““Hôtel inoubliable””
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed October 6, 2012

LUX Belle Mare is the Best of all the Hotels we have ever stayed at. The Staff work incredibly hard to make sure you have everything you need, no job is to difficult for them and there natural politness is outstanding .The place is kept spotlessly clean.
The meals are very good(Ila is vegeterian and she had no issues at all) and in the Beach restaurant they do the most spectacular "Aalooda".Just go and ask Vijay at the beach and he will arrange it what ever time you want….Oh by the way don't forget to try the "madaf"(coconut juice with rhum).
While you are there go and visit Lux Cafe and say hello to Pooja,Fabrice and Shailesh ,you will feel home from home ...we went there every night...
In can honestly say that at the Lux you will feel part of the family and not a Guest.
Finally want to say SPECIAL thank you to Pascal Bertrand,Prema,Akshay,Kishan,Vishal and Arjun.....and all the other staff who made our stay special......Chandresh and Ila PATEL.....watch out for the Patel's we will be back..

3  Thank chandresh198
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for the wonderful review for us. We are glad that it was an unforgettable holiday experience for you and right from the arrival till your departure, you experienced a seamless experience through our committed and genuine team members. We are glad that several of our team members made a great impression on you and I have personally passed on your compliments to them. The team joins me in assuring you that we all are looking forward to welcoming you back for a yet another similar experience at your home here in Mauritius!

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for LUX* Belle Mare

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights (16-22 Sept). It was undoubtedly one of the best places we have ever stayed in. Although I understand that some earlier negative reviews about the hotel may infuse some doubt about this magnificent property, but, believe me guys, I’ve been in your shoes; and I can now say wholeheartedly that if you are not hellbent on finding out faults, you won’t find any here. We are hard-to-please people ourselves and our satisfaction is evident in words below. To business then:

PROS:
1. STAFF:
I always thought that service was overrated and should be considered after property, food and location. It is the first time in my travelling that I understood what difference exceptional service can make. The obvious stars are the people you see everywhere. The genuine smile on their faces reveals the happy working environment behind the scenes. They genuinely want you to have a wonderful time there, and surely, they leave no stone unturned to do the same.
Small gestures of acknowledgement – nods of heads, greetings, smiles everywhere, open body language, willingness to approach any guest even remotely discomforted – these things can make all the difference.
They really go out of their way to please you. I’ll give you an example. We had a gala Honeymoon dinner. We were given a menu in advance on which there were multiple options for each course (Total four) and we had to select our preference. We noticed that as vegetarians, we don’t have a lot of options. I completed the card anyway and while giving them, I mentioned how we had limited options due to our culinary preference. The man at the restaurant desk instantly introduced me to a Chef who would be preparing the dinner for me. The Chef sat with us for about 15 minutes, suggested and set a Menu exactly to our preferences. Finally, on the night itself, he made 14 different items only for us (including some off-menu items). We were sold on the attitude!! Hail Hospitality!
2. AMBIENCE:
Immediately on arrival, we realised that this stay would be relaxing. There is a calming aura about the place; soothing music everywhere in the background; an all-white theme, both-in the staff uniforms and the furnishings; picturesque pool; white-sand beach; PEACE. The ambience has a Mediterranean feel to it – very soothing.
3. ROOM:
We had requested in advance for a refurbished Junior Suite. Our check-in was prompt. The room was well appointed. Had THE BEST BED we have ever slept on. The balcony overlooked the Gazebo and the beach. Everything seemed New and Spotless.
4. BEACH & POOL:
The beach is very clean. There are plenty of sunbeds around and plenty of alert staff about to help you find your perfect spot. Hammocks and beanbags are scattered throughout the grounds to make it even more relaxing. There are plenty of beach hawkers about and they can be a bit pushy but I guess it’s a public beach so it can’t be avoided. There is also a lot of seaweed on the shore but it was not a hindrance to us.
The pool is very pretty and clean. No dried leaflets or insects about – spotless. Just as in the pictures.
5. FREEBIES & ACTIVITIES:
They’re everywhere. Even in places you didn’t look before. Everywhere was a happening place. You could get as involved (or as aloof) as you want. They have diverse activities and events going throughout the day (and most part of evening). The free water-sports are varied and quite nice. There is snorkelling, glass bottom boat, kayaks, water skiing, pedal boats – all free. We experienced them all and then some. Then there’s Yoga Lessons, Dancing, Star Gazing, Movie on the Beach, Tropical Dances, Musicians while you eat and lots more. The free SPA facilities (Steam, Sauna, Hammam, Jacuzzi) were thoroughly used by yours truly.

CONS:
1. FOOD:
I would not actually put food as a negative, but for us – Indian Vegetarians, the options were rather limited. Although we didn’t go hungry – plenty of fruits, juices and yogurt about – but the variety leaves the vegetarian appetite asking for more.
Also, the breakfast, though fresh and tasty, gets monotonous after 4-5 days.
Additionally, although the service in the main buffet restaurant is exemplary, the same can’t be said of the two adjacent specialty restaurants. Maybe they are short staffed, I don’t know; but the service was quite slow and lazy in the other two restaurants.
2. LOCATION:
This can be a positive if you want to be away from it all. But if you want to see the whole of Mauritius, it is a hindrance to be an hour’s drive from anywhere (except Ile Aux Cerfs).
However, I must say that it is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius. So, as a trade-off, the location factor didn’t worry us too much. But it might to some people.
3. PRICES:
The resort is a true five star here also.  The tap water is not drinkable as in any other Five Star resort. Try bringing your drinking water from outside as their prices are nearly four times for the same bottle of water. Also, if you are not on half-board (Like us) or All-inclusive plans, you will pay a LOT for your food.

Although the numbers of PROS against CONS may not do justice (5-3), I have to stress the magnitude of the positivity of each PRO against the small negative of any CON. I commend the Management for such a well-run setup and thank the Staff for making our stay memorable. To take any specific names would be an insult to the other hard-workers behind the scene.
I would go there in a heartbeat and would highly recommend you to do the same. We got an awesome price for this small slice of paradise. Go there before the prices deservedly increase!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Refurbished Room.... Level 2 is the best....
5  Thank devansh_god
Ashish M, Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Devansh_God, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you so much for the detailed and beautiful review for us on this forum and the very nice title to the comment. We are glad that you had a wonderful stay and you enjoyed the resort thoroughly. You have listed the several special features of the resort including the rooms, the team members, the overall ambience, the beach and pool and the various activities and special touches which make Lux* Belle Mare special. We have also well noted the areas listed by you where in we could improve upon and want to assure you that we shall work upon these appropriately. The entire team at the resort thanks you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful experience;

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great hotel, with lots of activities during the day. The hotel organise many of these, mostly at no cost. The pool area is great serving milkshakes during the day and ice cream in the afternoon's. The rooms are all sea front rooms, although the trees block most of the view. The service was a little different to what I've expereinced in other 5* hotels but neither the less its still good and the staff all go out their way to help you and know you by names. The SPA is great to relax and use the facilities for free. We went for half board meaning drinks and lunch was not included, this wasn't a problem but it was annoying when you try a different restaurant in the hotel and the staff don't tell you anything until you ask what is included or not. The food choice in the main kitchen is quite limited after a few days, so it can get quite repetitive, although its still quite tasty. The issue I had with the service was that when I asked the chef if they had a veggie pasta (as my wife does not eat meat) he told me to go ask the waiter, I said why, and his reply was short and uninterested. I asked my waiter and the veggie pasta was duly delivered. Another thing was I asked reception to book a tennis session for me, they told me to go the courts and do it there. Was it really much trouble for them to help me out? Anyway, great hotel and would recommend it to anyone, lots of families and groups were there while we were there and a few couples. Contact me if you want to know about the trips one can do there and prices.

Room Tip: Junior suite facing sea front are nice and away from the noise of the main area

Dear hgd_7,

Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for your review for us on this forum. We are glad that you had a pleasant stay overall and thankyou for highlighting the little touches at the resort. You have listed a few examples wherein, we clearly did not stand up to our own standards and your expectations. We shall be working on these immediately and we will rectify the same. Like mentioned by you in the earlier part of your review, the team members of ours are ready to go all the way out towards making our guests happy and we will ensure that the guests continue to experience the 'simplicity', the 'genuine desire to serve' and the 'passion to excel' of our team members all the time and through the resort. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the spa treatments and thank you for your recommendation for us.

We hope to see you again at Lux* Belle Mare to experience a wonderful holiday with us;

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I spent 3 nights at LUX Belle Mare and was impressed with the beautifully groomed beaches at the resort. I did have a few problems such as miscommunication with staff and some faulty furniture in my room. These problems left me feeling a little sour but upon speaking with management I was assured it wouldn't happen again. Looking forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear cxbonne, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! We are glad that you had a relaxing stay with us and thank you for the review for us on this forum. The resort beach with its wide stretch and white soft sands is one of our striking features. Like mentioned in the title of your comment, the whole experience at the resort is indeed relaxing and rejuvenating. We are happy that our management team could assist you and resolve the matter while you were still here and we encourage all our guests to share with us any issue which we could assist with while they are here so that the holiday remains special and one offering lasting memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back home at Lux* Belle Mare in the near future;

Best regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

An ideal resort for honeymooners...excellent service..average or rather dim rooms...beautiful beach ..Highlights were...unisex steam /sauna/jacuzzi ..never seen that before an ultimate time for honeymooners ....good food ...breakfast was a little repetitive though ..3-4 days was enough..
One afternoon had lunch at their beach restaurant and it was the best pizza i ever had.
Cons - location from all sightseeing in mauritius and the city is quite a distance and if u don't have your own vehicle moving out can get expensive .
As we stayed in grand baie for a part of our holiday ..the fun there was proximity yo night life /mall and seeing the local life.

2  Thank DocKhushi

Dear DocKhushi, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for your beautiful comment for us on this forum. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and liked the beach, spa facilities and pizzas of ours. At Lux* Belle Mare, we have worked extensively upon the small elements which together combine towards making a unqiue holiday experience for all our guests. From Coffee to ice creams to pizzas and the choice of bathroom amenities and spa products, each aspect has been worked upon by the experts in the field and it is therefore wonderful to read that you found our pizzas to be the best! We have well noted the areas listed by you for improvement and we shall work upon these immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year to celebrate your first wedding anniversary;

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife and I have travelled to most continents over the years, Asia, caribbean, America etc and we both agree that luxury hotels in the far east are hard to beat. We were absolutely shocked at the ultimate 5 star luxury that we encountered during our 7 night stay.
From the arrival at the hotel, cold drinks and friut and then a massage to welcome us. The room (1018) was breathtaking, designed and decorated to a very high level and once again, absolute luxury.
What really made this hotel stand out for us was the staff. They were incredible throughout the entire stay. Obviously alot of training has got them to this level and that's a credit to the hotel management. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they are above all friendly without being intusive or over the top. Attention to detail was breathtaking, remembering your name, your drink, infact remembering everything. The food at the hotel was outstanding. We opted for the all inclusive and for the first time ever, that included all the a la carte restaurants. One restaurant stood out for us amongst them all and that was the indouchine.....I think we eat ther 4 out of the 7 nights. This restaurant was better than most top quality ones in London. Lux hotels have got it right and we for one will be staying at other Lux locations. The hotel is situated on a gorgeous white sandy beach and has the most beautiful pool and gardens imanginable. The grounds are meticulously cleaned all day long together with the beach. Canopes served during the day, even your sunglasses are cleaned for you. This really was the ultimate 7 nights of luxury that I don't think I will ever better. Value for money was excellent. This hotel has better reviews than others that cost four times the amount (Le Tousserock, One and Only etc) and they rightly deserve the fabulous reviews they have been getting. I am trying to be totally un-biased but truthly cannot fault the hotel in any way. Once again thanks to the incredible staff and chefs. I would personally recommend this hotel to all, couples, families etc. Paradise should be given a new name, and that is LUX BELLE MARE. Activities at the hotel are endless and all free, try the water-skiing, the staff are great instructors. I am not going to name individual staff as they were all fantastic as I found out to my cost when my wife made me withdraw some money so she could thank everyone with a generous tip. There is even oppurtunity to give to the 'Tip pool' which ensures that the behind the scenes staff get a bit too...... a lovely touch.

Room Tip: All the rooms at the hotel are in brilliant locations, the design of the hotel is flawless.
4  Thank Alastair S

Dear Alastair S, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare. Thank you for a beautiful review for us and the even more beautiful title to the comment! The entire team is glad that you had a wonderful stay and a completely seamless experience from arrival till departure and that the team members have had a lasting impression on you. While your review is a great reinforcement of our belief that we do offer a unique experience to all our guests, it also adds a great sense of responsibility to all of us - a responsibility towards our future guests of standing up to their expectations. I would like to assure you and all our future guests that the resort team genuinely will strive continually to mantain our standards and improve them from time to time to ensure that we remain at the very top in our service deliveries. The resort itself is well located with a wide stretch of white soft sandy beach and beautifully landscaped gardens offering a sense of tranquility to all and together with quality food and beverage offerings and spacious and comfortable rooms; is a perfect holiday destination.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another relaxing holiday;

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Nice property...excellent location....expansive clean beach....less pebbly compared to other parts of mauritius....welcoming staff....make it a point to get to know you and add a personal touch by addressing you by name and remembering your preferences....the a la carte dinner option in half board allows for a sit down dinner .....being served at the table rather than walking up to a buffet for taking a helping repeatedly......however a little limited choice of selections on the menu...could do with more variety....stayed for only 3 nights so no major issue but for those who may chose to stay longer ....may tend to get repetitive ....like the breakfast....however on the plus side very receptive staff who offered to switch our desert options to more continental....with a yummy tiramisu rather than the standard indian sweets on the menu at the indian restaurant......excellent equipment at the boat house for complimentary water sports.....PADI team for scuba diving coaching....lovely spa... a rather romantic touch with a unisex Jacuzzi / steam / sauna....which is complimentary for the hotel guests.....also the therapies are nice and relaxing....they have happy hour packages that work out cost effective too.....rooms r quite standard 5 star variety....actually more resort like and aged.....also quite dimly lit ....could be meant to add to the romantic feel of the place but often they edge towards too dull a lighting....happened to stay on a Tuesday evening .....which is supposed to be a management cocktail night .....where the management socializes with the guests over complimentary cocktails and appetizers with a local mauritian dance for entertainment......quite an interesting and unique concept.

Room Tip: all rooms face the sea....first floor rooms have a better view than ground floor
1  Thank docnavin

Dear Docnavin, Greetings from Lux* Belle Mare! Thank you for such a detailed and beautiful review for us. We are glad that you had a wonderful complete holiday with us. Lux* Belle Mare with its focus on unqiue and refreshing concepts aims at just that and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay thoroughly with us. We are glad that the team of ours did make an impression on you through their genuinity, passion and caring attitude. We have well noted your comment on breakfast variety and would like to assure you that our breakfast selection has been enhanced and more variety has been added to the offerings at breakfast. As regards the lighting in the rooms, we shall review the same as well apprporiately. We are glad that you enjoyed the spa, the water activities and diving with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another blissful beach holiday with us;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Belle Mare
#3 of 13 in Belle Mare
Constance Belle Mare Plage
Constance Belle Mare Plage
#2 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!