“Not up to our expectations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
State of Rio de Janeiro
“Not up to our expectations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend went to Lux Belle Mare in November 2013 for 3 nights and 4 days.
The hotel is easy to spot and as a great environment with a clean design and beautiful gardens. The rest, what can we say? Our expectations were very high but unfortunately Lux Belle Mare was not up to it, at all. The waiters are very unpersonal and you never fell very welcomed and at home. The fact of being a very big hotel does not help and you fell like a nobody in a crowd. The pool bar stops serving food as 15h and you have nowhere else to eat until 19h30 when the restaurants open for dinner. Around the pool there is an ice cream stand but it closes at 17h when is time to eat ice creams!! When we were at Lux Belle Mare there was a construction of a new restaurant and we heard the construction noises all day long.
There are many activities in the sea but most of all are not for free and the ones who are free have a very bad service/staff.
We stayed in a Junior Suite facing the pool and it was lovely. Good areas, with bath, shower and dressing area. LCD TV with english and french channels. The room service was great and available all day long.
There are 3 restaurants in Lux Belle Mare but East restaurant is the only one that we really recomend, it hás great food and staff.
The breakfast, served at The Kitchen, is ok with a variety of all kinds of foods.
We don't understand how so many persons praise Lux Belle Mare and, in our opinion, the service is not worth the price.
Carolina e Gonçalo

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank carolengel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We returned 2 weeks ago from our 5th or 6th visit to Lux Belle Mare. And AGAIN we are NEVER disappointed. The attention to detail is as always impeccable. From front office staff to ground garden staff. We get greeted by our names each and every time we pass and upon arrival to the hotel a "welcome home Mr and Mrs Pio". We cannot cannot fault Lux Belle Mare in any way, shape or form. From the staff - and here I just MUST name a few - (Bertrice, Pooja, Joan, Nella and Vanisha in the kids club. My daughter loves each and every one of these real, friendly, happy ladies who take such pride in each and every child that comes through the kids club doors) Pooja and Sailesh who make the most amazing Piccolo Latte's for us at the most amazing coffee bar (best coffee's we have EVER had anywhere in the world and we have travelled worldwide) Ravin, Vick and Dave in the restaurants will stop at nothing to please and make sure all are happy and satisfied. Anatolie in management - what a brilliant man. What a pleaser who wants NOTHING more than to make you happy and NOTHING is too much or too difficult. The rooms and stunning, the resort is beautiful. The pool is the best ever. I cannot praise Lux Belle Mare enough. I realise I may be going overboard with my gushing but I do believe in giving credit where credit is due and they deserve gushing... not just credit. FYI before I end off. We have stayed at two of the very top Mauritian Hotels and a few others in years passed and not even these compare to Lux Bella Mare - Honest truth. Look forward to our next visit "home".

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah P
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Gorgeous location, beautiful and big beach.Nice Spa and Pool. Very friendly staff. From a smiling Candy at the reception to very warm Mr Vijay at the bar, everyone makes you feel at home. Food is awesome. Every night there is a different cuisine and a live music/cultural program to go along with it. Almost a perfect beach vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PrakharRaj
Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

After our three week stay during Oct at Lux Belle Mare we started to really feel like family! From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by sweet little Candy! We could not have asked for better! The service was great, the staff were absolutely marvellous; friendly, hospitable, helpful, efficient, nothing asked was too much for them! We loved the food, the variety was great! There were so many friendly faces, but special thanks go to Sheila and Sarvam at Housekeeping, there are just too many others no name them all!! Also special thanks to Marius who also made me feel at home... I can surely recommend this hotel if it's comfort and excellent service you seek! Thank you to management and staff for a memorable time! The Loubser's.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the top floor, and being away from the pool and entertainment area...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bel-Air, Mauritius
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Me and my family spent, one week-end at LUX Belle Mare. One word to describe out stay there, AMAZING. At our arrival, we were warmly welcomed with smiles on faces, which gave us an intuition of the good time we are going to spend there. The cool atmosphere, birds singing and a nice refreshing crushed sugar cane and citronellla juice, the taste still on my tongue.

The hotel has an outstanding infrastructure and firmly holds to the Mauritian culture. People at the reception, always smiling and ready to help. The room that we stayed in was so nice and tidy, I would thanks the house keeping team for that.

The foods, the more i say the more i would lack words to complete my sentence. I made a discovery there, Cafe LUX*, roasted coffee specially made, thanks to Ravin, Beelur and not forgetting Fabrice, they got a magical hand. The food, the taste, the variety and those desserts made our stay even more memorable. Thanks to Chef Jean Noel, Chef Vicky and Chef Vikram, they are nice people out there preparing nice food and dessert.

Surprising, in the afternoon, in a corner there was a small ice cream palour with a selection of home-made ice cream, with variety of toppings that i appreciated a lot and that too at a very cheap price, but the taste was much more expensive to what we paid.

Without forgetting Mr. Modak, the GM of the Hotel and the whole management team, who without being partial did everything to let our stay at LUX* Belle Mare stay Fresh in our memory for life.

Thanks you LUX* Belle Mare & Team, we are coming back soon

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite, you get a view over the ocean and I would personally recommned the Me...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Swaroopsingh B
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've spent a wonderful holiday in LUX BELLE MARE for my trip in Mauritius during Sep.17th to 22th with my friend. Thanks for the staffs from Lux belle mare, their hospitality and consideration make me and my friend fully enjoy the whole holiday. Especially want to thanks to 2 employees from Lux belle mare : 1. Zijun, a Chinese gal, very patient and considerate, provided us a brief introduction of hotel and Mauritius which help us get a good beginning of holiday. Meanwhile, I admit a taking in mandarin is more easier and relax, even I can speak English. 2. Mr. Navin, the driver of Auto "Touareg", He is an excellent driver as well as tour guide, with his helping, we have had a unforgettable lesson about Mauritius and planting. Mr. Navin, I still remember you said you will send me the pictures of beautiful ocean around Mauritius. Lol~ I also want to thanks to the man whom work in the right reception desk and helped me book the "Touareg", Sorry I've lost your name information, anyway your good recommendation is appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wien
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a great time in a wonderful Resort but what makes it Special is the hospitality and friendliness of the staff General but a few made our stay to a wonderful experience.
Special Thanks to Sheila, Roopesh and the Cafe Lux Team with Sailesh, Fabrice and Punjab. Normally we never visit a Hotel twice but we are thinking about coming back because of you ;-)

The new renovated rooms are very stylish and nice and the housekeeping Team is great.
Best Bed i ever had in a Hotel.
Food in the a la carte Restaurants is great and dont miss the signature Dessert at East. Only Pity was that the beach Restaurant was closed due to renovations during our stay. A notice in advance or on the Homepage would have been nice.

The Buffets varying from amazing to a bit dissapointing and most dishes were not really hot.

Watersports Team offers amazing Facilities and thanks to Gerald for teaching me monoski

Room Tip: New renovated rooms away from the Pool. Music is till 11 PM sometimes a bit loud
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,482 reviews

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!