“The Devils is in the detail”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We have spent 10 days in Lux* Belle Mare. As it is with luxury resorts it all comes to detail and frankly we expected a bit more. But to the point:
+ the place looks like on a postcard. Fantastic complex with stunning views.
+ we were accommodated in seaside junior suite which is spacious and very well furnished
+ reception staff and housekeeping was excellent, so was the coffee shop (great idea)
+ great spa facilities with reasonable prices (you can buy packages which guarantee discounts)

- unfortunately the room next door was being renovated and we enjoyed sounds of drills and hammers
- so was the beach bar and lying on the beach close to it was quite bothersome
- the hotel allows smoking on the beach, I didn't enjoy being a passive smoker
- lunch service was terribly slow, our record was 80 minutes wait for a starter
- choice of meals for dinner and breakfast was quite limited. The Chef loves curry... After 5 days we were pretty bored with the food
- get yourself a notepad to remember what's in which package as even all inclusive we took excludes some items (like juice in the coffee shop)

Maybe we had our expectations high but overall stay is not more than average.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ChuckSW5

Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband n i travelled from perth Australia & were on our honeymoon ,My husband and I stayed at the lux bell mare August 16~22 , the staff were truly amazing they helped with our every need , our romantic honeymoon dinner in the gazebo was picture perfect , the pristine water was absolutely gawgus , the food was Devine , some nights the food was too spicy for my self so staff had insisted to have the chef to cook me a non spicy dish , which I appreciated , the breakfast was to die for , our room was always clean n tidy I could not fault this resort at all and look forward to coming back :) i loved the fact the staffed made u feel very welcomed I highly advice u to travel here it is well worth it , one happy wife

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlene P
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent 2 excellent weeks in Lux* Belle Mare last August.
At our arrival, we've been told that we would be upgraded 2 days later and indeed we've moved to the "Maharajah suite ". It was just amazing with its own jacuzzis, one outside on the top roof and one inside! It was pure luxury!
We've been well looked after by all the staff but specially by Yashvi, Vikash and Sheila who decorated the bedroom on my birthday. So thoughtful!
The restaurants and activities were top class. Very good and well looked after by all and Dolores, Jennifer( thanks for the cakes), Jean Pierre at the gymn made our stay very special. The managers were all very close to hand when any little issues occured and all were sorted very quickly, like when my daughter slipped while running. They were very good in anticipating all your needs.
We'd love to stay again!
Lydia M

Room Tip: They are all very good but if you can afford it go for the Maharajah suite!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I must say it's dicey to go to a place just based on online reviews and pictures but we were shocked! The experience is way better than our research, as it goes " you have to see it to believe it" .. We spent 5 nights at the resort for our honeymoon.. We had just been from a safari in Kenya and Lux Belle Mare was the perfect highlight of the honeymoon. The property is amazing and serene, the food was above board, hotel entertainment was excellent, above all was the service. Never have I experienced high standards of service like this before. Every staff made us feel at home, Suren in particular was very helpful and made the whole honeymoon experience memorable!

As honeymooners, we got upgraded to the Lux Villas in our last two nights. The experience in the Villas is out of this world. There is nothing short in the villas which comes with its private pool, a private beach and a butler. The details in the villas are unique.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to any one seeking true experience of a holiday.

Room Tip: Try booking the Villa's.. Its an experience you don't want to miss!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I cannot more highly recommend Lux Grand Gaube, my fiance and I stayed there for one week and it was heavenly! Rooms were very neat and tidy with great added extras, service was amazing, all staff were happy and more than willing to go the extra mile!
I will definitely be going back and hoping to have my wedding there one day!
I would recommend going the all inclusive package as it offers sooo much variety!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Best service, best buffet we have had anywhere and with plenty of activities to entertain. A lovely place to share our anniversary. It was a pity the Beach Bar was being renovated, but so good was the rest, we didn't miss it.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to celebrate the birthday of my daughter on the 03rd August... We were so delighted with the welcoming, the service, the profesionalism and care from each and every one. My daughter still talks about it almost everyday. The miniclub is excellent and worth praised. All the Team Members are excellent but some are much more than this namely Sheila, Anatolie, Ravin, Nagessen, Suren, Jennifer, Marius..... These people really make you dream....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 13 in Belle Mare
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!