We have just returned from two weeks at the Belle Mare Plage and i can't rate it highly enough! We travelled as a family of 5; the children are 2, 5 and 6 so a handful at the moment. Every member of staff went the extra mile to help us; whether it was staff opening doors and helping with buggies, or the waiters filling up the infants' milk cup- every member of staff was extremely helpful. We were upgraded to a villa upon arrival which was utterly amazing.....i'm still not sure why but i'm certainly not complaining. Our Villa manager and the staff were incredibly helpful throughout the stay and couldn't do enough for us and, in particular, the kids.
I'd read horrendous reviews about pricing but found it fairly reasonable. You can expect to pay approx £20 for a normal bottle of wine with evening meal and prices increase up to the ridiculous. We were half board and stuck with the free half-bottle of white most evening; that was just about drinkable. Cocktails were appx £4.50- £10 and were ok. Bar staff were very friendly and make a mean Mojito, although i found the Whisky choice poor( i am a little picky as we live in Speyside).
I managed to sneak awayy for a few hours for a round of Golf on the Legends Course and this was sublime, so well kept with swept-up golf equipment for hire. It cost me appx £65 for a round including buggy hire and club hire so not bad at all really.
The beach was incredible and perfect for the kids as there are so many loungers to choose from, all of which have their own sun shelter allowing the kids to sit in the shade when required. The beac staff were excellent and looked after us and the kids very well indeed. Ours kids are reasonably fussy but there was food for everyone and a varied choice. The chef's would make special dishes for the kids when required too !
The children's club was open 0900-2200 and the staff were excellent. It is not sold very well on the website but it really was very good indeed and our kids loved it! They were asking to go for most of the afternoon and after evening meal too which also allowed us some respite :) They have a great set-up, including a pool, climbing frames and indoor play stuff too.
Would go back tomorrow.......if we could afford it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius