The Residence had been the best hotel ever I have stayed with. This trip was a special occasion as I booked it for my honeymoon. I had asked for the best property along the sea and I was advised to choose residence and I am happy with my decision. With impeccable service and a beautiful location Residence makes my no 1 choice for all time best hotel stays till now.
Hotel is situated 45 minutes drive from the airport. Staff is attentive and courteous to take proactive steps on your arrival. On arrival iced tea was offered and check in was excellent. We got an ocean view room at second floor which was very good view of the Belle Mare beach. We could see the sunrise from our balcony. The room was pretty big for two and a fabulous bathroom with a big bath tub.
The pool area was near to our room and there were big warm water pools which makes you too lazy to get out especially in cooler seasons(we went in September 2013). The pool attendants are quick and courteous.
We opted for half board package and for seven days beautiful breakfast was served , for diner there was an option to have it in the main dining area or at the Plantation(a small walk towards the yatch club of the hotel) where theme based dinner was served every alternate day. The Plantation offered Asian, Oriental and exotic sea food menus while on our stay plus there were local performers which entertained the guest. Its mandatory to book your seats as it is generally busy and full with guests from outside also.
The hotel have a awesome "yacht club" adjacent to the Plantation which offers free water sports, snorkeling, glass bottom boat trips and sailing. We two enjoyed a lot at the club with almost spending half day doing all possible water sports. The beach is superb and kept well taken care of. I would recommend at least a week of stay at the Residence to enjoy it and savor a great experience.
Don’t forget your butler to ask for a bubble bath which he will gladly prepare for you and my promise you won’t regret it. Overall we as a couple had a great experience at the Residence , great service, great food and courteous staff. I have already recommended The Residence to all my friends and relatives going to Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare