Me and my husband went to this hotel 3 weeks back and we just loved it... we were looking for some quiet and nice place and the hotel was more than what we desired. Lot of water activities were at the hotel itself and were included in the stay package - snorkeling, glass bottom boat, paddle boat, sailing, water ski, etc - and therefore, there was a lot at the hotel to do. Also, the beach was beautiful and under sea walk as well as para sailing were available at walking distance from the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was too polite and courteous and tried their best to keep us satisfied. After a couple of days, we were bored of the food and we asked the chef at the plantation restaurant (the hotel has 2 restaurant, a bar menu, and a pool menu) to try something Indian and he gladly honored our request. For rest of the week, the hotel tried to have something Indian everyday in the menu. Our butler - Sachin - was very helpful and I would really recommend him for the service he provided. Great hospitality!
We also took the catamaran cruise organized by the hotel and it was really fun - even the food on the cruise was yummy! We had a great time and I would suggest everyone to take that cruise (of course if you like spending time at the sea).
When we were strolling through the city, we were told by the locals that Residence is the quietest hotel here and others are more noisy. So, if you are looking for a serene and quiet experience and you mostly want to be in the hotel and enjoy.. this is the place to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare