Well what can i say about this hotel;if i could give 6 stars i would!
We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the most pleasant and friendly staff i have ever encountered.
The hotel, and all its staff, really are 5 star. if you want complete relaxation then this is the place head for. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. They will tend to your every need.
The hotel is immaculate and beautifully decorated with impressive wooden carvings.
The food is outstanding and would rival some of the best around. There for 2 weeks and not once did i have a dodgy stomach - that is unheard of! They still have to cater for the other nationalities at breakfast with some weird and wonderful stuff like stir fried beef and veg with potato and rice or even a croissant as some seemed to enjoy - whatever takes your fancy i suppose.
We stayed on a half board basis, so had breakfast and evening meal - lunch was around £15 per person - 5 star hotel 5 star prices but don't get me wrong it was tasty food.
Drinks are fairly expensive, in fact they are very expensive, £9 per cocktail and £4 for half a pint. We offered some feedback whilst there and the team are looking into what they can do to offer better value - like i said it is 5 star though so.....
Anyway as i was saying i would highly recommend this hotel, it is absolutely fabulous.
Thank you so much to all of you for making our honeymoon unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare