“A healing trip to Mauritius”
Review of LUX* Belle Mare

LUX* Belle Mare
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Belle Mare
Reviewed August 31, 2012

As soon as one arrives to this haven of peace, your cares melt away. From the personal welcome from the Hotel Manager, to the welcome cooling towel and refreshment, and then guided to a meticulously clean room with a kindly view of the courtyard pool. Lux Belle Mare is what you make of it; I learned to sail a catamaran on the clear blue crystal waters of the lagoon from Pascal the excellent teacher and underwent an intensive spa healing package from the expert Balinese therapist Tatik. It was magical and I could sense the worries and tension float way, just like watching the clouds disappear leaving a clear blue sky to gaze upon from the beach lounger. Service was awesome and kind, and the food magnificent. I especially liked Langoustier and the Lobster special. Only go if you dare to deeply and profoundly relax and be surrounded by beauty.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank iangarbett
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear iangarbett,
Thank you for the great comments! I am glad you were able to unwind and forget about the everyday life! Pascal (not me of course) is indeed an excellent sailing teacher and Tatik..well...when she starts to massage you, you find yourself floating after 5 minutes!
I am glad you enjoyed the service and the food also. I will relay your message to all our wonderful team members!
Sincerely, Pascal

Write a ReviewReviews (5,712)

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the little extras that made the stay most enjoyable : the coffee, the excellent food at the asian restaurant, the action taken by the staff when I had a concern. Great customer service from the fitness instructors, and welcome staff.

5  Thank Helene A
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear HeleneAhPong,
Thank you so much for your great comments, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the food, our fresh roasted coffee and the services of our terrific fitness instructors!
We look forward to welcoming back to LUX* Belle Mare!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just returne dfrom a 10 day break and couldnt wait to endorse the high ratings registered for this hotel.
We elected to go for the all inclusive package which best suited my wife and I and our two ravenous late teens.Our accomodation and the entire hotel were spotlessly clean and beautifully presented.The choice of restaurants and food available was excellent.My wife a coeliac was made to feel special, rather than specially demanding.Staff would escort her through the menu with the chefs on numerous occasions preparing one-off gluten free specials for her consumption.A personal thankyou for the attention you gave my wife in this matter, a level of care we have never experienced at previous hotels.The grounds are beautiful, the pool and beach also.The activities and evening entertainment were varied and of a high standard.As a resonably active family we spent most of our time on the beach swimming, snorkelling, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing and diving.The equipment was of a reasonable standard the diving equipment first class.The dive master Jean Michelle knowledgeable, friendly and considerate of our varying experience.The dives were exceptional, comparable to the Seychelles close to Maldivian standards.
I try to write a balanced review but my only niggle would be the lack of an 'all inclusive' beach ice cream option appeared a little penny-pinching.
Despite seeing leaping humpback whales from the beach our enduring memory will be the smiles and care of the staff.Special mention deserved by Vick, Revin, Chandri and Deepak. All staff met our requests with a willingness to exceed our expectations.Go to this hotel before it is fully booked or its charges deservedly increase!

2  Thank chris h
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear chris h,

Thank you so much for your comments which I shared with the entire team of LUX* Belle Mare. I went this morning to see the bakery team and the diving center team to read your comments, you gave them a terrific boost! Heartfelt thanks from all of us!
We look forward to welcoming you back at LUX* Belle Mare in a not so distant future!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

A fantastic hotel which I have no hesitation recommending, may not be the top one on Mauritius but the service, rooms, food are excellent . The staff cannot do enough to make you feel extremely comfortable and relaxed. Our room has been refurbished in the Kelly Hoppen style and is very well appointed, stylish and comfortable. The bathroom is exceptional. A highlight is the food with excellent choice and more importantly quality for breakfast and dinner . Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they go out of their way to please.
The sports facilities are excellent. Food is expensive as with most hotels in Mauritius so as long as you are prepared for that you will have a great time at Lux Belle Mare. Young children appear to be well catered for with the mini club , Ice cream parlour and free glass boat rides!

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thainsmith
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear thainsmith,

Thank you very much for your great comments and your visit! I will make sure everyone at LUX* Belle Mare read your message!
I am blessed to have in my team some of the best employees on the island! Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming back to LUX* Belle Mare!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Mauritius overall as an island is not so great. Lux Belle Mare is so good, it will entice you not to leave the resort and stay within its confines your entire stay. I tend to like to go around, and I explore every part of the island except for the south east.

The hotel is very cosy, we had a great suite with deck that was not too far from the beach. Suite 1014, although not decorated in my personal choice for decor......it was as nice as my own home in Dubai.

Although the primary language is French/Creole, there will be little problem with communication with staff....so this should not put you off.

Meals: breakfast was great, lunch on the beach tent great--dinner gets redundant after 3 days. Important to find some other alternatives for evening dining if you will be present for 7 or more days. Was not able to find a quaint stand alone restaurant, the island does not seem to lend itself to that.

Activities--wide selection water sports including fantastic kite boarding. Also tennis available, horse back riding, fishing (however we did not partake of any) We did go to the botanical garden, we rented a car, it took an afternoon for about 1 hour guided tour in the park, which was worth it.....very interesting. Also went to the Black River National Park, and this was great.......although a long drive away, this is good for 2-3 days and represents the best in natural beauty in Mauritius, in my opinion. Bring a picnic basket, Lux will prepare one for you. Only hiking here, but the vistas are great.

Spa-very low priced, however questionable efficacy, however we did enjoy our afternoon.

Connectivity: BB worked slowly, mobile worked in most places- 3G, WIFI was very slow in the hotel, however the computers in the lobby work well.

Overall I would come back, especially if I learn how to kite board/surf. Price of the hotel was very reasonable......hence it was the end of the winter off season.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, however I liked the rooms closer to the main building. A suite was not too...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoodSport1

Dear GoodSport1,

Thank you very much for your comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and services. Thank you for the comments regarding our dinner variety and the spa efficiency, I reviewed your comments with the team and we will certainly work on these two points immediately!
If you plan to take on kite surfing, please be aware that we are partners with the best kite school on the island which is located five minutes from our resort (free transfers)! We look forward to welcoming back to LUX* Belle Mare!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

What a fabulous place,absolutely brilliant service,all the staff were very polite,very attentive,very helpful,excellent service,just couldn't fault it. Vinns in the bar to Jessica at reception, very professional. You must try their coffee. The Cafe Lux,near the reception,excellently made,the best I've ever had,beats all the well known brands in major city high streets. Very nice room with all the best facillities, very clean and well looked after by the household staff. Also,you must try the spa, again you will be pampered beyond your expectations,beautiful girls giving wonderful relaxing massages. I went twice, if I had more time than a week,I would have gone again. Food wise there was an excellent choice every night, good international choices and well prepared,and very tasty.
Generally the accommodation and location of the hotel is very well appointed. I would definitely return here again.
Incidentally, I don't work for the hotel,or the leisure industry.

Room Tip: All rooms are of very good quality and very well cleaned and looked after by the staff. Whatever sui...
4  Thank Stuart033
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Stuart033,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your comments on this forum regarding our property! I am glad you enjoyed our service, rest assured I will transmit your compliments to our wonderful team members!! Our coffee is indeed very successful with our in-house guests as well as from outside, even from other hotels by the way! As you probably know, we roast and blend our own coffee.
For the coffee specialists who are reading this, our coffee beans come from Brazil, Guatemala and Ethiopia,organically grown and strictly from fare trade. Our blend is of course secret (sorry), although I might tell you if you book with us!
Cheers! Pascal

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

OK, Tripadvisor asked me here which month we stayed here, but even their system doesnt go back as far as the time we stayed here, and this hotel was named Beau Rivage then........ I just thought Id look up an old friend (this hotel) and see how it rates etc etc....

In short, Im not at all surprised its right on top of the ratings. We have since our visit (think 2006) stayed at quite a few locations worldwide, incl other tropical islands. And I just wanted to say, our fondest memories are of staying at the Beau Rivage (now Lux). Since the time we arrived at the hotel we were treated like royalty ! :) We celebrated a special occasion, and on arrival at 10-11pm that eve we were greated in our room (thinking we'd miss dinner, so we'd had to stick it out until breakfast) with big, fresh seafood platters, fruits and a bottle of champagne with our names printed on the label !!

I'll leave it to more recent visitors to add pics etc of this wonderful place.

We are making plans to return soon...... :)

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank IslandVisit0r
PBertrand1, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear IslandVisitOr,

Thank you very much for these wonderful comments regarding your experience at Beau Rivage in 2006, we just can't wait to welcoming you back to LUX* Belle Mare for you to discover the numerous changes and improvements we undertook during these six years!
Pascal

Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita
The Residence Mauritius
The Residence Mauritius
#3 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to LUX* Belle Mare? Share your experiences!