My husband and I stayed for a week in the Residence in July 2013. We were there for our honeymoon and the stay in Residence made our honeymoon all the more special. The staff is very honest and courteous. Shahil at the concierge was very helpful and had all the answers about the water sports, places to visit and foreign exchange.
Every member of the staff is courteous and greets you with a smile, a good morning and a Namaste at any hour of the day.
We had opted for an ocean-view room and the view was blissful. As we stood in our balcony, we would get a great view of the Indian ocean. The sight of glimmering water in between the coconut palms wakes you in the morning. If you are a morning person, you might even get to see a beautiful sunrise.
There are a few convenient facilities in the room such as the mini bar, the refrigerator, the kettle and hair dryer. If you need to use any of the electrical appliances that you have carried from home, the staff is more than helpful in providing you with an adapter. You get two bottles of water complementary in your room.
The swimming pool is not very deep and is safe for new swimmers as well. The Residence also has a Jacuzzi. The pool staff is very friendly and helpful as well.
The beach is sparkling clean but is very shallow for swimmers. The Residence also provides complimentary ride in the glass boat where you get to see the under water corals and fishes. The Kayaking/canoeing, paddle boating and snorkeling are also complimentary. The concierge can also arrange for some of the water sports such as para sailing and under water walk at a reasonable cost.
There is a Tennis court and the spa as well.
The restaurants do not offer a great variety for the vegetarians but the food isn't bad. If you are a spice lover, you can mention the same beforehand and the same would be made for you. There is a special buffet with traditional Creole cuisine and you also get to see the beautiful Mauritian traditional dance performances once in a week.
The staff at the restaurant had arranged for a special decorated table for dinner for us, on a special request by my husband. I was pleasantly surprised.
If you want your holiday to be special and want to feel special, then The Residence Mauritius is the place for you to be. The clean, beautiful, well maintained place with the best staff who definitely know how to make you feel special is certainly a place I would recommend for my family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare