“Wonderful Island, Wonderful Resort”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the LUX Belle Mare in September '12 for 12nights in what turned out to be a unforgettable honeymoon. Firstly, if you are thinking about Mauritius as your honeymoon destination then trust me when I say you won't regret such a choice. The island is truly paradise on earth and whether you are looking for something completely relaxing, multiple activities/sight-seeing or a mixture of both then you will find it in Mauritius.

Now for the resort. I am a hard to please person at the best of times but our stay at the LUX Belle Mare could not have been better. And I truly mean that. The setting of the resort is beautifully laid out and structured. No matter where you are staying everything is close at hand. The grounds themselves are unbelievably clean and tidy and I include the beach in this. Every day the resort had staff outside cleaning up the seaweed etc. And speaking of the beach, it is WITHOUT DOUBT the best in Belle Mare. My wife and I on numerous occasions walked a couple of km each way from the resort and we never saw anything else from other hotels that came remotely close. If the beach isn't your thing then the pool won't disappoint. Again, it is very clean and inviting (apparently one of the biggest on the island). Both the beach and poolside have multiple sun-loungers. There was never an occasion where there wasn't enough for everyone. Furthermore, there are numerous beanbags and hammocks around the grounds for guests to relax on.

We stayed in a Junior suite which was perfect for our needs. I echo a previous reviewer who said the beds are incredible - they really are. The bathrooms have excellent finishes with walk-in showers, sizeable baths, individual sinks etc. There is plenty of storage if like us you were staying for just under two weeks. The rooms are cleaned twice daily with fresh towels, water and fruit delivered and the mini bar refilled if like us you liked to nibble/treat yourself. Absolutely no complaints here.

In terms of what the resorts offers, again I find it very difficult to find faults. There are activities on offer every day of the week, both land and sea. We rarely participated in any of the land ones which included yoga, cooking and tennis but regularly went water-skiing, snorkelling etc which were all included in our package. The boat house also offers scuba diving and other activities (big-game fishing, catermaran etc) at a cost. I would thoroughly recommend swimming with dolphins which was a remarkable experience for both of us.

With regards to food, I have to say I was suitably impressed. The quality of food overall is very, very good especially at "Indouchine" and "The Beach Bar" and with 4 separate places to eat, there is enough choice to cater for all tastes. My wife and I went all inclusive and it was the best decision we made. I would strongly recommend it otherwise expect to spend a reasonable amount of money on food/drinks. The only negative that I will say about the food is that after nearly 2weeks and even with 4 places to choose from daily, the last couple of days where slightly repetitive. However, I'm not naive enough to think that this is only natural and it certainly still made for a better dining experience than some you have in UK cities.

Last but not least, the staff. What can I say apart from WOW. It has been said so many times on Trip Adviser about this resort and for good reason because they are faultless and quite frankly, make this resort what it is. Every single member of staff from front office, cleaning, room service, drivers, waiters, bar staff and every other department are a credit to the LUX organisation. I simply cannot emphasise how pleasant and welcoming these people are, they will do everything possible to ensure that your holiday is a memorable one. And most importantly in my eyes, you can sense that such service is genuine because of the very nature of the Mauritian people who must be one, if not the friendliest nation I've ever visited, and I've been lucky enough to visit to many places across the world.

In conclusion, I could not recommend this resort highly enough. It really does tick so many boxes, especially for couples or people on their honeymoon. As I said at the start, the island of Mauritius really does have so much to offer and if choosing the LUX Belle Mare as your resort, to me it really is a combination that is very difficult to beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke1875
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Luke1875, Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your detailed and beautifully worded review for us. It was special holiday for you and we are glad that the resort stood up to your expectations and beyond. We continually strive to ensure that our service deliveries match the beauty of the destination and the comfort of our rooms. Thank you for detailing the various aspects which made your stay special.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderul and relaxing holiday experience;

Ashish Modak

Write a ReviewReviews (5,640)

Reviewed October 18, 2012

we spent a wonderful week at lux belle mare. we would like to thank ;ravin jennifer and jessica for the special treatment. we are so proud of the professional warm and understanding staff. you really deserve your 5 stars. we highly recommand lux belle mare to anyone with or without children. special thanks to the mini club and the the tennis club.
as for us we will be back in march 2013 for sure.
best regards from m.claire and klara reuling.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny with a good vue
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Klara r; Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! A sincere note of thanks for your review for us on this forum and for highlighting the fact that LUX* Belle Mare is a wonderful place for both couples and families alike. We indeed believe that the way the resort has been designed, it appeals to all guests and coupled with the service and friendliness of our team members; it ensures a delightful and rejuvenating stay for all our guests. Thank yuo for listing some of our STARS. I have personally complimented and thanked them on your behalf.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful stay';

Reviewed October 16, 2012

LUX Belle Mare offers a Mauritian Holiday that is really 5 star and staying at this hotel me and my fiance have had a holiday which everyone dreams about but never experiences. This hotel is special to me, not only because of its 5 star dinning and facilities, but for the loving and warm staff that make you feel at home...no money can really buy the genuine hospitality and service that the staff of LUX Belle Mare offers!! We have stayed at many other hotels on Mauritius, even Le Saint Geran, and this hotel by far exceeded our expectations. We have found our home away from home :)

Room Tip: Loved the classic rooms!! Warm homely feel and very comfortable beds :) also close to the activities...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Johan_Linde
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Johan_Linde, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for your wonderful review for us and we are glad that the resort stood up to your expectations and exceeded them through our service and our facilities and experiences on offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home here in Mauritius in the near future;

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location. Everything is immaculate and well maintained. The welcome was warm and friendly (and prompt!) and the food in all the restaurants was great. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated and easily large enough for a small family like ours! We would recommend this hotel for families or honeymooners or anyone who appreciates a quiet, relaxing hotel in glorious surroundings. This hotel is not for those looking for a noisy, party vibe. Pure class!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SJANDJ
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! The entire team joins me in thanking you for the wonderful review and the beautiful title for your review! We are glad that you had a relaxing and rejuvenating experience with us. Like rightly mentioned by you, the resort is a perfect place for guests looking to unwind and enjoy the relaxed pace of life. Spacious comfortable rooms, the wide stretch of beach, the focus on quality and variety of food and beverage offerings combined with very genuine and caring team ensures a perfect holiday and we are happy you experienced it likewise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home here in Mauritius!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Lux Belle Mare Mauritius...what a gem! Hidden behind its private gates, Lux Belle Mare is truly set in a paradise zone surrounded by white sand and fringing palm trees all engulfed by a turquoise lagoon...the property is amazing and truly reflects the promise set out by the company to offer its guests an opportunity to escape to a lighter and brighter space. Achieving,maintaining and promoting this high level of standard is surely a challenge considering the concentration of top class resorts on the island. However, Lux manages to do so by being different...by giving unsurpassed attention to every detail a guest on holiday craves for and more and yet by inviting you to experience complete freedom in whichever way you seek to do so. From the food creations to the activities that take place every day, all is woven together to reflect true island living and the uniqueness of the Indian Ocean. To top it all of, Lux is embellished with an amazing staff and actually some of them may also become your friends:) a special hello goes to Jennifer at the spa ( be sure to book some of their exclusive treatments ), Sailesh at CafeLux ( delicious and organic! ), Devianne and Kadek! I know, you might be thinking that I am romanticing...in fact I am as I totally fell in love with this place and will treasure memories created and captured there for a lifetime. If you are still undecided as to where to stay in Mauritius, do not hesitate and book at the Lux Belle Mare.Definitely!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bernice C

Dear Bernice C, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for your beautiful review for us. You have detailed the special features of the resort and pointed out the focus of Lux* on being unique and I thank you for the same. We are glad you felt the uniqueness of our concepts and the focus on experiences through your stay. Like Jeniffer, Sailesh, Devianee and Kadek, our team of committed and caring personnel ensure that guests have a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday. I have personally passed on your compliments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for a yet another wonderful holiday;

Warm island regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very high class hostel. Great welcome, high cooking, great location, very friendly team. I highly recommand this destination.
Good mix of local style and design style, several inside restaurants with great cooking (and I'm French, so I have high expectation for cooking ! :-) )
I made a one week family trip and it was a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gantalf

Dear Laurent C, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for such a wonderful review for us on this forum. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and you liked the various meal experiences as also the welcome, location and the interactions with our team. We indeed believe that the resort with its beautiful beach, spacious and comfortable rooms, nice landscaped gardens and a wonderful team is a perfect holiday destination for all guests - families and couples alike and your review reinforces our belief.

We look forward to welcoming you again for a yet another delightful experience with us;

Reviewed October 6, 2012

LUX Belle Mare is the Best of all the Hotels we have ever stayed at. The Staff work incredibly hard to make sure you have everything you need, no job is to difficult for them and there natural politness is outstanding .The place is kept spotlessly clean.
The meals are very good(Ila is vegeterian and she had no issues at all) and in the Beach restaurant they do the most spectacular "Aalooda".Just go and ask Vijay at the beach and he will arrange it what ever time you want….Oh by the way don't forget to try the "madaf"(coconut juice with rhum).
While you are there go and visit Lux Cafe and say hello to Pooja,Fabrice and Shailesh ,you will feel home from home ...we went there every night...
In can honestly say that at the Lux you will feel part of the family and not a Guest.
Finally want to say SPECIAL thank you to Pascal Bertrand,Prema,Akshay,Kishan,Vishal and Arjun.....and all the other staff who made our stay special......Chandresh and Ila PATEL.....watch out for the Patel's we will be back..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chandresh198

Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for the wonderful review for us. We are glad that it was an unforgettable holiday experience for you and right from the arrival till your departure, you experienced a seamless experience through our committed and genuine team members. We are glad that several of our team members made a great impression on you and I have personally passed on your compliments to them. The team joins me in assuring you that we all are looking forward to welcoming you back for a yet another similar experience at your home here in Mauritius!

Warm regards,

#1 of 7 in Grand Gaube
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!