Went here at Christmas , and had a disappointing time.
Firstly we asked for 2 twin rooms for our 4 children , and got 2 double beds with separate matresses, not the same thing . As 2 of these children were adults they were not very happy sharing a double bed. Eventually they sorted out one twin room , but could not do the other as they have hardly any twin rooms in the hotel.
The hotel was packed as they allow extra children in the rooms for no extra cost,( i think the only hotel that is 5 star that does this in Mauritius)
Consequently , the hotel had at least 100 guests over its max capacity.This was a big strain on the infrasructure. It was impossible to get a sunbed unless you bagged it at about 6 am!
The service was slow, and it was often impossible for the 6 of us to get a table together in the buffet. There were also long queues at the variuos stations in the buffet, a 20 minute wait for a bowl of pasta?Not acceptable.The wine and water we ordered to go with our meals often turned up long after we had started eating. There was very little sign of any management making sure it was running smoothly , and the staff just looked fed up .The standard of food was generally very average.
The water sports were downright dangerous , as there were other boats from other hotels,using the same strip of water outside the hotel, how there hasnt been an accident I do not know! Again huge long waits for a ski.
Finally, for a 5 star hotel , nothing was included , even paid extra for the coffee pods in the room!! Wifi was extra as was a dvd player , and even a peice of pineapple on the sunlounger had to be bought from a vendor out of a cardboard box!!
If this were a 3 star hotel , fine , but for a 5 star it was a big disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius