$189
  • Breakfast included
Orchid Villas Mauritius(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$91
$186
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Long Beach Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$284
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $368/night.

Solana Beach(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$94
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$254
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$279
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $350/night.

Emeraude Beach Attitude(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$434
Hotels.com
6,232 results
All reviewsduck laundryfood truckcoffee barrum shackmixe restauranttea houseashish modakkelly hoppenrolls roycemessage in a bottlebeach rouge restaurantice cream parlouramari by vineetour honeymoonevents managerspecial thanksjunior suite
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I spent 7 days at the Lux Villas for our honeymoon. This was a perfect choice as it had all private facilities for us. The private pool, spacious rooms and bathrooms were really amazing. Thank you to Videsh, Rajiv and Suren for your hospitality and making it a memorable stay. The breakfast on the beach, romantic dinner in the villa and boat ride were the most memorable experience from our trip.
I would like to recommend that the waitors at the Kitchen restaurant improve on their service level and communication to clients which are not French speaking.

Room Tip: Villas are the only way to go
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anup M
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. We are glad that you had a relaxing stay and thank you so much for appreciating the efforts of the villa team. They are truly our STARS and I have complimented each of the team members mentioned by you post this review. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another stay soon;

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks at the Lux. The location of this hotel is brillient, you really do walk straight onto a pure white beach which they keep so clean, the water is lovely and warm and the pool is just what you need if you like to have a really good swim. Also very good for children with very shallow areas. The staff are wonderful and can't do enough for you, there is also an English telephone box where you really can make calls home free of charge and there are no queues!!! For us we have add a very big thank you to Pravino and Khem who looked us so well in our villa and thank you to the management for resolving the little problem we had so quickly, we thoroughly enjoyed the holiday with you and certainly hope to return one day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
2  Thank Higheaster

Dear Higheaster,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and that the team managed to create some golden memories for you. I have complimented Pravind and Khem post this review. Thank you also for mentioning the unique experiences on offer like the Phone Home! We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I will admit that I arrived at the LUX Belle Mare with a case of mild irritation as there had initially been a disagreement between myself and one of the sales individuals regarding the rate that was originally agreed suddenly changing a week before I was due to check-in. (This altercation was resolved in writing one week prior to my checking-in the the hotel.)

Tonight is my last night at the LUX Belle Mare after 7 days of pure bliss! From the moment we checked in, there is absolutely nothing we could fault about the hotel. I went with the "all-inclusive" package and was initially expecting to see limited options on each menu as a result. I can safely say that I was more than pleasantly surprised in this regard - not only were the majority of food options available to "all-inclusive" guests, but the standard of food was better than I have had at any resort anywhere in the world! Each of the 4 restaurant options is better than the last, with the Beach Rouge being our personal favorite! The breakfast and dinner buffets at the "Kitchen" are the most comprehensive and well prepared I have seen at any hotel.

In addition to the above, 3 main highlights for us were the rooms (the refurbished Junior LUX* Suites are well worth the extra spend), beach (most perfect stretch of beach in Belle Mare and potentially the whole Mauritian coastline) and staff (the most willing and happy staff members) made our trip extraordinary. It is clear after spending 7 fantastic days at this hotel that the management of this resort are doing everything right - the staff are happy and helpful, the grounds are immaculate, the rooms are perfectly appointed, each of the many guests are looked after down to the most minute details, there are endless activities for all ages, the food is top notch and the location is unparalleled.

Whatever doubts I initially had about the hotel were put to rest on day one and I am a LUX* Belle Mare devotee on all future trips to Mauritius.

Room Tip: LUX Junior Suite - well worth the extra spend.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas R
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear NRosie1, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautifully worded and detailed review for us. You have highlighted the various features which make our resort special and I thank you for mentioning all these various aspects of the resort. We genuinely believe our resort combines the best of all the essential elements to make a beach holiday special. Thank you for mentioning the various food and beverage experiences on offer. I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon for a yet another wonderful holiday with us;

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have just returned from two weeks at this hotel.
There is free WiFi everywhere – with a much faster rate than BT supplies us with at home. Our room had its own iPad mini.
Everywhere is spotless.
I never thought I would ever taste ice creams and sorbets that are the equal of anything I have had in Italy. Theirs are all home made and every flavour we tried (free to guests) was exquisite.
Be aware that this is a hotel geared to families and that the majority of the clientele is French. This is not a hotel for those looking for peace and quiet. The all-pervasive background sound (not quite “music”) can become wearing. I would also not recommend it for anyone with mobility issues. Going from any A to any B inevitably requires the negotiation of steps, none of which have handrails. We occasionally came across aggrieved older Brits for whom this was decidedly the wrong place. However, there is a really vibrant atmosphere, particularly in the Beach Rouge restaurant. Our first week coincided with French half term. Most of the children disappeared the first weekend in March.
This is an exceptionally well-run hotel and it is impossible not to be overwhelmed by the determination of the staff to do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable.
Fitness centre
I had been promising to get more fit and I took advantage of the excellent gym facilities, together with having a personal fitness assessment and getting personal training programmes worked out for me. I gather that the gym also has a sauna and Turkish baths associated with it, but I never used these facilities.
Snorkelling
We had hoped to be able to snorkel but it is not a satisfactory option. The beach has small areas which are sectioned off to prevent speedboats. There is nothing much to see in these shallow waters. You cannot venture out on your own without risking being mown down by high speed craft. The hotel runs two free snorkelling trips per day into the lagoon but most of the coral is dead through bleaching and there are very few fish.
Diving
We are keen divers and there is a small dive centre as part of the hotel water sports facility on the beach. It offers free kit hire. Dives cost £38 (£34 if you get 6 or more) and this includes all kit hire and speed boat out to the dive site. They also have a PADI instructor available. There is no Nitrox. If you are a diver, take your certification with you and have a go. I reckon it would also be a great place to learn to dive as the team there are really friendly and helpful, working hard to ensure that everyone is looked after. They even repaired a fault with my wife’s own BCD. The dive sites themselves are rather limited, though their drift dive is excellent and they do periodic trips across the Island to other sites. Entering the water from the speedboat is somewhat hairy! I strongly advise mastering it first from near the back of the boat.
Other water sports
Water skiing, windsurfing, kayaking, catamarans and pedaloes are free.
All Inclusive
We found the AI package really excellent. If you want to drink Champagne and eat lobster, you have to pay extra – does anyone expect otherwise? But it covers all your food, many activities and most drinks from your room mini bar.
Rooms
We were in a LUX Junior Suite which has generous amounts of space and is well furnished. As many other reviewers have pointed out, the bed (custom made for LUX) provides a level of comfort we have never experienced before. We booked it simply as a Junior suite but apparently not all of them have been upgraded, so we were lucky.
The breakfast is of a legendary standard with a range of fruit juices, cereals, breads, cold meats, jams and eggs made to order. Tea and coffee as you request. I tried a sausage once but I found it gristly, of modest flavour and with a thick skin – my only negative food experience. Tea is not straightforward. On day 1 I ordered a (small) pot of “English Breakfast tea” which was too weak for me. On day 2 I tried it with 2 bags, on day 3 with 3 and on day 4 with 4. The local tea doesn’t have the power of what we are used to at home. I ended up settling for 6 bags in a large pot. They roast their own coffee which they import from Brazil and it is lovely to pop in to Café Lux for a really delicious coffee any time of day.
For lunch you have a choice between buffet in the main restaurant, a good range of bar snacks and à la carte in Beach Rouge. We loved the Beach Rouge food and the restaurant setting is unbelievably beautiful. It’s hardly fair to name particular dishes but we did keep going back to the crispy calamari and prawns, and the pizzas, baked in a proper pizza oven, are fantastic. All the fish dishes we tried were delicious.
The dinner buffet is extensive but you also have the option of booking for Beach Rouge, East (an oriental restaurant) or Senses which specialises in Indian food. Only Senses is outside the AI deal. They are all so good that it is hard to decide which to choose and it is a relief to have such variety, especially during a 2 week stay when a single buffet can become a little repetitive.
Wine
By the way, the local Phoenix beer is excellent!
A typical example of the way the hotel works is that every time you order wine, it comes in a proper wine glass – the kind you would use for special events. Also, the wine is always brought to the table to be served. The glass is never filled at the bar and brought to the table.
OK, I’m a wine merchant. Such is my commitment to the general public that I thought it would be a good idea to taste all the wines available on the All Inclusive ticket. We started with the Rosé which was pretty good. It ran out after a couple of days so we were “required” to drink a Provencale replacement which was even better (and priced at the same level, so if I were paying for the wine I would buy that instead). Then they got more of the house rosé which didn’t taste quite as good to me.
Normally, resort white wines are things that I try one glass of and then stick to beer. But the South African “Scru-cap” Sauvignon is simply stunning! It is in the New Zealand style. There is also a Riesling which is in a sweeter style but is also excellent. I did not like the Chilean Chardonnay and did not care for the French Sauvignon-Viognier blend. The house red is a gluggable fruit-driven South African chappie which is too fruity to contribute to meat dishes. There is also an over-heavy French Syrah-Grenache-Mourvèdre blend. Late in the holiday we discovered two exceptional “Scru-cap” South African red wines. A super food red, “Three valleys” which has claret grapes and is a very passable claret, and “Swartland”, a decent South African red made from southern French grapes. Note that if you just ask for house wines you will not get the greatly superior Scru-cap wines.

Room Tip: If you want a Junior Suite, specify "LUX Junior Suite".
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alex R

Dear Alex R, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for the detailed review for us. I am glad we stood up to your expectations. You have detailed several aspects of the resort which make the place special and I thank you for the same. Our team indeed is our biggest asset and I thank you for mentioning it in your review. The whole resort provides a feel of a very happy, vibrant yet relaxed atmosphere and I am glad you felt likewise. Food and Beverages form an integral part of a relaxing beach holiday and I am happy to note that you found the selection adequate and to your liking. Thank you for also mentioning the wifi speed in your review. We continuously strive to upgrade our offerings and it is a great relief to note when our guests notice the speed of the free wireless internet service on offer amongst other services and features. All of us at LUX* Belle Mare look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another holiday soon;

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at the Lux Belle Made from 6th to 12 th Mar in the Junior pool suit. The resort is beautiful and the staff polite and ever helpful. I had no issues during my stay. The management team was eager for feedbacks and open to suggestions. Food in all the restaurants was great. I loved the Indian preparations and the Indian nite was awesome. The Indian food had an authentic taste. Room was kept neat and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and I really enjoyed my stay. I was also given a late checkout to cater to my flight timing by Mrs.Neha. The General Manager Mr. Ashish is a very helpful person and he is always there for any suggestions or complaints. The spa and fitness center are also good. The hotel charges are high but value for money. The coffee shop is great and is a must try. I recommend the hotel strongly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank saurabhrawat1981

Dear saurabhrawat1981, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced an excellent holiday with us. I thank you for the wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned the various aspects of the resort which makes us special. I am glad we stood up to your expectations.