“Best holiday I have had so far...I loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
“Best holiday I have had so far...I loved it.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed with my daughter as a reward for a very intense year in the 2nd week of July 2013. If this is the winter season then for me it was the best time to go. Nice and warm with a breeze during the day. Cooler in the evening, which turns out fine. You are made to feel welcome the moment you arrive. The friendly staff cannot do enough for you, and always greet you with a smile. I imagine they are trained to make you feel special. Look out for Jennifer, the event manager. Very pleasant lady.
The food was always exciting and all the taste buds were catered for, with food from a different part of the world each evening.
We made sure to book one of the new refurbished suite and were not dissapointed.
However, one thing was missing....Very important for a 5*hotel: Sleepers!!! We had the gown. Where were the sleepers??
Apart from this, I will highly recommend this hotel if you want to get away from everything.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank onyx2811
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Onyx2811, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort here joins me in thanking you for a beautiful review for us. I am glad the passion, genuinity and friendliness of our team stood out and ensured the best ever holiday for you as mentioned by you in the title of your review. Jennifer indeed is a STAR and she ensures all guests are made to feel at home and she joins me in thanking you for mentioning her. I have taken onboard your feedback and will work on it and we hope to see you back soon for a yet another wonderful stay at LUX* Belle Mare!

Ashish Modak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (684)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my wife to Mauritius for her 50th birthday and we had a fantastic time right from the moment we were told we were being upgraded from a junior suite to a villa. The hotel was recommended by Lee at Mauritius Holidays and he was spot on with his advice. The hotel and facilities provided are designed to satisfy the needs and requirements of all types of traveller. The staff are friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make sure you have a holiday to remember. Regardless of their role at the hotel the staff were all helpful and respectful and always referred to and remembered your name from Negessen in management to Provind, Videsh, Shandan at the villa, Chica at the pool bar and Patrick and Medge at activities who joined us in games of pétanque in the afternoon. All inclusive is definitely recommended as the cost of a few cocktails a day could destroy the holiday budget. The food was varied and of a good standard with a choice of restaurants to eat in although strangely some of the restaurants carried a supplement in the evening when they did not during the day for similar food ? The villa was spacious and kept spotlessly clean with linen and towels changed on a daily basis and more if necessary. The room was kept stocked with all necessities from water, drinks, fruit, toiletries. There were lots of nice touches to make the holiday even more memorable such as canapés delivered to your room before you went out in the evening to snacks on your return to acknowledging when we were happy for staff to clean the room. As someone not given to compiling reviews, I would definitely recommend the Lux Belle Mare as a holiday destination.

Room Tip: If you can afford a villa then I would recommend it as the additional staff attention and privacy is...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Glendaruel1960
Dear Glendaruel 1960, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for a beautiful and detailed review for us on this forum. You have detailed all the various facilities and features which make us special in your review. From the spacious and comfortable rooms and villas, the vast stretch of white soft sandy beach, the beautifully landscaped gardens and public areas, the focus on quality offerings in food and beverage and to the friendliness and genuinity of pour team members; we believe that we have a resort experience which is certainly one of the best in Mauritius and your review reinforces our belief. Thank you for mentioning some of our STARS in your review.We hope that you shall return soon for another wonderful and relaxing stay with us;

Pune, India
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I were on a holiday in Mauritius for a week (from 17th July to 23rd July) and we selected Lux Belle Mare after a lot of research online. We liked the property right from the moment we stepped in. Some of the positives were:
1. Staff - they were very courteous, never getting flustered our irritated
2. Beach - beach is really nice, most importantly it is not rocky so you can freely walk around without the fear of hurting yourself. You can go for a swim in the ocean, Lux has cordon an area so guests can feel safe while taking a swim.
3. Rooms - rooms are really nice, cozy yet spacious; the best part is that all of them are beach facing so you don't have to worry about allocation
4. Free international phone facility at the hotel was really handy. Honestly, never expected it.

Just one suggestion from our side:
Food - the food was good but options were very limited during lunch hours especially for guests who are vegetarian. It will be great if more options can be made available.

We would like to thank all the staff members for making our stay a memorable one. Special thanks to Dave who made sure we were comfortable when we used to visit the Beach restaurant at the resort or any other restaurant. Also, a special thanks to Chef Visakh and Chef Daneesh for taking time out to show us how to cook Pasta and Lasagna, we really enjoyed the session.

We will surely recommend this property to our friends and family.

Thanks

Dhaval & Tushti

P.S. - Pardon us if we have misspelt the names.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dhaval M
Dear Dhaval M, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your detailed and beautiful review for us. You have listed the four main reasons which make us special.. Team, Beach, Rooms and the various experiences like Phone Home - essentially all the key features of a relaxing beach holiday. I have taken your feedback of limited choice of vegetarian items for lunch on board and happy to inform you that starting 1st of September we shall be having a completely new look menu for lunch including plenty of vegetarian options. Team members mentioned by you - Dave, Chefs Vikash and Daneesh are indeed our STARS and like all of our team members make genuine efforts to ensure all our guests go back delighted with their stay and experience at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday with us;

Mauritius
Reviewed August 6, 2013

i would like to thank all the staff of lux bellemare hotel who made my weekend memorable.the whole working personnel are so kind and helpful. they take care of all our little needs. i would like to thank ramesh the F&B manager,ravin who made our wed anniversary a memorable moment. thanks to sheila at the reception,pooja of the coffee shop. oh my god the coffee is so excellent. the whole staff of the bar and of course the beach boys.the spa is excellent without forgetting the hitech gym. guys thanks for all .you all make us feel special and we were very happy. we will surely come again.what i like about this hotel is that you dont feel like alien like in other hotel.
FROM James ,asha DREPAUL family and shashi sookun family., and cheekory family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank drepaul a
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Drepaul A, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautiful review for us. I am glad that our team ensured that the stay for you and your whole group was pleasant and memorable one. Our team is one of our biggest assets and your review confirms this belief of ours. Thank you for listing names of our STARS who made a difference to you; I have complimented them personally post your review. All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another wonderful stay;

Sincerely;

Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were there for our long awaited honeymoon from 21 - 26 May. The honeymoon suite is just amazing and I love the colonial touch in the room.

Staff are friendly and go out of the way to ensure we have a good stay. A big thank you to the conceige team who help us to arrange our bookings for car and sky diving which is an unforgetable experience.

We will definately be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing the sea is my favorate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isabelle W
Dear Isabelle W, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for choosing us for your honeymoon stay and I am glad that the resort, services and the team stood up to your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us next year!

Mauritius
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a local, we wanted to have a week end break at the hotel. Went there for the weekend of 03 August 2013 with wife and two sons, 4 and 6 years old. Did not know what to expect. But as from the front gate, the staff were incredible. It was as if they were only waiting for me. We were taken into care. Properly greeted, without any flaw. On the parking the baggage boy was waiting for us. We were directed to the reception counter where Miss Orane took care of everything. We arrived at the hotel at 1300 hrs whilst the checkin time is normally 1400 hrs. So we were thinking of visiting around before we go in our room. But to our surprise Orane told us that they were expecting us and that our room was ready for several hours. The room was great. And I'm not exaggerating here. Been to several hotel in Europe, and Singapore, but this room is the best I've stayed in and it's not even the premium package. Room 1020. Nearly everything was included in our half board package including the SPA. As locals we were not really interested in the beach or sea, and still enjoyed all the activities prepared by the hotel staff to entertain the guest on the beach and sea. The most surprising of all was that I do not know how the staff knew that it's was our anniversary (I guess I might have slipped it in our conversation) but before dinner, a bottle of champagne with sushi, strawberries, chocolate and snacks were delivered in our room from the F&B manager I think, Mr. Ramsess. We thought its was delivered to the wrong room but no it wasn't.
The dinner was exquisite. We had Asian night so, we got to eat Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai etc. The breakfast in the morning was another feast. We had to try hard not to over-eat. Thankfully the hotel has a great gym to burn the extra calories we took.
The best thing about this hotel is the staffs. Sheila at the front counter, Pooja smile at the clock coffee bar and all the staffs were very dedicated to make our stay wonderful. Lux staffs made me feel proud to be Mauritian and showed me what the legendary Mauritian politeness means.
On check out, which is 1100 hrs, we were told that we can still enjoy all the hotel activities until we go without any extra charge. We enjoyed it another 6 hours, my kids went to the kids clubs and swimming pool. I went for the gym and beach activities and my wife enjoyed the SPA.
Thank you LUX... See you soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shashi S
Dear Shashi S, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for a detailed and wonderful review for us. We are happy that you enjoyed the weekend stay and that the team here managed to create some lasting memories for you. You have mentioned some of our key managers like Ramess and Sheila in your comment. Both of them reflect true passion, genuinity and an unparalleled desire to serve our guests which then is taken forward by all our team members and I thank you for mentioning them as also our team members like Pooja and Orane in your review. All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back for a yet another enjoyable weekend stay with us;

Warm regards,
Sutherland, South Africa
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unexpectedly we thought for a break in Mauritius and were recommended Lux Belle Mare.
From day one to departure it was indeed surprising as we visited the property four years back.Top notch room with an amazing bed with an incredible eye for details in regards in the keep of the room. Food & beverage excellent especially organizing the birthday of my 4 year old son.Indeed Ravin & Raj exceeded our expectation the way and swiftness they organized the event.
Even the surprise in room was well thought. No doubt we shall visit the the resort soon and we highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Krista206
Dear Krista 206, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your beautiful review for us. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and I thank you for mentioning two of our key management team members in your review - Ravin and Raj. I have complimented the two of them as also the entire Housekeeping team for their attention to detail as mentioned by you. We hope to see you again for a yet another amazing stay with us soon;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#2 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!