LUX* Belle Mare
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
  • Pool
Le Surcouf Hotel & Spa(Trou d'eau Douce)
  • Restaurant
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)
5,913 results
All reviewsduck laundryfood truckcoffee barrum shackmixe restauranttea houseashish modakbeach rouge restaurantrolls roycekelly hoppenmessage in a bottleice cream parlouramari by vineetour honeymoonevents managerspecial thanksjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

From the day we landed, having a delayed flight, we have been looked after every minute of the day. Our travel arrangements were altered because of the delay of our flight but waiting for us was the transport.
The room was superb and so comfortable. We moved to the villas after a few days and the excellent service continued. The food at this hotel is excellent. There is so much to choose from and if you have a special need it will be catered for. The choice of restaurants allows you to have a special meal when you want.
The beach is so clean and the service excellent, from putting your towels out to cleaning your sunglasses, nothing is too much trouble. Thank you Rischi and team.
The staff are superb and are so friendly, it truly feels like a home from home. We will be looking forward to returning again.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel is excellent but the pool side room offer a superb view as the sun is coming up in the morning.
2  Thank Elizabeth S
PBertrand1, Regional General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Elizabeth S ,
Thank you dear for being so faithful to us! I am glad to see that even the picture you have chosen to accompany your name is one of our famous Flat White coffee!! Delicious isn't it?
I am glad you have appreciated the service, the food and the beach service which has improved a lot lately because of the great leadership of Richie!
Thank you again Elizabeth for continuing to come back to visit us! We all look forward to welcoming you and Edward back to LUX* Belle Mare next year!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I returned to Lux Belle Mare and after staying elsewhere on the island I won't stay anywhere else.

Manager Ashish met me when I arrived to welcome me back to the property personally. It was wonderful to be greeted with a huge smile from all the staff when I arrived.

I was given the opportunity to stay in a villa at the resort and it was an amazing experience we will never forget. The bedding was like a cloud and everything in the room was in perfect working order. Food was incredible and the staff stepped up to any question I had instantly and referred me to whoever I needed to contact to get my question answered.

The resort has incredible amenities and the beach at the hotel in always kept in pristine condition. I've been all over the world and this resort is a gem that I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cxbonne

Dear cxbonne,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments and especially for coming back to visit us after trying other hotels on the island! This means a lot to us!!
Ashish, the General Manager is a true star in the hotel, the great service you have experienced in the resort is a true reflection of his outstanding leadership.
I am glad you have been able to stay in one of our beautiful villas and experience the wonderful service of our 24 hour butlers!
Thank you again. Sincerely, Pascal

Reviewed June 30, 2013

If there is one thing that I want to emphasize for my stay at Lux* Belle Mare, it is their first-class personalized service. I got the warmest greetings from every staff whom I encountered every day and it really feels like you were staying at your private villa on the beautiful Belle Mare beach.

Location: Belle Mare is claimed to be the best beach on the Mauritius island, where the hotel is located. This may not be held true for everyone, but all the other hotspot beaches are scattered on the west coast, which makes LUX Belle Mare the only famed beaches to watch sunrises on.

Room: Comfy, comfy. For extended family travelers, LUX Belle Mare offers connected suites where there is a small door connecting two rooms. Family members don't have to get out of the room to talk to each other.

The Pool is simply spectacular. Breakfasts by the jaded-color pool is mind-refreshing and coffee at the LUX Cafe near the entrance is strongly recommended (and it's FREE during the breakfast time).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear C_Y_Wen ,
Thank you very much for your very kind comments!! Thank you for appreciating our personalized service and greetings all over the resort. The LUX* Belle Mare team members are genuinely warm and caring. After all, the real service comes from the heart!!
I am glad you like the comfort of your room and our now famous Café LUX*!!
For the readers, at LUX* Resorts, we roast our own coffee which is a blend of Brazilian, Guatemalan and Ethiopian coffees.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My Wife (Veda) and I arrived at LUX Belle Mare on the 15 June 2013 and spent 14 amazing nights after booking into a Junior Suite. I am Mauritian and have not visited my homeland in 15 years and decided to take the opportunity to visit my family and celebrated a 2nd Honeymoon at the same time. The LUX Belle Mare Guest Relations Team made us feel at home using Mauritian hospitality which is evidently more than 5 stars. After realizing that my wife was not feeling well from motion sickness, the staff in the Kitchen Restaurant prepared an infusion of lemon grass and ginger mixture to help my wife settle. After this, she was able to eat. (Special thanks goes to Vic and Jay who went beyond the call of duty and provided excellent customer service).
After been out of Mauritius for 15 years and arriving back to visit brought many childhood memories of speaking Creole and eating local food. I had made a request to have salted fish together with watercress soup during Heritage evening and the Vic arranged for this local dish for me for no cost at all. my wife and I were treated as VIP's everywhere we went. The Spa was totally amazing especially the Head, neck and shoulder messages by the Balinese ladies. A couple of days before leaving, we were treated for Cocktails overlooking the beach as well as an upgrade to the honeymoon suite which was totally amazing (Special thanks goes to Jennifer, Sheila as well as Anatolie for their Mauritian friendliness and generosity and making our stay truly hospitable).
Their phone home booth and ice cream parlour are awesome concepts.
Last but not least, I'd like to thank Fabrice for his hospitality in giving my family and I a personal coffee tour at the hotel. LUX Belle Mare has definitely exceeded my expectations and I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort to all I know including my family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms are cleaned at least twice a day and are tidy. Each room has a balcony with easy access to the beach as well as the restaurants. Junior Suite has fresh flowers placed in the rooms and are replaced on a regular basis.

Dear Cateaux ,

Thank you very much for your very nice comments! As a Mauritian, we realize that you probably know a lot of hotels on the island, we really thank you for selecting LUX* Belle Mare to spend your vacation to the home land! Vic is a wonderful gentleman who's empathy is an example for all of us! Thank you for recognizing his talents as well as the ones of Sheila, Jennifer, Anatolie, our Balinese therapists and Fabrice our coffee roaster!!
I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your culinary "retour aux sources" as well!!
We hope to welcoming you and your wife again at LUX* Belle Mare in a not so distant future!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went for a 6 nights trip to Mauritius on Our Honeymoon between 14 June to 20 June 2013 . We booked a Pool Junior suite at the Lux Belle Mare , after reaching there we wanted to have an upgrade of our room . We were shown a honeymoon suite and a Private villa by Mr .Suren (Villa ) . We opted for a private villa , which is fantastic . It has a private swimming pool , a big bath tub, kitchen , dining room , and many more . It was fabulous staying in villa which made the trip magical and memorable .

At Villa we were given many special features like special breakfast & lunch . We were treated as their only guests and every need was taken care like taxi , travel , Shopping , Visits , boat house trips etc . Mr Suren was highly courteous and friendly to us .It was he who suggested Us to opt for Villa @ Lux . He was highly helpful and cooperative . All The staff at Lux were very kind .

Coming to the food we opted a half board so all the breakfast and dinner were at The Kitchen . Every day 1 item of Indian Cuisine were served . We almost got Indian food at the dinner . Other restaurants The East (famous for European food ) , Senses had Indian Dum Biryani , Sea food was fine at The Beach restaurent .

Villa stay was provided with a cocktail and appetizer every evening which were great . Ice cream parlor at the pool was something that one should not miss . Every day fresh fruits were given at villa . Villa had a 1.3 mt deep private swimming pool which was 12X12 feet that was amazing and Honeymooners can not miss this experience . The pool water was not warm but manageable .

Special features like FREE PHONE which enables Us to call home free is noteworthy . Gym And Massage (Spa) were really great .

Finally Our first trip to Mauritius became memorable and the credit goes to LUX and Mr Suren @ Lux Villa .

Thank You LUX for making my honeymoon fabulous and enjoyable .

Sai Krishna & Pavani

Room Tip: I stayed at Pool Junior Suite on the first day , I have seen Honeymoon suite and Villa and finally opted for Villa . If couples are planning for a private holiday or honeymoon then plan for Honey moon Suite and finally if Money is not an issue then upgrade for the best option available at LUX which is Villa .
1  Thank SaiPav