“Paradise”

Constance Belle Mare Plage
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Arrived October 2012 for one week. Only negative was we did not have longer. From the moment we arrived we were looked after at this lovely hotel.we had our wedding anniversary during our stay which the hotel arranged a candle lit dinner and our room decorated in flowers, towel art and a bubble bath.we stayed in a junior suite with amazing sea veiw, our room was spotless and looked after to a very high standard. The staff were very attentive and always very helpful, methodical in everything they do.My husband played the two excellent golf courses with lovely views that i enjoyed while watching him play.Food and dining experience was first class even for myself being a fussy eater. Now we are looking forward to returning this November for 2 weeks. We have found our paradise Island.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona H
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest(s),

Greetings from Sunny Mauritius!

We thank you for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor your experience from your stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage and we are delighted to read that after almost a year your memories of your stay are still fresh.

We are indeed much pleased to read that you appreciated all the arrangements made for the celebration of your last wedding anniversary. One again, we wish to congratulate you!

We are glad to also learn that your husband was delighted to play golf both on The Links and Legend Golf Courses and that you were satisfied with our hotel location as well as the quality of food served in our restaurants.

Please be assured we have already forwarded your message of appreciation to our Staff members who have done their best to assist you, to your entire satisfaction. We are confident that this will surely act as a source of motivation for them to perform even better.

The team joins me to thank you once more for your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you again at the resort in November.

There are newer reviews for Constance Belle Mare Plage

Reviewed August 2, 2013

There tag line says 'sure we can' and its splashed everywhere from room keys to placards. It's a farce.

We are currently staying here and if I hadn't prepaid for this lousy serving hotel, we wouldn't be here.

Managerial staff is highly unfriendly to the needs of guest and completely unavailable for providing solutions.

Restaurants are either shut or tell you to book 2 days in advance - which basically means before you board your flight you should've booked or step out to eat. The room service is just 5 things. The room service attendant doesn't even understand, "fish n chips" or "pizza".

The manager Patrick has only one thing to say - I cannot help you, that's how it is.

The swimming pool- well 3 of them, none temperature controlled. We didn't spot too many using them.

It's way out of the city with nothing close by. You are at their mercy with no one to help...

It's lousy and so not worth the money... Stay away.

They say "sure we can"... Really they mean "we can't but you don't have a choice after 5pm."

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank CW12345678
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Guest(s)

I have read your comments on Trip Advisor with great concern and I respond to you only but now as I was away from the resort.

However, I would like to thank you for the time that you have afforded to write about your impression of our hotel on the first day of arrival.

Whilst I would not like to go through each and every detail mentioned, I must admit that I do understand your feelings after that so much expectations were laid onto that trip and I would like to sincerely apologize if we have in a way disappointed you.

We pride ourselves for our golf and cuisine which are recognized both locally and internationally and the impression that you have had, indeed, did not reflect the level of service provided at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

You are indeed right to voice out your feelings as we do encourage our guests to tell us how we can improve our service for their wellbeing and more so whilst still being on the resort for us to have the opportunity to amend their perception on how we provide service.

I trust that the solutions my Management team proposed you the next day and for the rest of your stay in terms of dining possibilities were to your convenience.

We know that we are not perfect, but because we care, we know that we can change things. Sometimes inconveniences happen and we perfectly understand your reaction.

The Mauritian hospitality is an inexhaustible source and I invite you to renew with this experience again and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming in a near future.

With sincere regards

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have just returned from two weeks of being completely spoilt. We had been to the CBMP two years ago for our 30th wedding anniversary; it was so good we returned. And that is the real proof of meaning what you say.

We had requested adjoining rooms as our youngest daughter was with us; on arrival the hotel assuaged any concerns apropos having her in a different room - they had already upgraded us to a villa! The villas are superb; ours had its own heated swimming pool, huge rooms and its own "villa master", Varden, who could not have been more attentive or discreet. In short, we had the facilities and personal service that usually only the super-rich can enjoy.

That said, all the reasons we returned remain just as impressive for every guest and not just the villa -dwellers. The private beach, safe sea( protected by the reef), stylish buildings, immaculate gardens and wide choice of restaurants are collectively stunning and eye-catching. But the real bonus is the staff. From the second you arrive they all look after your every need. We used the Citronelle restaurant extensively , principally because the staff were so friendly.We remembered Vinay from two years and he was even better; he and the serving staff were invariable charming. and efficient. We used the Spaggio restaurant, too, but the conviviality and wide choice of the Citronelle just kept dragging us back, willingly. Nothing is too much trouble, they even produced a wedding anniversary cake despite not having been told when it was.

July may not be the best month weather-wise but the rest of the hotel's facilities and ambience meant that we hardly noticed the odd shower or windy day. We loved it all and it is no surprise to note how many folk return, we will certainly try.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest(s)

We cannot thank you enough for your loyalty to the Constance Belle Mare Plage and most of all after two years to still put the Constance Belle Mare Plage on the top of your list while choosing to come on holidays.

‘Pay honor to whom honor is due’’. We would like to express our heartfelt thanks for your appraisal and for having trusted our property again.

We are glad to read that you have kept so much good memories of your holidays though the weather could be better in that period of the year.

Your satisfaction is the greatest reward for the team which acts as a great motivation for them to put pamper our guests even more.

Thank you again for your appreciation. We look forward to welcome you and your family in a near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Something total different, from our normal trekking holidays, and rough camping. But on a dark damp Scottish day on a wet, windswept golf course, we were recommend the Lux Belle Mare resort, for our anniversary holiday. We booked, advising them of the special occasion.
We were met by Joanne and made must welcome, feeling on arrival that we were already "old"
members of the family. We had a wonderful room on the first floor overlooking the pool, and sea.
We had booked half board, with dinner being served buffet style. What a choice, and we soon found our favorite place to sit. Having explained prior to arrival my wife's food allergy's, we were pleasantly surprised to note that the various cooks at the buffet stations had been circulated with the information and once they knew who we were, they made sure that everything was done to accommodate us. The Executive Chef, kindly arranged for an item which they did not have to be delivered. It was these small "attention to detail"items that makes this place stand out.
A welcome letter and bottle of wine was in our room congratulation us on our anniversary, and we were invited to dine at the "La Speiagia" one of their other restaurant during our stay. This turned out to be an excellent evening with a menu that suited us both.
After a coupe of days, the hotel team got to know our names and this was always used. We got to know Karuna one of the guest relation team very well, and were always greeted with a huge smile and a warm welcome. Deepak, our waiter was excellent and knew his profession, what a pleasure to dine when "professionals " serve you.
The second week, we were joined by friends who had been there on previous occasions. This made it an even more enjoyable stay.
We had all come to enjoy the golf, and as the resort was not full, we were able to enjoy both courses without any problem. One was next door to the hotel, and full of water hazards (lost balls) and the other was a short bus ride away where buggies were compulsory, but free.
The teams at the golf course always made you welcome, and ensured your clubs were on the cart, and you had everything you needed.
Tipping, I find is always a hit and miss affair, and I was delighted to learn that you could leave a gratuity, if you wished, at the reception on departure and this would be distributed amongst all the hotel team. It is often the case that the back of house teams are forgotten,as these people are not often seen. The rooms were spotless and the gardens well kept, thanks to the housekeeping team and the gardeners.
If you like golf, a good hotel, good food, a great beach, sun, and great staff, then go. We'll do a bit more rough camping before we return. Going with friends makes it more interesting.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest(s)

I would like to thank you for the time that you have afforded to write about your holiday experience at the Constance Belle Mare Plage on Trip advisor.

I am responding only now to your review as I was away from the resort for some time. I am particularly glad to read that my associates have put you at the centre of all their activities.

Golfing and dining experiences are the pride of this resort and we thank you for pointing those out loud. All these would certainly not happen without the effort, commitment and passion of all the team members and I thank you for mentioning the names of those who were to you exceptional and most of all the back of house teams. I will not miss to congratulate them all for having taken great care of you.

The team joins me to thank you for highly recommending our resort and look forward to celebrate with you another anniversary at our resort.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Belle Mare in July. I'm 5 months pregnant so we were looking for somewhere special to have one last luxury holiday just the two of us. From the moment we arrived we knew we'd made the right choice. The staff were fabulous from start to finish from the concierge to the restaurants to the beach bar to the spa and golf courses. The food was first class matched with first class service in All restaurants. We ate in La Citronella, The Deer Hunter and La Spiaggia. The full board plus option was definitely worth doing with drinks included at lunch and dinner. The Constance spa and Shiseido spa are so relaxing. I had 4 treatments in total, each one was amazing, especially the pre natal massage. My husband enjoyed the golf very much. He played both the Links and the Legends and felt that the courses were very well kept and a good challenge. The fact that the golf was included in the package represented incredible value. This really is a 5 star resort and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to couples and families alike. We would like to mention some of the staff who took care of us during our stay. Thank you to Sindhy and Geeta who looked after our suite, to Anmila at the Spa for the fantastic pre natal massages, to Jeovanna at Indigo and Sweetie at La Citronella, to Vishnoo the golf pro at the Links course and finally to Cathy and Kingsley at reception.

• Stayed: July 2013

Congratulations on being pregnant!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor and share your experience from your recent stay at Constance Belle Mare Plage.

“No language can express the power, beauty, heroism and sensitivity of a mother’s love and feelings during pregnancy period” – Edwin H. Chaplin. I think he was right and your appreciations obviously reflect the feeling of wellbeing you had at our resort.

I am particularly proud that my team have in a way made your stay in Mauritius the most comfortable possible. Your satisfaction is our reward.

Thank you also for great appreciation and for mentioning the names of the all those team members who have passionately taken care of you and your husband. I will not miss to congratulate them.

The team joins me to wish you all the best and look forward to welcome you and your new member of the family soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have just recently been to this fantastic hotel and I would strongly recommend anyone to stay here who is visiting Mauritius.
We had a junior suite on the beach which was a dream. The rooms were large with a balcony, walk in closet, rain shower, settees in the room and also on the balcony, everything you would want is available.
The rooms were ultra clean and the quality is second to none.
I had read on here that the hotel was expensive, in all honesty I found it far more reasonable cost wise than I expected. Cocktails that you would easily pay up to £10 for each any major city was half the price here, we stayed bed and breakfast as we did not want to tie ourselves totally to eating in the hotel but found ourselves eating 6 nights out of 9 in the hotels various restaurants. The buffet in the hotel is exceptional quality and reasonably priced. We eat in the Italian restaurant on 2 occasions, this was quite expensive but the quality of food was of a very high standard and the setting was total class.
The hotel is run by unbelievably friendly but professional staff, all of the waiters were magnificent.
The check in was great, you are taken to the bar area, which is surrounded by water and you have a beautiful view of the sea, we were sat down and given a drink on arrival, so this starts you off in the best of moods, much better than standing in line in a hotel lobby that is for sure.
You are not pressurized into any sales of any kind here and are treated with respect.
If I were to go back to the island I would not hesitate to book this hotel.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and covered with water and palm trees that give a feeling of total relaxation, there are 3 pools and the hotel is situated right on the wonderful belle mare beach.
Over the course of my stay I walked the whole length of the beach and viewed many of the local resorts, it would be unfair to say that these were any better or worse than the belle mare plage as I only had a small amount of time to view them, but I was not unhappy that I chose the hotel that I did!!!!

A few pointers about the trip to Mauritius that I was not aware of and may be of assistance to anyone that has not visited the island before;

1. All of the locals I met were really friendly
2. There is very little to do outside of the hotels which I had not expected at all (food and drinks I mean)
3. Visited the Rasoi Indian restaurant at the One and Only, it is the most beautiful setting you could hope for but sadly the food did not live up to the price, which was £230 for two people with one bottle of wine, having said that I was not unhappy that I went there as it is a nice experience and again the staff were great.
4. Visited Port Louis for the day and went a fantastic Indian restaurant, this was great food, great value and the staff were a dream, go there!!!! http://namaste.restaurant.mu/
5. Took a personal speed boat for the day with Fabrice, took us to the iles aux cerfs, then for a lobster lunch with drinks (sat on the beach) and then on to the waterfalls where you will see wild monkeys all around you, call him on 230 756 3122 if you get the chance, and if you like reggae music he has it pumping all day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter D
BelleMarePlage, General Manager at Constance Belle Mare Plage, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest(s)

I would like to thank you for the time that you have afforded to write about your holiday experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage.

I am particularly glad to read that you have kept so many memories of your stay and especially at our resort.

The team joins me to thank you for recognizing their effort and most of all for strongly recommending our resort to prospective travelers.

From your comments, we have learnt further on your main interest and which we have kept on our records in order to make your future experience with us even more memorable.

Thank you again for highlighting a few features of our island, which I am sure our fellow colleagues of the industry will be happy to read.

We look forward to welcome you again on a next visit to our resort.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been every year for the past 14 years to "heaven" Belle Mare Plage and will keep on going to the fantastic resort hopefully for many years to come. The whole experience is so relaxing, from as soon as you are welcomed at the gate by the "saluting" security guard to the regrettable departure, which comes around far too soon.
We could fill a book about our wonderful experiences at the Belle Mare but the best of all would be our marriage on the 17th tee of the Legend Course in 2008 (see Chaka Travel weddings website to read more).
As we are both golfing nuts, the two excellent and challenging championship golf courses and the great golf staff at Belle Mare are just two reasons for repeating our long haul flight each year (more than worth it when you get there).
There is also the opportunity to play the 9 hole Saint Gerain course, FOC, which is a totally different course right next door.
The rooms at the hotel are large, cleaned daily and well maintained. The evening turn down service by the house keeping team is welcome if towels, soaps etc. need refreshing and the room maids/men go to great lengths to ensure you have what you need. Celebrating an anniversary or Birthday during your stay? -- watch out for something special in your room!
The landscaped areas around the grounds are wonderful and falling leaves and petals are collected up every day by the inconspicuous garden team.
The food and beverage team do a wonderful job in serving up so many delicious meals every day at the main Citronelle Restaurant, always a good "world wide" choice from the buffet and the desserts are to die for if you have a sweet tooth. The four other restaurants on site each offer different special dining experiences with silver service and definitely worth visiting during a stay.
If you wish to visit the sister 6* hotel, The Prince Maurice, for a different evening dining experience on floating pontoons, you have an allowance against the cost from your half board allowance and the 10 minute transport is complementary.
Plenty of water sports, a gym/Spa, cycle hire, tennis and for those who just want to relax there's the white soft sand beach with sun loungers under thatched parasols. Put the flag in its stem and the beach/ pool attendant will come to you - order drinks/food or just a complementary clean beach towel.
We may have missed some thing out - but maybe this would be on purpose so the next visitor to Belle Mare Plage has something else good to experience that is not expected!
Conclusion - we recommend this Hotel to ALL if you want to go to heaven but not die just yet!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank nigelmoorfield

Dear Guests(s)

We cannot thank you enough for your loyalty to the Constance Belle Mare Plage and it is always a pleasure to host you each year to celebrate this special occasion with your second family.

Golf and dining experiences are the pride of this resort and we thank you for pointing those out loud and this certainly will act as a source of motivation for the team to perform even better.

As you have mentioned it, we will certainly keep the resort in good shape for your well being and that of future travelers.

The team joins me to thank you once more for your loyalty and look forward to celebrate with you the 6th wedding anniversary and the 15th year at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita

Been to Constance Belle Mare Plage? Share your experiences!