“Birthday treat long awaited honeymoon 24 years late”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat long awaited honeymoon 24 years late”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my wife to Mauritius for her 50th birthday and we had a fantastic time right from the moment we were told we were being upgraded from a junior suite to a villa. The hotel was recommended by Lee at Mauritius Holidays and he was spot on with his advice. The hotel and facilities provided are designed to satisfy the needs and requirements of all types of traveller. The staff are friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make sure you have a holiday to remember. Regardless of their role at the hotel the staff were all helpful and respectful and always referred to and remembered your name from Negessen in management to Provind, Videsh, Shandan at the villa, Chica at the pool bar and Patrick and Medge at activities who joined us in games of pétanque in the afternoon. All inclusive is definitely recommended as the cost of a few cocktails a day could destroy the holiday budget. The food was varied and of a good standard with a choice of restaurants to eat in although strangely some of the restaurants carried a supplement in the evening when they did not during the day for similar food ? The villa was spacious and kept spotlessly clean with linen and towels changed on a daily basis and more if necessary. The room was kept stocked with all necessities from water, drinks, fruit, toiletries. There were lots of nice touches to make the holiday even more memorable such as canapés delivered to your room before you went out in the evening to snacks on your return to acknowledging when we were happy for staff to clean the room. As someone not given to compiling reviews, I would definitely recommend the Lux Belle Mare as a holiday destination.

Room Tip: If you can afford a villa then I would recommend it as the additional staff attention and privacy is...
3 Thank Glendaruel1960
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Glendaruel 1960, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for a beautiful and detailed review for us on this forum. You have detailed all the various facilities and features which make us special in your review. From the spacious and comfortable rooms and villas, the vast stretch of white soft sandy beach, the beautifully landscaped gardens and public areas, the focus on quality offerings in food and beverage and to the friendliness and genuinity of pour team members; we believe that we have a resort experience which is certainly one of the best in Mauritius and your review reinforces our belief. Thank you for mentioning some of our STARS in your review.We hope that you shall return soon for another wonderful and relaxing stay with us;

Ashish Modak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pune, India
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I were on a holiday in Mauritius for a week (from 17th July to 23rd July) and we selected Lux Belle Mare after a lot of research online. We liked the property right from the moment we stepped in. Some of the positives were:
1. Staff - they were very courteous, never getting flustered our irritated
2. Beach - beach is really nice, most importantly it is not rocky so you can freely walk around without the fear of hurting yourself. You can go for a swim in the ocean, Lux has cordon an area so guests can feel safe while taking a swim.
3. Rooms - rooms are really nice, cozy yet spacious; the best part is that all of them are beach facing so you don't have to worry about allocation
4. Free international phone facility at the hotel was really handy. Honestly, never expected it.

Just one suggestion from our side:
Food - the food was good but options were very limited during lunch hours especially for guests who are vegetarian. It will be great if more options can be made available.

We would like to thank all the staff members for making our stay a memorable one. Special thanks to Dave who made sure we were comfortable when we used to visit the Beach restaurant at the resort or any other restaurant. Also, a special thanks to Chef Visakh and Chef Daneesh for taking time out to show us how to cook Pasta and Lasagna, we really enjoyed the session.

We will surely recommend this property to our friends and family.

Thanks

Dhaval & Tushti

P.S. - Pardon us if we have misspelt the names.

2 Thank Dhaval M
Dear Dhaval M, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your detailed and beautiful review for us. You have listed the four main reasons which make us special.. Team, Beach, Rooms and the various experiences like Phone Home - essentially all the key features of a relaxing beach holiday. I have taken your feedback of limited choice of vegetarian items for lunch on board and happy to inform you that starting 1st of September we shall be having a completely new look menu for lunch including plenty of vegetarian options. Team members mentioned by you - Dave, Chefs Vikash and Daneesh are indeed our STARS and like all of our team members make genuine efforts to ensure all our guests go back delighted with their stay and experience at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful holiday with us;

Mauritius
Reviewed August 6, 2013

i would like to thank all the staff of lux bellemare hotel who made my weekend memorable.the whole working personnel are so kind and helpful. they take care of all our little needs. i would like to thank ramesh the F&B manager,ravin who made our wed anniversary a memorable moment. thanks to sheila at the reception,pooja of the coffee shop. oh my god the coffee is so excellent. the whole staff of the bar and of course the beach boys.the spa is excellent without forgetting the hitech gym. guys thanks for all .you all make us feel special and we were very happy. we will surely come again.what i like about this hotel is that you dont feel like alien like in other hotel.
FROM James ,asha DREPAUL family and shashi sookun family., and cheekory family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank drepaul a
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Drepaul A, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautiful review for us. I am glad that our team ensured that the stay for you and your whole group was pleasant and memorable one. Our team is one of our biggest assets and your review confirms this belief of ours. Thank you for listing names of our STARS who made a difference to you; I have complimented them personally post your review. All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for another wonderful stay;

Sincerely;

Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were there for our long awaited honeymoon from 21 - 26 May. The honeymoon suite is just amazing and I love the colonial touch in the room.

Staff are friendly and go out of the way to ensure we have a good stay. A big thank you to the conceige team who help us to arrange our bookings for car and sky diving which is an unforgetable experience.

We will definately be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing the sea is my favorate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Isabelle W
Dear Isabelle W, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for choosing us for your honeymoon stay and I am glad that the resort, services and the team stood up to your expectations. We hope to welcome you back to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with us next year!

Mauritius
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As a local, we wanted to have a week end break at the hotel. Went there for the weekend of 03 August 2013 with wife and two sons, 4 and 6 years old. Did not know what to expect. But as from the front gate, the staff were incredible. It was as if they were only waiting for me. We were taken into care. Properly greeted, without any flaw. On the parking the baggage boy was waiting for us. We were directed to the reception counter where Miss Orane took care of everything. We arrived at the hotel at 1300 hrs whilst the checkin time is normally 1400 hrs. So we were thinking of visiting around before we go in our room. But to our surprise Orane told us that they were expecting us and that our room was ready for several hours. The room was great. And I'm not exaggerating here. Been to several hotel in Europe, and Singapore, but this room is the best I've stayed in and it's not even the premium package. Room 1020. Nearly everything was included in our half board package including the SPA. As locals we were not really interested in the beach or sea, and still enjoyed all the activities prepared by the hotel staff to entertain the guest on the beach and sea. The most surprising of all was that I do not know how the staff knew that it's was our anniversary (I guess I might have slipped it in our conversation) but before dinner, a bottle of champagne with sushi, strawberries, chocolate and snacks were delivered in our room from the F&B manager I think, Mr. Ramsess. We thought its was delivered to the wrong room but no it wasn't.
The dinner was exquisite. We had Asian night so, we got to eat Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Thai etc. The breakfast in the morning was another feast. We had to try hard not to over-eat. Thankfully the hotel has a great gym to burn the extra calories we took.
The best thing about this hotel is the staffs. Sheila at the front counter, Pooja smile at the clock coffee bar and all the staffs were very dedicated to make our stay wonderful. Lux staffs made me feel proud to be Mauritian and showed me what the legendary Mauritian politeness means.
On check out, which is 1100 hrs, we were told that we can still enjoy all the hotel activities until we go without any extra charge. We enjoyed it another 6 hours, my kids went to the kids clubs and swimming pool. I went for the gym and beach activities and my wife enjoyed the SPA.
Thank you LUX... See you soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shashi S
Dear Shashi S, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! The entire team at the resort joins me in thanking you for a detailed and wonderful review for us. We are happy that you enjoyed the weekend stay and that the team here managed to create some lasting memories for you. You have mentioned some of our key managers like Ramess and Sheila in your comment. Both of them reflect true passion, genuinity and an unparalleled desire to serve our guests which then is taken forward by all our team members and I thank you for mentioning them as also our team members like Pooja and Orane in your review. All of us are looking forward to welcoming you back for a yet another enjoyable weekend stay with us;

Warm regards,
Sutherland, South Africa
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Unexpectedly we thought for a break in Mauritius and were recommended Lux Belle Mare.
From day one to departure it was indeed surprising as we visited the property four years back.Top notch room with an amazing bed with an incredible eye for details in regards in the keep of the room. Food & beverage excellent especially organizing the birthday of my 4 year old son.Indeed Ravin & Raj exceeded our expectation the way and swiftness they organized the event.
Even the surprise in room was well thought. No doubt we shall visit the the resort soon and we highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Krista206
Dear Krista 206, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your beautiful review for us. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and I thank you for mentioning two of our key management team members in your review - Ravin and Raj. I have complimented the two of them as also the entire Housekeeping team for their attention to detail as mentioned by you. We hope to see you again for a yet another amazing stay with us soon;

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here 21-30 Jul and had an absolute awesome time.We booked a Junior Beach Suite but on arrival to our amazement we were given a 'Honeymoon Suite'!!! We assumed because there were a few rooms undergoing renovation - i would add that the noise was really
minimal so did not spoil our stay in anyway. The room was gorgeous and so spacious, set in beautiful gardens facing onto the sea. Our room maid 'Babita' was absolutely lovely, always greeted us with a big smile and always asked how we were. She also asked us at the
start of our stay what time would be convenient to clean the room and do 'Turn Down' in the eve, so we were never interrupted. Our room was always kept immaculate and well stocked with Lux Toiletries (very nice), Shower caps, vanity items, tea, coffee, milk, water, minibar items
etc. We need a 'Babita' at home:) One day we got back to the room to find the most beautiful swans and love hearts arrangement on our bed, such a wonderful touch!!!

We ate at all 4 restaurants during our stay, we enjoyed 2 Indian, 1 International, 1 Arabic evening at 'The Kitchen' (all buffet meals). Then we ate a la carte at 'The Beach', 'Senses' and 'East' (you need to prebook for these). The food at all four restaurants was excellent
as was the service we received but we have to say our favourite restaurant was 'East':) The food and presentation was exquisite, my partner and i both agreed that the Beef Tenderloin with Teryaki Sauce was just divine, we have eaten steak in many nice restaurants around the world
but without a shadow of doubt this steak was truly AMAZING!!! the best steak we have tasted EVER!!! It was great to be able to convey our comments personally to the chef whilst we were there.We would very much like to commend the first class service we received from Roopesh
(Restaurant Manager) and Ashvin they were extremely attentive on both our visits, always checking we were happy with our meal but not intrusively so, a totally first class service:) On a couple of occasions we were greeted by Roopesh at breakfast, he always greeted us
by name and maintained the same first class service at all times. After consuming all this lovely food, what else can a girl do but take full advantage of the daily 'Aquacise' class in the pool, excellent instructors that make it a lot of fun, one day there was only me for the class and the instructor still did the class!!!can't ask for better than that!!! Also there is a well equipped Gym if you really want to go for it, thanks to Patrick (Personal Trainer) who wrote a programme for me (after fitness test), and put me through my paces to help me with me weak areas to help me training for my half marathon on 8th Sep, so i'll be following the plan in between my runs now i'm back home, will miss running on that beautiful beach watching the sunrise:)

Some little problems we encountered were dealt with very promptly and efficiently. We had a problem with an iron that didn't work, we contacted reception and within mins a replacement iron was delivered to our room. My partner developed a throat and chest infection on day 1
and we contacted reception who sent the nurse to our room, who then summoned for the doctor to come, examination and medication all dealt with very quickly and efficiently. On our last day, i couldn't find my engagement ring and also my grandmother's engagement (both of great sentimental value), and was convinced i left them in our room which we had already checked out of, before visiting the beach for the last time. I contacted reception who arranged for Mr Anwar Roojee (Chief Security Officer)to go with me back to the room to search for them but they were not there, my heart sank as i was really at a loss as to what i had done with them. Mr Anwar Roojee was extremely concerned and was so helpful,he gave me his card and suggested once getting back home,if i still could not find the rings, to email him - if i had one - a photo that showed the rings and they could continue to look out for after we left. Whilst we were having coffee he came and asked if i'd maybe found the rings and asked me to fill out an incident report form. When we were getting into the car to leave for the airport he came and asked again if i'd come across the rings (which i hadn't). We were impressed by his concern and helpfulness throughout. However, we all lived happily ever after, i found the rings at the bottom of my beach bag, a classic case of holiday head syndrome!! So very special thanks to Mr Anwar Roojee
for his kind help and concern in helping me search for the rings. Needless to say i've emailed to confirm the rings have been found, and needless to say feeling a tad embarrassed!!

A truly amazing and wonderful holiday - Thank you to everyone at Lux Belle Mare, we hope to return as soon as we can:-)

Viv Churnside & Phil Beaumont

Room Tip: We had room 1033 'Honeymoon Suite', although we were not on Honeymoon, for any Honeymooning...
4 Thank Vivalamu
Dear Vivalamu, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for a detailed and wonderful review for us. I have no words to thank you enough for listing all the various experiences of yours in your comment. I feel so proud to be the leader of such a wonderful team with team members - so committed, so genuine and so focused on delivering the very best to all our guests all the time. I am happy that the rings were found and Anwar's follow up is a classic learning for all of us working in the hospitality industry on how to follow up a matter diligently with the guests. I have gone around and complimented all the team members mentioned by you in the review. Reviews like yours reinforce my belief that we are amongst the finest resorts anywhere in the world and I sincerely thank you for your time in detailing your stay experiences. I do hope that we shall have an opportunity to welcome you back for a yet another wonderful stay with us in the near future;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!