course. The service by the staff at both courses was truly excellent. I have never experienced better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

I want to send my heartfelt thanks to you for having taken the time to post a review on trip advisor about your stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

It gives me much pleasure to read your comments and I would like to thank you for being our ambassador and also for featuring all necessary elements to motivate the travelers to make their mind before coming to our resort.

Your extensive description of the resort facilities and services is amazing and travelers will surely make good use of your advice.

I have well noted your suggestion with regards to the choice of dinner main course at the Deer Hunter and will pass this on to the Chef who I am sure will wort it out for the pleasure of all our guests.

I trust to have the pleasure of welcoming you for yet other great moments.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Just some pro's and cons

pro's
• Good specious and clean room (suite) with a walk in closet
• Nice and helpful staff
• Beautifully designed and kept gardens!
• Quality of food is excellent with sufficient choice
• Enough chairs on the beach and near the swimming pools
• The majority of the guests (95%) comply with the request not to reserve chairs on the beach
• Although I do not play golf, the golf course is breathtaking
• Hop on golfcarts to take you to your room, or one of the restaurants

Cons
• Turn down service not up to standard, they showed up on the 5th! night of our stay and was irregular during the rest of our stay
• If you keep the keycard next to the telephone/iPad it is deactivated
• Stray dogs on the property
• When having dinner in La Citronnelle be sure not to be seated in the aisle, dinner at this restaurant can be a little bit hectic and not very romantic
• the service regarding the celebration of our wedding anniversary was a little bit sloppy, not on the day itself but later during our stay

Observation
Do not expect off beach snorkling
Even with the glass bottom boat there is not much to see, compared to other locations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JosephineNetherlands
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor about your Mauritian trip to Constance Belle Mare Plage.

Staying at Constance Belle Mare Plage can only be to their advantage in many ways and obviously only those who have made the experience that can tell how it is. Travelers know also that they will not only benefit from what you have appreciated but also from what you would have liked to be otherwise.

At Constance Belle Mare Plage, our aim is to continuously improve our facilities and services and our guests’ suggestions are critical for us to achieve our objectives.

We cannot thank you enough for your fantastic appraisal and for recommending our resort. We trust to have the honor to welcome you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Both my wife and I play golf and wanted to play somewhere warm in the winter, and were first looking at America (but parking and dining seemed to be extras)! But we were pointed in the direction of Mauritius (which we hadn't considered) for this special birthday occasion. The Constance Belle Mare Plage was amazing, with (it seems) every apartment overlooking a pool and/or beach and the ocean. The people couldn't do enough for you, and both golf courses (and the staff) were superb. Some of the restaurants were very expensive if you went that way, and the supplement just about covered the starter. So we stayed mostly with the buffet which was amazing food (different themes every night) and the service really excellent. If you play golf it is amazing. If you don't play golf and just want to relax, it's also amazing. With wi fi in the room, plus coffee/tea, fridge, water supplied every day it was home from home. But with a few added bonuses! There was always someone on hand to help you in any direction...

Room Tip: I think I would try and opt for a room on the ground floor (with a terrace) to enjoy just a quick st...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jack H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Mauritius and Constance Belle Mare Plage for your golf holidays. It is indeed the best place for golf in the southern hemisphere.

It gives me much pleasure to read that our facilities and services were to your holiday convenience and that you have enjoyed every minute.

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to post this review on trip advisor and also for your appreciation of the little touch coming from the staff.

The team and I will keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

I trust to be honored with the pleasure of welcoming you on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We, a family of 5 with kids of age 11, 15, 17, had a great stay at the Belle Mare Plage. We can highly recommend it to people who play golf, tennis and like water sports, but works also very well for the ones who prefer just hanging out by pool side. We were half boarders, most people seemed to be that too. The breakfast had all anyone could ask for and the buffets in the evenings were also very good. Every other day they had a theme (Italian, Asian, Indian, Creole), but there were always a base with standard dishes and salads and desserts. It took a week before anyone of us felt we might want something else than the buffet. The golf restaurant offered an alternative with one fish and one meat dish every day. There were also some other a la carte restaurants but they came with a pretty heavy supplement if you chose to eat there. No possibility to swap dinner for lunch either.
We stayed in two Prestige rooms. If you ask for it you can get connected ones. They were pretty spacious with big bathrooms and balcony. Nice and clean (in fact we had very service minded cleaner!). Beds a bit on the hard side as usual…We had rooms on the second floor and next time I would ask for a room on first floor with a small patio (there were rooms on ground floor with balcony next to the pool too). The prestige rooms were close to the tennis court and the kid’s area. The junior suites, which were a bit bigger with seating for four on the balconies/patios were on the other side of the main building and were a bit closer to the spa/gym and the Legend golf course. The villas were very close to the golf course, but quite far away from the reception. There was a shuttle service operating that side of the main building.
Belle Mare Plage is great for golfers. Two nice golf courses included in the price, two driving ranges and a small practice area (could have wished a bigger one). Since we had some rain we sometimes couldn’t use golf carts. And occasionally play was very slow. We found that playing 9 holes starting 4pm usually worked well. How heavily it is booked in the mornings we can’t tell. We rented ladies golf clubs at one occasion and they were of good quality, but bring your own if you want to play a lot. We played a lot of tennis too. The tennis courts (4 of a good standard) were free to use but you had to book more than 24 hrs before to get a booking before dinner time. And the rental rackets were not good at all. A pity, you expect more from a place like this.
Some water sports were also included. The kids, and even I, learnt to water ski. We went on a nice snorkeling tour of about an hour to a reef just outside the neighboring beach Long Beach. We also went on a tour to Blue Bay Marine Park but the corals and fish were only slightly more interesting than the one around the corner. I might review that tour too.
We had a bit of bad luck with the weather. The day at our arrival a cyclone warning of level 2 was announced and the day after it was raining all day. It never really stabilized after that. Not sure though that it is ever stable during the summer season. It was warm though and we didn’t suffer too much of the short showers.
In general the staff was very friendly and service minded. A few things failed (especially I feel I have to mention the early morning transfer to the airport when a 5+2 seater showed up with very little space for luggage) and that little extra you can get on other top class resorts like Four Seasons is missing makes me not to go all in for a full score top review.

Room Tip: ask for a room on first floor with a small patio (there were rooms on ground floor with balcony next...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CeaseTheDay

Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for sparing the time to share on Trip Advisor your experience of Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I would like to also thank you for having chosen our resort for your holidays. I am highly impressed with the description that you have made of the resort and also about how much memories you have brought back home with you.

The travelers will not only benefit from the facilities and services which were to your holiday
convenience but also from those that you would have wished to be different as they know that we will work on these.

At Constance Belle Mare Plage, we are committed towards continuous improvement and the points that you have highlighted will certainly be taken into consideration for the well-being of our guests.

The team joins me to thank you for highly recommending our resort and for your excellent appraisal though we will have to work hard to get the full score review.

I trust to have the honor of welcoming you at our resort on a next trip to Mauritius.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Returned on the 14th December having spent 2 weeks at the Belle Mar Plage I have to say that this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.
However we have one huge complaint and that is that during our 2nd week the hotel hosted a golf tournament which meant that both golf courses were closed for most of the time. We had not been made aware of this when booking the holiday. This was the fault of the hotel and not the agent we used. We complained to the hotel on departure who tried to blame our agents. We explained that there were a large number of guests using various agents who had not been informed.
The hotel said that golf had been available on one of the course after 4.30pm. We had tried this on the Tuesday but having arrived early only to find that we were put out after a large party and bearing in mind that it goes dark at 6.30 unless you are first on the tee you will not be able to play the full 9 holes.
We found out later that to be out first you need ti give the starter a huge tip.
All of this was pointed out to the hotel who agreed with our complaint gave us a complimentary lunch before we left and said they would investigate our issues and respond.
Since our return inspite of several attempts by our travel agents we have not had any positive response.
We would recommend the hotel which is fantastic but if you are going for the golf then avoid the beginning of December

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glynn M

Dear Guest,

It gives me much pleasure to read your comments and I would like to thank you for being our ambassador I am sorry to learn that this is still an open issue but would be pleased to close it if you do not mind to ask you travel agent to contact my Quality Manager who will be pleased respond to them. His email address is qualityamgr@bellemareplagehotel.com.

It is indeed very kind of you to help travelers with holiday golf tips, however, they know also that they will benefit not only benefit from what you would have liked to be otherwise, what you have appreciated also.

We cannot thank you enough for your appraisal and for recommending our resort. We trust to have the honor to welcome you again on a next trip to Mauritius.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
33 mi away
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!