“Stay At Belle Mare in November”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
bangalore ,india
“Stay At Belle Mare in November”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I , my husband and 2 sons ( twins aged 5 years ) stayed at Belle Mare resort from 15th - 18th November 2013. The first night we arrived there a bit late and were taken to our room , we had booked the base category for our stay. It felt rather cold as decor and wood work was all in light wood but it had some nice touches - most amazing big bottles of handwash, shampoo and conditioners all made from exotic local fruits and plants. Well planned bathroom and seperate walk-in wardrobe with ample space to put clothes/shoes/valuables.
The airconditioning was turned up very high in the room and as soon as we turned it down I got the strong smell of either wood varnish/paint. It was rather late for us to do anything about it as our boys had already gone to sleep but I couldnt sleep the entire night and had a migrane by next morning. My husband spoke to the manager on duty next morning sheila and she was very apologetic and helpful and upgraded us to one of the lovely villas at the property.
The villa was like a dream- amazing big room with living room and valet service and best of all our very own plunge pool which we and they boys enjoyed so very much.

This hotel has an absolutely amazing beach- powder white sand, emerald green clear water thats very safe for the kids.The food was great - lots of fruits, fresh juices, variety of breads and pastries and the best gowda cheese I have had ever served during breakfast.I had the most amazing tropical mix of icecreams- passion fruit was my favourite.

The childrens club was nice with good number of outdoor and indoor play activites.The boys particularly enjoyed the buggy rides to/from the villas. Staff was always friendly and helpful.

On the whole we had a wonderful time and cant wait to return. Thank you all for making our stay so special. Thanks Sheila for the understanding and upgrade. It was very special time for us in your villa.

Anu Chawla, Bangalore, India

Room Tip: The villas are amazing with private blunge pool if within your budget. Some rooms seem to be a long...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank anu c
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and thank you so much for appreciating the efforts of the service team to meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Warm island regards,
Ashish Modak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rhode-Saint-Genese, Belgium
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were there to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary: we couldn't have chosen a better destination!! The Hotel is simply fantastic: very tastefully decorated, in colonial style, the service and attention to detail by the staff is incredible, the food is varied and of excellent quality, the pool, sea and the beach are to dream of, and the overall atmosphere extremely relaxing!

1 Thank Giova590501
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The LUX Belle Mare was worth the 36 hour travel time. The resort itself and the warm staff made my stay perfect. All of the staff, including management team members, would greet you with a smile and make you feel at home during the stay. This was my first visit to Mauritius and the trip was picture perfect.

I do suggest taking the afternoon orientation tour early in the stay so you can discover all the hidden treasures and activities. That is how I was introduced to the pool and sauna area. I spent most late evenings relaxing and enjoying the quite surroundings.

The room had a fresh appearance to it. The housekeeping staff was able to respond to special requests for the room quickly. I have an sensitivity to down feathers, and the house keeping staff changed the bedding for me. My room was located on the second floor. I had a great view of the beach to wake up to each morning.

There were three options for dinner, two restaurants and a buffet dining area. The buffet area seemed to have many selections and often had themes. However, I do not eat buffet style foods, so I suggest making reservations for the restaurants early in your trip. Senses offered traditional foods with creativity and presentation. The restaurant offered wine selections from South Africa that would compliment any meal.

The hotel provides full schedule of vacation opportunities. I was not able to fit in all the options, but I did enjoy as many as possible.
At Lux Me spa, I had a massage that relaxed me and took away the jet lag pains. I have great pictures of fish and coral from the glass bottom boat tour. Lux offred yoga classes to help stay healhy while on vacation. One night I went to the movie on the beach. This gave me more time to enjoy the great beach that this hotel is built as a part of.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Renee A
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is probably the best that we have been to in Mauritius. We came here for our honeymoon and we had a really nice room. The service was excellent. For us I think that was what made it so good. Staff members actively seeked us to try and make our stay even better. We were on the all inclusive package and it is definitely worth having. There is so much choice, including an ice cream hut where you can have as much ice cream as you like. The customer service in this hotel is the best we have experienced and we would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting this beautiful island. Also the gardens in the hotel are so beautiful. Andrei, Fabrice, Marius, F&B Manager (Ramess) and his team - Thanks for making our stay so great.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the beach or the gardens are very nice
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anne-Laure G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Lux Belle Mare in early November on an all inclusive basis at the end of a tour that had included Kruger Park and Cape Town in South Africa. This was always going to be the relaxing part of the holiday and we duly collapsed onto sun-beds for the 5 days that we were there and enjoyed the amenities, catering and cocktails on offer.
The accommodation and facilities are of a good standard and the beach / bay is beautiful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay – the food was good and the staff were all very courteous. Special mention to Aisha, Jennifer, Vishal, Vijay, Vick and Sheila (housekeeping) for looking after us during our stay.

We thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet of the eastern side of the island and loved Mauritius which we thought was beautiful. We may well revisit Mauritius in future and, although we would probably prefer to see and explore more other parts of the island, based on our experiences at this hotel we would consider staying at other Lux properties in future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a super hotel this is,a lovely setting by a large lagoon and a wide long beach.The rooms were large and with a good decor overlooking the sea.The Buffet resturant was good plus the other a la carte resturants.The staff as always at the Lux hotels were so helpful and attentive.The only slight problem at the moment is that they are renovating and extending a beachside bar and resturant and there is,at times a bit of daytime noise from the site,but once it is finished shortly , I am sure it will be an excelent position .

2 Thank 747Mike
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hi All

This has to be one of the best hotels we have stayed at. My wife and two daughters has such a relaxing break. The staff were amazing and the overall idea of Lux is refreshing.

The accommodation was lovely, we had a relaxing holiday. The kids club was amazing and allowed me and my wife to have fun as well as the children. The food was great and there were many different varieties

Lux you guys know what you are doing when it comes to customer service, quality of accommodation, staff friendliness ensured me and my family had quality time together.

Best Regards

The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,523 reviews

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!