“Probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is definitely the best hotel I have ever stayed at. We were there for 6 nights and had the most incredible experience. The staff were absolutely fantastic. My parents came to stay for one night and they had the most memorable experience. Nothing was ever too much trouble. The housekeeping staff should be commended. The lady who did our room could see that I had folded a saree the wrong way and put it right for me. I am also allergic to shellfish and the kitchen staff were just amazing. We never went to the a la carte restaurant as the buffet food was great and we really enjoyed it. However, as it is a theme every night, we would have ended up going to the a la carte in the evening if we had stayed longer. We did have lunch at the a la carte which was great. The bar was great, had some really nice cocktails. We were on half board and although we ended up with a bar/lunch bill at the end of our stay, I don't think we would go for all inclusive next time as it is still not as much as paying for the all inclusive option (however, we did have a car and spent our days visiting places). I really enjoyed the beach, there is a little formation of rocks which one can look at all day long! All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Asheya P
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Ayesha P, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced a delightful holiday with us. I thank you for the detailed and wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort from the spacious and comfortable rooms, the beautiful landscaping, variety and quality of food and beverage experiences and the various service experiences you had with the team here. The resort lays a lot of importance on creating special moments for all of our guests and I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon;

Ashish Modak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (739)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I just want to write one thing.....PERFECT !!!! Location...food....service....kids club....staff...10/10.we were sad to go but already making plans to cum back soon :)special thanks to Marius....he is awesome !!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Shanila15
Dear Shanila 15, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for this wonderful review for us. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and that the team managed to create some golden memories for you. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday soon;

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The best resort hotel we have ever experienced and we have travelled extensively, this being our third trip to Mauritius. The unbelievably attentive staff and the wonderfully delicious food were the highlights for us. From the minute we arrived, we were made to feel very special and that all the staff were there to make it the holiday of a lifetime. That special feeling was delivered by staff at all levels.
The hotel with its large pool, is situated on a long, white sandy beach, where you can walk for miles. Being on the east coast there is a cooling breeze making it ideal for many of the available water sports. The evening entertainment is of a high standard and the Spa is so serene you feel transported to another world.
Our suite, facing the sea and overlooking the gazebo and carp pond, was very comfortable in newly decorated light shades, and spacious with two decking areas. Fizz and fruit awaited our arrival. It was kept immaculate, being serviced twice daily. We were able to view a villa. It could have come straight from an interior design exhibition. If your finances can stretch to it and you desire complete privacy, a villa is for you.
I cannot over emphasise the attentive yet unobtrusive service from the staff. From day one they address you by name and very quickly remember you preferences. There are too many to mention individually but some have to be highlighted.
The general manager, Ashish, for it is due to his managerial skills that the overall standard within the hotel is so high. Anatolie & Sheila in the front office who keep everything running smoothly.
Chefs, Vik, (Senses), Vickram (East) whose culinary skills are a delight to the taste buds and who discussed our personal banquet with us. Vikesh, senior chef in The Kitchen who with great patience and pride provided the cookery lesson. Raven, restaurants' manager, who ensured I had my favourite dessert of profiteroles and Sanjiv, manager of The Terrace/Bar. Also Neha, whose lovely smile lit up the room as she welcomed you at Senses and East.
My husband wants a special mention for Vicky, bartender in The Bar who always provided first class service with a smile and total professionalsim and I want to especially mention Deepak for his gentle, unassuminmg manner while graciously serving in the restaurants. Apologies to those not mentioned but their input was no less appreciated.
The little touches we really enjoyed were:- 1.The daily provision of bottled water in our suite.
2. Live, varied music at The Terrace most lunchtimes. 3. Cafe Lux, the coffee bar providing delicious coffee which is blended and roasted on site by the very enthusiastic barista, Fabrice. The coffee here is complimentary to everyone till 10.30 each morning.
We highly recommend the hotel Lux Belle Mare and hope to return in the very near future.

Room Tip: Perhaps a request for a recently refurbished suite
5 Thank robertabrien
Dear robertabrien, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced a perfect holiday with us. I thank you for the detailed and wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort from the spacious and comfortable rooms, the huge pool, the beautiful landscaping of the gardens in the resort, variety and quality of food and beverage experiences and the various special touches on offer like the Café LUX*. A big Thank you for also mentioning the various team members who stood out and made their mark on your experiences at the resort. All of our team members continually strive to provide top notch and genuine service to all our guests and your review is a great reinforcement of our belief that we are moving in the right direction. The resort lays a lot of importance on creating special moments for all of our guests by offering a wide choice of unique experiences and I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon;

Gibraltar
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Overall, the hotel was excellent. We stayed there in early September for 1 week and loved it.

Upon arrival everything went smoothly, we checked in, loved our very spacious room, and the champagne they had left out for us.

The food is great - loved the a la carte options moreso than the buffet - but you have to be concious to book these in advance. Lunchtime was great, relaxed with everything you could want on the menu. The all-inlcusive option we went for was definately a wise choice as everything was included. Even the wine available on the all-inclusive option is excellent. Coffee is available all day, as are snacks. You really cannot want for more.

The only point which I would make is that service can sometimes be a bit slow. On holiday, however, this is not a problem.

The Spa is great. We went for 5 different massages on 5 separate occasions, and they were all as good as each other.

Finally, we took advantage of the diving centre. The diving guys are great, quite relaxed and generally very on the ball. On going diving at another centre, there was a bit of a hiccup over payment, and the staff at the Belle Mare could not have been more appologetic (even though it was not a huge issue!!).

All in all, a great hotel with great service, if all you want to do is relax for a week

2 Thank GemGib
Dear GemGib, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced an "excellent holiday" with us. I thank you for the wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort which makes us special. I am glad we stood up to your expectations.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Anand & Mala

My husband and myself stayed at Lux Belle Mare on the 5th and 6th of October 2013, these two days were a time to remember, we had the best time ever. We travel a lot around the world and have stayed at many different hotel but Lux Belle Mare was one of the best we have stayed. The location was perfect, 'absolute paradise', the white sand and and blue lagoon was unmatched by any other resort we have been. We stayed all inclusive and this is a must because it is real VIP treatment. The service was excellent and people who works there are real professional, friendly and always made you feel special. We want to mention few people who made our stay 'special'. Ramess Dussoye was very professional in his role, he made sure that we received a fantastic service and that we were looked after wherever we were spending our time in the hotel. the bar team were excellent and knew how to make you feel special, Bavish and Yogesh at the bar deserve special praise for their very friendly attitude towards us and all the special drinks they brought us, Thank you to them, well done!. Marius at the reception was very helpful. Roopesh at the Thai a La Carte restaurant was excellent in making sure we had made the right choice of food and I was not feeling very well that night, he was very caring and brought me a special tea to sooth my digestive system. Chris made sure we always had the best seating in the restaurant at breakfast time.Food in all the restaurant were the best especially the sea food and the succulent steaks my husband had. From our previous visit the sega night is a must, excellent entertainment.

Anand & Mala Boojihawon from Nottingham ,UK

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mala B
Dear Mala B, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautifully worded and detailed review for us. You have highlighted the various food and beverage features which make our resort special and I thank you for mentioning all these various culinary and service aspects of the resort. We genuinely believe our resort combines the best of all the essential elements to make a beach holiday special. You have listed names of some of our team members who made your stay extra special by their passion and dedication and I thank you for mentioning these STARS of ours. I have personally complimented them post this review. We hope to see you back soon for a yet another wonderful holiday with us;

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited the Lux Belle Mar at the end of September for two weeks and we had the most incredible and memorable holiday. Every element of our holiday had been considered and thought out, resulting in a relaxing and luxurious holiday experience.

Quick overview of all the key factors -
ACCOMODATION
Our room was one of the older style junior suite and we were very happy with the room. It was very spacious for the two of us, with a large bathroom and walk in wardrobe. The service of the housekeeping team was exceptional, above and beyond service I have encountered anywhere else before.

FOOD
Sometimes when staying all inclusive you can find the food offerings repetitive, however even staying for 12 days we did not experience this. The wide range of cuisine was exquisite - we particularly loved the Indian and Mauritian nights. All our hard work at the gym pre-holiday was put to shame in a matter of days, as we couldn't help but have seconds at every mealtime and for every course! We also ate at East, which was also fantastic. I highly recommend the Teriyaki beef.

I could go on for a long time referencing our favourite dishes but I'd be here all day, ultimately this was a different dining experience from most hotels you visit. Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner - it was all wonderful. I also want to mention that the attentiveness of the staff, who offered a consistently quick and friendly service always with a smile.

Drinks - we have discovered a new love of rum!

Coffee/Snacks - there was a coffee shop which was great to stop by anytime you fancied a hot drink or slice of fresh cake.

Final thought - we were in Mauritius for a wedding, which was hosted at another Lux property. I'd like to thank the chef and his team who prepared the food for us, as it was a once in a lifetime experience.

SPA
We used the spa most days, heading over as the sun set on the beach. It was the perfect setting to chill out in before getting ready for dinner with a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. We both had massages during our stay and I can't recommend the relaxation massage enough. The team in the spa were helpful, accommodating and very welcoming. It's also worth noting the plunge pool clears any hangovers almost instantly! (note aforementioned Rum)

ENTERTAINMENT
We enjoyed all the entertainment on offer, even the night when there were only a handful of us left after the main entertainment had finished, the staff kindly put music on for us to have a dance around to.

During the day the classes, games and watersports on offer were fab. I particularly enjoyed the morning yoga and meditation classes, having the opportunity to be taught by someone with real knowledge and passion, whilst sat under a palm tree, looking out over the beach was an incredible experience.

The boathouse team looked after us for waterskiing, snorkelling and pedalos and we enjoyed the beach volleyball too. You can take it as easy as you like, or be spoilt for choice with activities. We did venture in to the gym, which had everything you needed, as well as a number of fitness classes.

Although we didn't make it to see a film, the cinema set up under the stars looked beautiful.

THE RESORT
The beach and the grounds of the resort are kept immaculately. The effort that goes into keeping the hotel looking so beautiful was not missed by us, the grounds team were constantly making sure everything was perfect. Every night the candlelit walk up to the main building for dinner took my breath away. It really did feel magical.

During the day we all constantly commented on the beautiful stretch of beach we were on, the colour of the water will stay with me for a long time. We loved the huge multicoloured bean bags that we were able to use each day on the beach - it was a new level of beach comfort.

The beach team looked after our every request, drinks, food, towels, offering to clean our sunglasses, bringing us coconuts to drink, nothing was a problem. It really was 5* service.

There were small treats all over the place which made us smile - the red phone box (to phone home for free), the wardrobe that appeared full of rum and mixers, the small touches at dinner like offering beautiful bindis on the Indian night, free massages hidden in bottles on the beach....it never stopped impressing us. Also it's worth noting that although the resort was full when we visited, it never felt crowded or busy.

I don't have a single negative thing to say about our stay at the Lux Belle Mare. If you have doubts about booking a holiday here, forget them immediately and go, you won't regret it. We booked with Mauritius Holiday (mauritius.com) who were also fantastic in organising everything for us.

We travelled with a large group of friends and there was not one person who didn't have a fantastic time, we all felt truly spoilt. A big thank you to everyone at Lux who made our holiday such a special time, it was all appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: As we travelled in a large group, we got to see in a number of the rooms and all were excellent. One...
5 Thank cmba20
Dear cmba20, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced a holiday of your dreams with us. I thank you for the detailed and wonderfully written review. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort from the spacious and comfortable rooms, the huge pool, the beautiful landscaping of the gardens in the resort, variety and quality of food and beverage experiences and the various special touches on offer like the Screen on the beach and the wellness experiences like Yoga. The resort lays a lot of importance on creating special moments for all of our guests by offering a wide choice of unique experiences and I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon;

Peregian Springs, Australia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed at LUX Belle Mare with our one year-old son for 2 weeks, from the 21st September until the 5th October 2013.

LUX Belle Mare is paradise. We had an incredible holiday, and I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel/piece of heaven to anyone. It's as if we were ensconced in a cocoon of utter luxury for 2 weeks - a perfect getaway.

We stayed in a ground floor suite for 11 nights, and upgraded to a villa (Dame Creole) for 3 nights, on an all-inclusive package. The food was all excellent, the menus varied, and there's no reason to go outside of the package unless you feel like indulging in Crayfish and Don Perignon (Tip : try the Gourmet Picnic Basket!). The all-inclusive winelist is really good, as are the cocktails. The ice-cream and coffee bars are just as good as they look in the photos. The architecture of the main buildings, superbly designed around the beautiful pool, enhance the atmosphere of tranquility and peace.

The beach itself should also be mentioned - definitely the best beach on the east side of the island (and must be a contender for best beach in Mauritius).

If you can manage it at all, the upgrade to a villa is a must, even if just for a night or two. The pure luxury, the additional privacy, and the experience of having a butler on call with free room service - it's rock star living!

What sets LUX Belle Mare apart is the service - the sense you get from everyone you interact with: that you are a valued guest and that nothing is too much trouble. It is for exceptional service that we feel we must single out some individuals for special mention : Rishi, Vitish, and Anjuv - our fantastic beach crew ; Dave and Stephan in the Kitchen ; Carun at the pool ; Gopee and Orane at the front desk ; Jennifer, who arranged some wonderful events and convinced me to upgrade to a villa! ; Sanjiv at the bar (Logan misses you!) ; Chandan, Videsh, and Pravind - our private butlers during our time at the villa ; Thank you very much for making our stay so special. We hope to visit again as soon as possible!

Room Tip: Refurbished ground floor units in the garden are the way to go. If you can manage it - the villas!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and experienced a "fantastic holiday" with us. I thank you for the detailed and wonderfully written review of yours. You have mentioned all the various aspects of the resort which makes us special. A big Thank you for also mentioning the various team members who stood out and made their mark on your experiences at the resort. All of our team members continually strive to provide top notch and genuine service to all our guests and your review is a great reinforcement of our belief that we are moving in the right direction. The resort lays a lot of importance on creating special moments for all of our guests by offering a wide choice of unique experiences and I am glad we stood up to your expectations. We hope to see you back soon;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!