My wife and I travelled to Mauritius on this 'impulse buy' with no preconceptions. We arrived and were greeted by a charming smiling young lady who ensured that we were seated with a welcome cold drink whilst she checked us in and escorted us to our room. She set the standard of friendliness and efficiency which was upheld by all staff for the rest of our stay to such a degree that we both agreed that 'the people' are an outstanding asset to Mauritius.
Belle Mare Plage offers a holiday destination which challenges the senses. A white sandy beach where the bright blue waters of the Indian Ocean provided a cooling adult playground for gentle swimming, snorkelling and a glass bottomed boat (all at no charge) or more daring water sports including water skiing and parasailing. Sufficient heavy hard wood sun beds (all towelled) both on the beach and all around the hotel pools and gardens provided for the needs of sunworshippers (not us!!).
We were off on the two hotel Golf Courses!! We could have played every day but took two days off!! The Links (slightly wider fairways and larger green, but VERY short par 3's) provided free buggies. The Legend, slightly tighter fairways and smaller greens is on the European PGA Seniors Tour and requires a greater degree of accuracy and you have to pay for a caddy (£6.00 or £10.00) or hire a buggy. We did both and both were fine. Of the two courses, I preferred the Links possibly because I won the Guest Competition (run alternate Tuesdays on the Links and Legend) and probably because the FREE buggies appeals to a Yorkshireman!! We also played Le Touessrok a course on an island off Mauritius. We booked through the hotel and paid £80.00 each (25% discount0 which included 'ferry, buggy, scorecard and a small bottle of water' their words not mine!. Taxi to the ferry costs £80 - pay the driver on return. All the golf courses were in VERY good condition. The white tees can be challenging (200 yard carry to the fairway on the 17th at Le Touessrok) but the ball does travel further in the warm air!!
The staff on both the hotel golf courses were outstanding - buggies loaded with bags and cold drinks (water free), bags transferred between courses, clubs cleaned and stored, optional shoes cleaned and polished for £2.00. and all with a smile. After two days always greeted by name. Package includes an ESSENTIAL half of beer or solf drink in the clubhouse. It was all so wonderful.
The buffet restaurant with Mauritian, Asian, vegetarian, pasta, fish, salad, 'carnivore corner' (my name and favourite!) stations provided 'high end' quality food prepared in many cases in front of you by chefs so that you had an 'input'. The palate was certainly satisfied. We had a half board 'Golf and Dine' package which included a bottle of 'satisfactory' wine and a bottle of water with dinner. We also dined three times at the Deer Hunter Restaurant by the 18th green on the Legends Golf Course which provided a superb set menu as part of the same package. You can pay extra at the three other 'specialised' restaurants but at a price. We enjoyed a 'Lobster Evening' (every Tuesday - advanced booking VERY necessay) and even the £48.00 bottle Chateau Neuf du Pape did not take too much shine off a gourmet sensation!!
Sitting outside having a coffee of midday glass of wine in one of the oceanside restaurants as we gazed at the gentle surf is it any wonder we did not want to leave this little piece of paradise. As someone who is usually itching for home after ten ten days this was a first. Thank you Belle Mare Plage! We will back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soft white sand, blue sky dotted with white clouds and turquoise lagoon which beckons long soaks…Stylishly renovated Constance Belle Mare Plage offers comfortable accommodations in a lively and cosy atmosphere; choose from one of the 104 Prestige Rooms, 149 Junior Suites, 6 Deluxe Suites, 18 distinctive Villas or the Presidential Villa for a top-notch island holiday. Seize the opportunity to try new things while having fun. Whether it’s relaxing on the beach or at one of the trendy bars, working out at the gym, pampering at the spa or enjoying water sports, Constance Belle Mare Plage is for an exciting memorable break! Seven distinctive restaurants and six hip bars situated at prime locations await you. And if you are staying with your kids, you will be thrilled to know that they will be having their share of adventures and fun too, at the Constance Kids Club. Set along a stunning 2km white sand beach, in a sheltered bay on the east coast of Mauritius, Constance Belle Mare Plage is a harmonious combination of tropical environment and Constance Chic. Combining space and design, all rooms are thoughtfully furnished and decorated for your comfort. Inspired by the unique beauty of the East Coast; space and style were combined to create comfort, to radiate brightness and to breathe in the freshness of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Belle Mare Plage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Hotel Belle Mare
- Belle Mare Plage Mauritius
- Belle Mare Plage Hotel Mauritius
- Constance Belle Mare Plage Mauritius