Much has already been written about the Hotel's excellent location on a white sand beach, well appointed Junior suites(recommend 1st floor for best views), attentive service and decent food. One of the prime reasons for preferring this resort hotel is its 2 golf courses- The Links and the Legends.
The Links is a slightly longer but less "tight" course on which the hotel provides free buggy use. It's a good test of golf. In February, though, the sheer volume of rainfall reduced even this course to 9 playable holes providing players carried their bags.
The Legend course is a tight layout with many water hazards and thickets of trees containing lava boulders making it a very tricky test. On this course players may use caddies, carry their bags or use trolleys. Again the heavy rainfall had swamped the front nine so that only the back nine was open and the 18th was reduced from a par 5 to a par 3. The flooding was so bad that the red marker posts round the water hazards were about 30 cms under water and casual water lay across a number of fairways . A big pump was being used to try and lower the level of the main lake! On caddies, the extra cost of a caddy rather than a bag carrier is worthwhile.
The greens on both courses coped well with the heavy rain and quickly drained a testimony to the USPGA construction.
This year's weather was apparently much wetter than usual but usually February is the wettest month and therefore considerable disruption of golf by tropical rainstorms and resulting course closures should be expected. At least go prepared; take a good umbrella, lightweight breathable waterproof top and maybe a carry bag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius