First let me say thanks to all at The Residence for another fabulous holiday with you at the end of September. This now my 6th visit to the hotel. My first was in November 2006 and on planning to return the question did arise in my mind would it come up to the first class standard of my first visit. Well I need not have benn concerned for not only did it match my expectations - it exceeded them and has continued to do so each visit. I don't know how you improve on perfection - but somehow you do - well done and keep up the good work.
From the moment you arrive, you are welcomed by some of the friendliest people you will ever meet who are genuinely pleased to welcome you with cold towels and iced tea to refresh you after your long flight.
I was travelling this time with my elderly parents ( this was their 4th visit ) and we felt as though we had arrived at home in our Residence such was the welcome. Throughout their stay the staff were wonderfully caring and thoughtful towards them at all times - thank you.
From the moment you look out from the cathedral like entrance hall with its high vaulted ceilings, out over the pool area and out to the beach you just know you have arrived in paradise.
The rooms are elegant and tastefully appointed and your personal butler ( yes you have a butler ) and the room boy made sure that everything was just spotless and perfect throughout our stay.
The dinning experience is centered around the beautiful main dinning room and is the epitome of fine dinning experience where the chef and his team will create mouthwatering dishes for you. You can also eat at the plantation, sitauted on the beach, which is less formal and hosts wonderful themed buffet evenings along with local entertainment which you must not miss during your stay. If you have any dietary requirements just let them know and everything will be taken care of for you so that you fully enjoy your dinning experience throughout your holiday.
My own preference for during the day is the pool area for sunbathing and swimming. This as with all the other public areas is kept to an immaculate standard with constant attention by the staff. There are three adult pools and one specially formed pool for the children.
There is also a spledid pure white sandy beach which spans the ehtire length of the property which my father ( just turned 80 ) loved to walk every day before swimming in the cystal clear blue waters of the Indian ocean - this was his special treat. Ther is also a host of complimentary water activities down at the beach.
The thing that makes this hotel so successful are the staff who are welcoming, friendly, courteous and they are always attentive but never intrusive. One very interesting point is that many of the staff - if not infact the majority - have been here since the hotel first opened. This is quite an achievement and is due in no small part to the excellent management philosophy. All the main managers, including the general manager are seen regualrily around the hotel and all take time to interact with guests.
Having traveled extensively throughout the world, mainly on holiday but also for business on occassions I can tell you that high standards of servcie can be increasingly hard to find - but not so the Residence where they set the highest of standards that many would do well to emulate.
We met wonderful people at the hotel and this year we have formed amongst ourselves the 'September club' - a very mixed group of young, middle aged and seniors who are planning to return next year for what we know will be a most excelent time. You see we are all a very discerning group of travellers.
My holidays are very important to me and I have enjoyed many in varied countries but standing head and shoulders above the rest is The Residence. My friends often ask why I return so often. The answer is simple - I have found my liitle piece of paradise and I have found the best - so why look anywhere else.
If you have never been to Mauritius you must visit soon and when you do make sure it is to The residence. I can assure you that like me you will not be disappointed - you will love it and it will draw you back time and time again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare