Constance Belle Mare Plage
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Constance Prince Maurice(Pointe de Flacq)
View Hotel
Jalsa Beach Hotel and Spa(Poste Lafayette)
  • Breakfast included
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
3,990 results
All reviewsdeer hunterblue pennyla citronelleprestige roomcrystal packagegolf courses arelinks coursevilla masterlegend golfgreat golfdeerhunter restaurantgolf staffsohan singhplay golfhalf boardprince mauriceour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and i have just returned from ten nights stay at the Le Plage, from the moment we walked through the hotel it took our breath away....it's absolutely stunning and in an amazing and picturesque location...with beautiful, magnificent scenery and white soft sandy beach. We stayed in a junior sea facing suite..the room had lovely decor and was very spacious with exquisite views from the balcony overlooking the coconut trees and the sea...the hotel has fantastic facilities...and above all a dedicated team of staff...whose primary aim is to provide excellent customer service. We have visited lot of places and stayed in great hotels....but have never come across such amazing staff with such committment...thank you to all for making our stay so enjoyable and comfortable.

We would like to express our SPECIAL THANK YOU to Asha and Rajiv from the spa who made us so welcome and made sure that every time we visited the spa the facilities were extremely clean and presentable and making sure we were provided with all the necessaries.....offered us complimentary treatments....thank you for listening to us and taking our comments on board.

We found the drinks at the bar overpriced but this did not hinder us from enjoying the live entertainment...the bar staff always made sure we were sitting in a comfortable place...thanks to all the young men.

The food at the buffet restuarant was top class and fantastically managed...my only criticism would be...the lack of more themed nights....sea food night..would be amazing. We are hoping when we return again next year...this would have been incorporated. It would be unfair not to mention Sheena who made the best tea in the world and Shaib who went out of his way to ensure we were seated where we had the best view.

We don't really know how to express our gratitude to Alexandre (executive chef) who was so instrumental in making our stay so comfortable...he found out that we were unhappy about an incident...he personally came to our table to enquire and reassured us that as a gesture of goodwill he will do something as he did not want us to be disappointed because we were on vacation to celebrate our 25 wedding anniversary.....we thought no more of this and then we received an invite to a special evening to celebrate our 25 anniversary...Alexandre came to meet us in reception and accompanied us for our celebration....OMG....the dinner for us was on the beach under a marquee with beautiful setting...flowers...champagne...special chef and full waiter service....the food was exceptional....thank you to Calvin the most amazing chef and Julien and Dinesh for providing excellent service despite the wind and rain. We simply can not find words to express our heartfelt gratitude to Alexandre Giraud...THANK YOU...FOR EVERYTHING. We can not wait to return next year...

Finally thank you to all the boys who drove us in the buggies.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tazneem H
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guests,

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write about your EXPERIENCE on trip advisor from your recent stay at our resort and more so for putting the Constance Belle Mare Plage on the top of your list while planning to come to Mauritius.

I am particularly glad to read that the team took delight in surprising you with the Mauritian hospitality and your appreciations go straight to their heart.

Alexandre who is very attentive to guests’ suggestions, has already his ideas on how his team and himself will implement the theme evenings and I have no doubt that it will be for the pleasure of all our guests and surely improving it before your next visit.

Asha, Rajiv, Alexandre, Sheena, Shaib, Calvin, Julien, Dinesh and all the team join me to thank you for being our greatest ambassadors.

We will keep on memories the pleasure we had to be at your service.

With warm regards

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent two weeks in Constance Belle Mare Plage. Mauritius is a real paradise - blue waters, long and beautiful beaches, white sands and coconut palms.
Mauritius Constance is fantastic hotel which offers best-in-class services. Nice and smiling staff adds to your stay there a hint of local flavor of Mauritian character. All hotel employees are very nice, helpfull and they do not let you do anything on your own - starting with welcome drink, through helping with shopping bags to perfectly clean room (thanks Nirmala!).
Food was one big wonder: delicious, especialy Indian and Italian cuisine. Sweets are real culinary art. Don't forget to taste pistachio and coconut ice creams and add roasted almonds and caramel sauce.

I would like to react on some negative comments that I found here on TripAdvisor before our holidays...
Food: Food is really great, made from local stuff, all fresh and tasty. I agree that the sausage wasn't good enough, I didn't like them either, but there were plenty of other choices and you just easily forget about sausage. I especially enjoyed smoked merlin, ham, bacon, eggs omelette, grilled vegetables and fruits, so the last thing that I would like to eat there were sausages.
High prices: I don't think that the prices are too high. It is a 5* hotel and sometimes incomparable to 5* European hotels... prices are actually reasonable, e.g. 1l od sparkling water 115 MUR, beer 185 MUR, maitai 230 MUR.
Service: bad service and not-changed towels? This is simply not truth. I experienced there one of the best services ever. For the first time I had a feeling that hotel staff deserves a tip. Btw. they never ask you for a tip and there is a pool where you just leave an envelope. All employees at Constance are professionals and they deserve some extra money :)

Room Tip: We had room no. 311- junior suite, which was amaizing. You can see both - swimmingpool and see
1  Thank Megiiis

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience on trip advisor following your recent stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I am particularly glad to read that you have enjoyed your holidays at our resort and that the staff also contributed to the success of your choice of hotel.

I would like to thank you for highly recommending our resort, our cuisine and for your special mention about the prices. It is indeed a challenge to please every guest, however, we do value their comments and as it is from their opinion that we will be able gauge if we really are doing things right.

Please rest assured that your appreciations go straight to our heart and act as a source of motivation for the team to perform even better.

The team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort and I trust to be honoured with the pleasure of welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just home from a wonderful week in Mauritius at the Belle Mare Plage. As it was a special occasion we splashed out and booked a junior suite, which was superb. The whole complex is beautifully cared for and you have a variety of restauarants to suit how smart or how relaxed you want to be each evening. The choice of food in the main restaurant (La Citronelle) is very good and of a high standard and the setting allows you to choose whether you wish to eat inside or out.

The service was excellent and all of the staff very friendly. It was also lovely that they would often address you by name, which made the experience even more special and personal. It was all of the little touches that set this hotel apart from anything else we'd ever experienced.

There are a number of pools and a long beach so you'll get plenty of chance for peace and quiet if that's what you're seeking.The beach is white sand but some sections of the shallows can be rocky so a pair of shoes for swimming in might be useful.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for highly recommending our resort; you appreciations go straight to our heart and act as a source of motivation for the team to perform even better.

The team joins me to thank you for staying at our resort. We will always keep on memories the pleasure we had to be in your company.

I trust to be honoured with the pleasure of welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The Constance Belle Mare Plage is a fab resort and in an excellent location - beach was wonderful. The staff, the accommodation, the hotel facilities & water sport choices, the food - I could not fault anything about our stay. We had a Junior Garden Suite - located towards the Boat House, a short walk across our lawn to a quiet pool and the beach. The free golf at 2 Champioship courses was a great bonus too, the Wild Deer on the Legends Course were quiet beautiful - and seemingly unfazed by Golfers and associated hazards.
Thoroughly recommend the Deer Hunter restuarant and the Italian A La Carte Fish restaurant - La Spiaggia was really excellent. The Citronella for breakfast and general half board dinner offered a superb selection of food choices from all over the world. Plentiful iin supply and of good quality. Nothing was ever too much for any of the staff.
A big thank you to our room maid 'Karuna' for her towel folding oragami - We had elephants & monkies and beautiful flowers every day. Another big thank you to the guy who drives the courtesy buggy around the resort - super customer service.
Amazed but not entirely suprised at how many guests return year after year - we will definately return.

4  Thank Remotelyworking
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunny Mauritius!

We thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and share your experience from your wonderful stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage recently.

We are pleased to learn that the entire facilities and services were to your holiday convenience. Thank you to recommend our two superb restaurants the Deer Hunter and La Spiaggia. They are indeed popular, since they are run by passionate team members.

We are also glad to read that the staff put you at the centre of their activities especially those whose name you have mentioned. I will not miss to congratulate them for having taken great care of you.

We wish you an enjoyable stay and look forward to and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a wonderful 7 days we had at Belle Mare Plage, from the day we got there the service was excellent. The staff was overwhelmingly friendly at all times. Food was very good as well, a bigger variety at breakfast might not be bad. I would recommend the hotel to anyone, golfers and non golfers. Can't wait for our next trip to Belle Mare!

Room Tip: Rooms at the pool were beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am particularly glad to read that all the ingredients were there for you to enjoy your holidays.

I trust to be honoured with the pleasure of welcoming you back home soon.